Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eric Tie Bi (Ivorian International) on trial at Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Aldi is a good supermarket
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Just relaying what I've been told boys.

By whom exactly ?
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

If he has a £1.5 m price tag then he will not be training with us as we only shop at Aldi. Remember we allegedly don't have two bob to rub together!

If that price tag is true thne this is a non-starter unless we are expecting a cash injection from new investors! Probably training with us to stay fit whilst he attends other trials in the UK. Powell doing his charity bit again!
  • Options
    From Twitter:

@RichCawleySLP

Eric Tie Bi impressed on trial at #cafc. Addicks hoping Ivory Coast midfielder will stay with them until end of week.
  • Options

From Twitter:

@RichCawleySLP

Eric Tie Bi impressed on trial at #cafc. Addicks hoping Ivory Coast midfielder will stay with them until end of week.

Tomorrow then.
  • Options

From Twitter:

@RichCawleySLP

That's gotta be the shortest CAFC transfer in history...one week. Suppose it's all we can afford tho.
  • Options

From Twitter:

@RichCawleySLP

To then disappear to Lens no doubt.

• Options

From Twitter:

@RichCawleySLP

To then disappear to Len's no doubt.

@Len Glover - he arrived yet?

• Options
    If he should be offered a job, Eric will get my full support. But it strikes me that what we need is someone more in the mould of the player that Dale Stephens might have been. (I'd still like Dale to come good but I'm afraid that may take longer than Sheffield United).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JonnyK said:

Would you sign a very poor man's Samedo???

How many games had Semedo played in the French Top division? How many games had he played at any level when we signed him?

Nothing like writing a bloke off before seeing him play.
    That's what people do.
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Would you sign a very poor man's Samedo???

Honestly, where do we find these posters?
  • Options
    Could at least spell Semedo properly
  • Options
    Fiver says we try to sign him and then we can't get a work pernit for him. It's a conspiracy!
  • Options

Fiver says we try to sign him and then we can't get a work pernit for him. It's a conspiracy!

He has played over 60 games for his country so I don't think getting a work permit will be a problem. I don't know why but I have a feeling that this one is going to come off for us.

Looking forward to welcoming Eric to the fray.
  • Options
    He has never played for the Ivory Coast according to Wiki. If Hull were going to bid £1.5m there is not a chance we will sign him.
  • Options
    Surely if there was a fee involved we wouldnt have wasted the time in bringing him over for a trial and then try and keep him for another week?
  • Options

Surely if there was a fee involved we wouldnt have wasted the time in bringing him over for a trial and then try and keep him for another week?

unless we can get Evian to agree deferment of payment for a year, as Spurs did for Button, and hope we find some money by then to pay.

• Options
    Sign him up
    Start him Saturday
  • Options
    Let's see what he does in a Charlton shirt, if we get that opportunity. Kermorgant came from Ligue 2 via Leicester so french football can't be that bad and every team has it's talents.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So how many of you knew that much about the likes of Kermorgant, Taylor, Morrison, Hamer, Wiggins, Hollands, Stephens, Pritchard etc. before they joined? How many of you were over the moon when you saw us linked with those names?

And I don't mean what you just made up about what your mates have told you, how much did you really know? Not a lot I'm assuming.

Chris Powell has brought him in for a reason, and he would have seen more of him and heard many more reliable sources than any doom-monger lurking on this thread would have done.

He's only in on trial. If he doesn't perform, we won't sign him. If he does perform, then he's got a chance.

Let's just see, shall we?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

So how many of you knew that much about the likes of Kermorgant, Taylor, Morrison, Hamer, Wiggins, Hollands, Stephens, Pritchard etc. before they joined? How many of you were over the moon when you saw us linked with those names?

And I don't mean what you just made up about what your mates have told you, how much did you really know? Not a lot I'm assuming.

Chris Powell has brought him in for a reason, and he would have seen more of him and heard many more reliable sources than any doom-monger lurking on this thread would have done.

He's only in on trial. If he doesn't perform, we won't sign him. If he does perform, then he's got a chance.

Let's just see, shall we?

Spot on for me. Lets just see.

• Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m
    CP, on triallist Eric Ti Bie: "He has been here since Tuesday and has acquitted himself very well." #PressDay (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    @NewsShopperSprt: Sounds like #cafc boss Chris Powell keen on trialist Eric Tie Bi. No fee involved and potential of making it an initial loan appeal to CP
  • Options
    Will be a loan not a purchase...
  • Options
    edited August 2013

@NewsShopperSprt: Sounds like #cafc boss Chris Powell keen on trialist Eric Tie Bi. No fee involved and potential of making it an initial loan appeal to CP

Sounds the right price for us.

Let's see if he signs first and then see him play before we right him off.

Doubt he's the perfect all round player but if he was he'd be nowhere near SE9.
  • Options
    Powell likes what he sees and it's in a position we desperately need quality in.

Why are people complaining?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That report from the Hull games says he kept the ball ticking over nicely, he was just a bit rash in challenges...which oozes of someone trying too hard to impress.

Lets face it, bar Pritchard we dont have the most energetic central midfield. Lets have a look at him Powelly!
  • Options
    Can you play trialists in the U21 leagues?
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Will be a loan not a purchase...

From the tweet , sounds more like a free transfer but with the option of a loan (somehow) to see what his like first