Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Having just watched the QPR game on tele...

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
....if i see ilweumo with back to goal jumping for another uncontested header about 30-40 yrds out....

I think im gonna burst a blood vessel! Can he not control the ball?

He is so easy to defend. Just leave him to it and then pick up the second ball. grrrrrrr.
I counted 10 or 11 times before he got subbed. Bring back Marcus, at least he has the awareness to trap/control the ball if theres no one marking him. Only one was a successful flick on to varney and he only buggered it up.

Reidy - stop moaning mate! He got charged down nearly every time he was on the ball, and that only frustrated him and our play did suffer. That where we need a B plan.

AND - A BLATANT FOUL ON WEAVER! never a bloody goal.

as a plus, Basey looks even better on tele than he did saturday.

Comments

• thanks fazza, Iwelumo was useless on Saturday.
    At leats Varney got into a couple of good positions before being useless.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]thanks fazza, Iwelumo was useless on Saturday.

What I'll say about Iwelumo is that, it becomes very easy to mark him out if he's your default option and no one bothers to go and get the second ball.
  • I could've told you that and saved you the tedious hour and a half wasted watching it again!, it was bad enough being there without going home to suffer it again....my Sky+ recording was instantly deleted...
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]thanks fazza, Iwelumo was useless on Saturday.

What I'll say about Iwelumo is that, it becomes very easy to mark him out if he's your default option and no one bothers to go and get the second ball.

Sorry, but I really liked big Chris after the first few games, now he frustrates me more and more every time I see him play.....he cannot win a header and cannot seem to hold a ball up.
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite] my Sky+ recording was instantly deleted...

And so was mine.

As for Iwelumo, he is our lump, but unfortunately for us, QPR's lump was bigger than him. Still didn't stop us banging it up onto his bonce the whole game though.
  • What I'll say about Iwelumo is that, it becomes very easy to mark him out if he's your default option and no one bothers to go and get the second ball.[/quote]

but can't he take a quick look, decide that he's not going to be challenged, and bring the ball down and pass it to an on running sam or zz....
    it was fecking doing my swede in.

why did i put myself through the pain. thank god for the 4ward button.
  • Me too Eltham, thing is he has never done much in the air for us though.
    Oh to have Marcus back!
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]thanks fazza, Iwelumo was useless on Saturday.

It's pretty sad that we now grade our strikers by their uselessness!!

[cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Me too Eltham, thing is he has never done much in the air for us though.
    Oh to have Marcus back!

Now there's a comment I never thought I'd hear!!
  • I can't believe what I'm hearing here. He has a couple of forgettable games and all of a sudden people want Marcus 'lazy greedy scrotum' Bent back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I can't believe what I'm hearing here. He has a couple of forgettable games and all of a sudden people want Marcus 'lazy greedy scrotum' Bent back.

Aye, when Iwelumo popped the winner in at Hull no one was complaining, but now, he is shit, and Marcus "I'm on £30k a week" Bent is now the better bet.

Man alive, the club has gone to the dogs
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter - it was just an observation from the game having seen it again...

it wasn't forgettable. it was cr&p.

marcus bent at least controls the ball when not under pressure. If it continues for few more games then there's something very wrong...
  • [cite]Posted By: fazza[/cite]
    marcus bent at least controls the ball when not under pressure.

I am sorry but your argument lost all credibility when you said Marcus Bent Controls the ball !LOL
  • nice one kets,in all seriousness i think his wages mades us off load him
  • marcus had trouble controlling his hormones, let alone something as insignificant as a football.....
  • I don't believe what I am seeing/hearing here.

Iwelumo may not be as technically gifted as Bent but he has the guts that Bent will never be able to buy from Prada and plays like he really wants the shirt.

And I use the term 'technically gifted' very loosely.

If you were at the Palace game and numerous other games Iwelumo has been a giant in terms of his attitude and aptitude
  • well ok then. bent tried to control the ball at least... not just flick it on to no body in particular or miss it all together.

this is about Iwelumo being sh1te ... and having no plan B.
  • edited October 2007
    I think his publicised lifestyle was colouring people's view of him. I felt that under Pards last season he often worked hard and performed well at times, although other times this wasn't so apparent and the goals obviously didn't come.

He was playing well for us this season before we decided to offload him to Wigan. He is fast and strong and we could do with him now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I think his publicised lifestyle was colouring people's view of him. I felt that under Pards last season he often worked hard and performed well at times, although other times this wasn't so apparent and the goals obviously didn't come.

He was playing well for us this season before we decided to offload him to Wigan.
    Can't disagree with that to be fair
  • He played averagely against Scunthorpe and well against Swindon and that was it.

I find it very difficult to stick up for Bent as I did for a long time and my patience snapping when he proved in his body language and work rate he did not want to be here.
  • I was never 100% anti-Marcus Bent - he obviously has some talent, probably more so than any striker we have at the moment - but unfortunately he is also tabloid fodder due to the people he associates with.

I'm sure his antics off the pitch are no more unusual than pretty much the rest of the squad (clubbing, drinking, shagging) it's just that no one has any interest in what Yassin Moutakil or Therry Racon get up to in their spare time.

Marcus Bent is a half-decent Premier League standard player & in a good team he will score goals, unfortunately we have been anything but a good team in recent years.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]my Sky+ recording was instantly deleted...

And so was mine.

And mine, I even got the missus to do it so I did not have to think about the game.
  • I think it is possible for us to recall him in January unless Wigan decide to buy him for (guess) somewhere between £500k and £1M
  • i've still got my sky plus recording ..purely cos i want to see how many times mcClown touched the ball after he came on , i'm gonna guess 5 times he came on in the 68th minute
  • say what we like about players, but I'm not keen on using their names to humiliate them
  • i think you'll find its less than 5 times that ooohaa...
  • sorry Salad coco i think morts meant.
  • I must be in the minority but I think Mcleod will be a decent player he is just shitting a brick when he gets near goal and it's hardly suprising when he is given this much grief having only been with us for 5 minutes.
  • I agree with that.

What won't help is people slagging him off when he hasn't even been given a decent chance to show what he can do yet.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I must be in the minority but I think Mcleod will be a decent player he is just shitting a brick when he gets near goal and it's hardly suprising when he is given this much grief having only been with us for 5 minutes.

exactly.....and some people want Dickson back (he must be bloody praying he's not recalled at the moment !!!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I agree with that.

What won't help is people slagging him off when he hasn't even been given a decent chance to show what he can do yet.

bring back mccarthy then to show us he is the "born leader" centre half we are desperately missing.