Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL LIFERS***

It's hard to believe this is now the eighth Christmas message we’ve put out. Our first one bemoaned Charlton’s misfortunes and not having much to cheer about, and it is fair to say very little has changed since!

For various reasons, the last year has been a particularly difficult one for the pair of us, and with that in mind we are even more grateful than normal to the handful of people that do that ‘little bit extra’ to keep this operation ticking over. The fact a lot gets taken for granted is testament to the consistent commitment that those people put to things like moderating, previews, match related threads, stats, auctions, quizzes, sponsorships etc. Things that are just ‘there’ when you expect them to be.

We’ve introduced some changes of late with the Reactions and Best Of options as we try to find subtle ways to improve content and recognise appreciated users. We’ve a few more changes hopefully in the new year. We’ve introduced adverts of late to try and claw back the ever growing costs associated with the site. We’ve not wanted to impact on people at Christmas time, but in the New Year we will be adding a donations link to help us try and make CL become self-sufficient. We will turn to this again in the New Year.

As we say every year, CL is every members platform. The opportunity is there for you to utilise it as much as you want, so if you wish to get involved in any way, or have any ideas, please send us an inbox, or email to admin@charltonlife.com. The three articles this week on the Upbeats, Italian football, and managerial change analysis are an example to the potential variety on offer.

So to everyone who posts or reads this site, wherever you are in the world, thank you for using CL and we wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

AFKA & Lookout

Comments

• Merry christmas & happy new year everyone, be lucky..
  • seems far too early to say it but happy Christmas one and all
  • Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone... Hope everyone on here has a great 2014
  • Here here! Looking forward to more tweaks to the site next year. Your work is much appreciated by myself as well as thousands of others AFKA and Lookout, I can assure you of that. In the meantime enjoy mince pies, turkey and fights over remote controls. Merry Christmas Lifers!!

Have a great Christmas everyone.
  • Wishing all of my fellow Addicks a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year....Cheers
  • Merry xmas everybody :)
  • Thanks to AFKA, Lookout and everybody else who contributes to this great site. Hope everybody has a good 2014.
    Love, peace and Charlton.
  • A Happy and Peaceful Christmas to one and all.
  • Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year to all of you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Danny, Adam - great job as always. Merry Christmas to you and your families.
  • Happy Christmas to all Charlton Lifers, and many thanks to AFKA and lookout
  • Thanks as ever, AFKA and Lookie and the rest of the backroom staff.
    Merry Christmas to Addicks everywhere - let's hope it's not pointless!
  • I wish you all a very happy Christmas, a takeover by a very rich Charlton fanatic in the new year, lots of bright shiny points to keep us safe, a striker who can strike and a smile on the gaffer's face.

And thanks for all the great life on Charlton Life!
  • Merry Christmas everybody!
  • Merry Christmas to all CL members and their families! Thanks for continuining to fuel my Charlton addiction, I haven't come across a better club fansite in terms of in depth content and discussion. :-)
  • Bah Humbug one and all
  • edited December 2013
    Merry Christmas to all on here, you're all great in your own ways and together make this discussion board very special, the best of its kind. Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2014, thank you for all your hard work @lookout and @AFKABartram it doesn't go unnoticed. :-)) x
  • Afka and lookie you are my man/men crush. I wish I had the dedication that you guys have and sometimes it must be a thankless task.

I don't do previews, I don't make it to many games, I don't submit articles, I don't have to worry about modding peoples comments but by god do I appreciate all those that do.

• Are there awards for best football forum etc and if so how do we get this site nominated?
  • Sponsored links:

• Merry Christmas to you all. This is a special community.
  • Cracking job lads , have a lovely Christmas everyone.
  • Happy christmas everyone and a happy new year :-)
  • Merry Christmas to all on here, you're all great in your own ways and together make this discussion board very special, the best of its kind. Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2014, thank you for all your hard work @lookout and @AFKABartram it doesn't go unnoticed. :-)) x

Speaking of hard work Sadie I would like to say a big thank you to you and Derek (Alex Wright) for organising the Charlton Life poker tournaments.
  • Merry Christmas and a happy New year to you all.
  • Merry Christmas everyone and a happy and healthy New Year
  • As far as I'm concerned, I feel I take a lot more out of this site than I put in. I look forward to being able to contribute towards the running of it in the new year as token of the appreciation I have of it.

A big thank you and Merry Christmas to all the members of the best forum in the land.
  • Live, love, laugh and be happy everyone!
  • Merry Christmas to all Charlton fans everywhere (regardless of fórum):

Will the takeover thread still be alive this time next year?