Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player Marks: Charlton v Leicester

Wow we won at home!, right let's have your marks out of 10, just copy and paste the list:

Hamer
Morrison
dervite
Cort
Jackson
Stephens
Pritchard
Wiggins
Wilson
Church
Kermorgant

Gower n/a
Cousins n/a
Pigott n/a

Comments

• Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 7
    Dervite - 8
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 8
    Pritchard - 8
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 7
    Church - 8
    Kermorgant - 9
  • Battery's tight!
    But morro was definitely my MOTM
  • Hamer - 6
    Morrison - 8
    Dervite - 8
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 6
    Pritchard - 8
    Wiggins - 8
    Wilson - 9
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 7

Big mentions for the Cousins and Piggot who came off the bench and were excellent. Pre-season I was one of those bemoaning the idea of relying on the kids - I'm happily being proven wrong !

• Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 8.5
    dervite - 8
    Cort - 8
    Jackson - 8
    Stephens - 8
    Pritchard - 8
    Wiggins - 7.5
    Wilson - 7.5
    Church - 8
    Kermorgant - 8

We were great
  • Hamer - 7 - Not much to do, still a tad slow in starting counter attacks but can't complain. Couldn't really help the goal.
    Morrison - 8 - 100 CAFC games topped off nicely with a goal.
    Dervite - 7
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 7.5 - a player with great vision, think this season will be a big one for him.
    Pritchard - 7 - excellent tracking back but a few silly mistakes and sometimes slow on the ball.
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 6 - aside from a few tackles he was practically invisible - found myself getting annoyed at his apparent lack of effort and/or ability.
    Church - 9 + MOM - Incredible work rate, didn't give up, didn't complain and was involved in the majority of the most dangerous attacks.
    Kermorgant - 8 - played a Kermo performance, not really much else you can add. Happy he's still proving Leicester wrong.

Special mention to Cousins (first time I've seen him play for the first team) - thought he was fantastic and has a lot of potential. Seemed as though he was forward thinking but had a defensive mind as well. Gutted he didn't score but hats off to Schmeichel. Liked how Cousins' game consisted of pass and move rather than pass and watch like some players were doing, but that may just be because of fatigue towards the end of the game. Would like to see a lot more game time for JC this season.
  • Hamer-7
    Morrison-8
    dervite-7
    Cort-7
    Jackson-8
    Stephens-8
    Pritchard-7
    Wiggins-8
    Wilson-7
    Church-9
    Kermorgant-9
  • edited August 2013

Hamer 7 Two very good saves when called upon.
    Morrison 7. Looked very composed with Cort and Dervite alongside
    dervite. 7. As per Morro
    Cort. 7. As per Morro
    Jackson. 6. Not fit yet
    Stephens. 7. Busy and effective.
    Pritchard. 8.5. Was a dynamo
    Wiggins 6.5. Not near his best yet. Too many poor touches.
    Wilson. 6. Weakest link for me. Offered nothing in either direction
    Church. 7. Oh Garry Garry
    Kermorgant 8. Loves a big match. Monster again. Two good saves away from a hat trick

Gower n/a.
    Cousins n/a. All three did well.
    Pigott n/a
  • Interesting to see Wilson split opinion again. Between 6 and 9 from the few responses so far.
  • Hamer 7 couple of good saves, but very slow to release the ball even with clear options ahead of him
    Morrison 8 (one point for the goal) that's much more the Morrison we saw last couple of seasons
    Dervite 7
    Cort 7
    Jackson 7 We missed his presence, we still miss him being 100% fit again
    Stephens 7.5 when he's good, he's really good. This is the kind of performance he SHOULD be giving weekly
    Pritchard 8 (MOTM) Never stopped running, tackling or trying to make things happen
    Wiggins 7 Looking like his old self again, luckily
    Wilson 6.5 Lots of running, didn't seem to actually do that much with the ball though
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 8 (point for the goal) turned on the amateur dramatics to wind up Leicester, but back to his battling best. Could have had more goals but for good saves

Gower n/a >
    Cousins n/a> All played a part
    Pigott n/a >

Powell 8 - well done in persevering with the new formation/style, the best home performance by a long way this season - against 10 or 11.
  • Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 8
    Dervite - 7
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 7.5
    Pritchard - 9
    Wilson - 7
    Wiggins 7.5
    Kermogant - 8
    Church - 8.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamer 7.5
    Morrison 7.5
    dervite 7
    Cort 7
    Jackson 7.5
    Stephens 8
    Pritchard 8.5 Best game for us, MOM
    Wiggins 6
    Wilson 7.5
    Church 7.5
    Kermorgant 7.5
  • Hamer - 7 some solid saves
    Morrison - 7 solid defense and good goal
    dervite - 7 solid defense again
    Cort - 8 for me the best of the back three, dominated the air
    Jackson -6 nothing special, missed a great chance, but didnt make any big mistakes
    Stephens - 7 great play in general
    Pritchard - 9 exellent, ran like Mo Farah, the Championship Ramirez, love him in the midfield
    Wiggins 6 - made a few mistakes but got down his wing very well
    Wilson 6 - solid performance, mixed well with Pritchard
    Church 8 - exellent effort, deserved a goal, worked so hard
    Kermorgant - 9 a man possessed. Won headers, charged through their ranks like a tank, great finish and so close the free-kick

Gower 5 only a few mins, did ok
    Cousins 6 good passes, their Gk stopped a goal from him
    Pigott 7 love him haha, best way to appease the fans with that hold-up play, he'll do well to enter the squad
  • Hamer 6 great couple of stops but another rush of the line and getting nowhere near the ball and was closed down by their forward

Morrison 8. Formation suited him

Dervite. 7.5. Composed

Cort. 8. Dominant

Jackson 6. Good to see him back

Stephens 6. Good assit for goal but still doesn't take control of the game v 10 men. Gower showed him what was needed

Pritchard 8. He's here, here's there, he's every feckin' where.

Wiggins 6. Seemed less at ease in new formation
    Wilson 7. Did well at both ends

Church. 8. Had his first child in July. Won't be having any more having run his bollocks off today. Shocking miss from 3 yards

Kermorgant 9. Aggressive, clever, WUM, goal scorer, CM come CH come CF

Gower n/a. pass pass pass pass
    Cousins n/a run run run run run
    Pigott n/a hold hold hold hold
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 7.5
    dervite. 7.5
    Cort 7.5
    Jackson 7.5
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 7.5
    Church 7.5
    Kermorgant 7.5
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 8
    dervite 6
    Cort 7
    Jackson 6
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 9
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 6
    Church 6
    Kermorgant 8

• Hamer 6.5
    Morrison 7
    dervite 7
    Cort 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 9
    Wiggins 6.5
    Wilson 7
    Church 7.5
    Kermorgant 9

Gower n/a
    Cousins n/a
    Pigott n/a

Special mention to all three subs - superb performances to seal the win and calm things down
  • Hamer 7
    Morrison 7
    Dervite 6
    Cort 7
    Jackson 6
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 9
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 7
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 8
  • Hamer - 6
    Morrison - 7
    dervite - 7
    Cort - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Stephens - 6.5
    Pritchard - 8.5
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 6.5
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 8

Gower n/a
    Cousins n/a
    Pigott n/a
  • Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 7
    dervite - 7
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Stephens - 6
    Pritchard - 8.5
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 7
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 7

• I'm not Pritchards biggest fan but thought he was superb today.. Def my mom and didn't stop running!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamer 6.5 two great saves, one flap and usual dithering in distribution
    Morrison 6.5 Much improved and well taken goal
    Dervite 6
    Cort 7 Solid as usual
    Jackson 6
    Stephens 7 Looked good in that system
    Pritchard 7 Great game but still too lightweight for me. Sorry.
    Wiggins 6 Not last season's player.
    Wilson 7 Just don't get the Wilson bashing. Solid in defence and good surging runs forward. Is it his haircut you don't like?
    Church 7
    Kermorgant 7.5

Gower n/a
    Cousins n/a
    Pigott n/a
  • edited August 2013
    Hamer 7
    Morrison 7
    dervite 7
    Cort 7
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 7
    Pritchard 9 Great all round. Also pleased with the yellow he took for the team late on.
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 6
    Church 8
    Kermorgant 8
  • Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 7
    Dervite - 7
    Cort - 8
    Jackson - 6
    Stephens - 7
    Pritchard - 8
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 7
    Church - 8
    Kermorgant - 9
  • Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 8.5
    Dervite - 7.5
    Cort - 7.5
    Jackson - 8
    Stephens - 7.5
    Pritchard - 8.5
    Wiggins - 8.5
    Wilson - 8
    Church - 8
    Kermorgant - 8.5
  • Hamer - 7.5 Poor decision to go for cross in first half but made up for it with a couple of good stops.
    Morrison - 8 Solid and a goal
    Dervite - 7.5 Solid without the goal
    Cort - 8 Safe and reliable - no nonsense
    Jackson - 7.5 Fantastic dead ball delivery
    Stephens - 7.5 looked comfortable in the midfield
    Pritchard - 9.5 Wow he was everywhere
    Wiggins - 7.5 Both he and Wilson made the system work so well
    Wilson - 7.5 See above
    Church - 7 battled well
    Kermorgant - 9 Leicester must love him :)
  • Hamer - 8 (two great stops, everyone has a downer on him at the moment it seems)
    Morrison - 8 (different player from last week)
    Dervite - 7
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Stephens - 7
    Pritchard - 9 motm
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 6
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 8

Schmeichel's last save was the amongst best I've ever seen at The Valley.
  • Hamer - 7
    Morrison - 7
    Dervite - 8
    Cort - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Stephens - 8
    Pritchard - 9
    Wiggins - 7
    Wilson - 7
    Church - 7
    Kermorgant - 8
  • Hamer - 8 couple of good stops
    Morrison - 8 better. Much better
    Dervite - 8 classy and solid
    Cort - 8 looks like he should be crap but just does his job so well.
    Jackson - 7 there for influence and it worked. Needs game time. Looked very lean though!
    Stephens - 7 better. Some good some bad
    Pritchard - 8 Ramirez is a great comparison. Really is mr energy and 3-5-2 really suits him
    Wiggins - 7.5 better. Not perfect but better
    Wilson - 8 lots of energy and tracked back well. That's the guy I hoped we'd signed. Effective but not spectacular
    Church - 8 lone furrow up front but did a great job. Must be a nuisance to play against - always in your face
    Kermorgant - 9 nearest I've ever seen to a "total footballer" in a Charlton shirt. Days like today make me wish he were 5 years younger. I reckon he could play anywhere and make it look good. And easy!

Subs played their part but special mention to Cousins. That boy is the real deal! Pass and move and JESUS CHRIST can he move! Awesome pace and if he'd taken that chance it would have been awesome. Genuinely excited by cousins. Best prospect since Shelvey and hugely athletic to boot!

SCP - took some balls to play that formation after last few results. Clearly we scouted Leicester and saw they are pants at defending corners so fair play for executing that!
    Don't know if anyone saw him applaud their fans - the applauded him to a man. They clearly love him still! Made me proud we've got him and I really pray we can keep him.

• Hamer 7
    Morrison 7.5
    dervite 7.5
    Cort 7
    Jackson 7
    Stephens 7.5
    Pritchard 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Wilson 9
    Church 8
    Kermorgant 9
  • edited August 2013
    Hamer - 7 - Game changing save from a 1 on 1 at 1-0, was alright but his decision making was very poor at times
    Morrison - 8 - Worked very well with the back three and took his goal superbly. Much better
    dervite - 7.5 - Calm and collected, played the ball out very well from the back as well as doing a good job defensively
    Cort - 8 - The man is such a beast!!! Won everything in the air and was a wall for the full 90 mins
    Jackson - 7.5 - We've missed him, while not offering much in the terms of actual play in the game you could see the lift he brought to the team and how motivated he got them
    Stephens - 7.5 - Passed it very well and kept it simple for most of the game, the formation suits him
    Pritchard - 9 - Covered every blade of grass. He just didn't stop running and was such a menace to them for the whole game, created chance going forward to - MOTM
    Wiggins - 7.5 - Was very good defensively and made a number of key tackle's. Was stopped gonig forward by De Laet though.
    Wilson - 8.5 - Probably the best I've seen him play. Was bombing up at down the right flank like a true wing back. Didn't let anything get past him yet still managed to get forward and get in plenty of good crosses.
    Church - 8.5 - He just didn't stop running like Pritchard. Didn't give their defense a moments rest, did miss an open goal though from 3 yards but I'll let him off.
    Kermorgant - 9 - I think he likes the taste of revenge. Took him a while to hit top gear but when he did he was unstoppable, was all over the pitch and could of had a hat-trick if it wasn't for Schmeichel, deserved his goal

All three subs were fantastic and really helped to close out the game well. Cousins and Pigott were both unlucky not to score to.

SCP - 8.5 - Got everything spot on today, perfect team selection to go with the perfect formation selection.