Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Getting a bit lively - Jimmy Stone (CAFC Media) vs Mick Collins

@JimmyStone_: Part of a text Yann sent me today: 'I hope the fans are rewarded for their support - they've been amazing to me. I will never forget' #cafc

@MickPCollins: @JimmyStone_ @CAFCofficial Make up your minds - are you still painting him as a greedy bastard or is he now a tragic victim of consequence?

@JimmyStone_: @MickPCollins Just scrolled down your timeline to see if I could find the last positive thing you said about anything. I've since given up.

@MickPCollins: @JimmyStone_ That's probably because I've been talking about the way Charlton handles its PR quite often...

Sorry if this has been mentions within one thread

Comments

• Bit sad. Both fans.

Walk away chaps, walk away
  • Mick being playing the cynic for a while. Good mates with Powell, so probably projecting for him
  • Jim Davidson
  • edited January 2014
    Rothko said:

Mick being playing the cynic for a while. Good mates with Powell, so probably projecting for him

Considering Jimmy will see Powell every day he probably feels just the same. The comms team deserve a lot of credit for their work during the last year, look how many people have gone since Ian and him were hired. And they're both still there - in obviously very trying circumstances considering the stream of resignations.
  • tinkle of broken glass echos out of the speakers with girl screaming 'leave it Mick, 'e aint worf it!'
  • Rothko said:

Mick being playing the cynic for a while. Good mates with Powell, so probably projecting for him

Powell needs to be careful, what with the Dixon comments earlier, he could be seen to be briefing against his bosses, very dangerous. Cut it out Chris and get on with your job.
  • It is quite apparent the squad is being prepared for a promotion push next year.From league one back to the championship.
  • Stone tee-ed it up and Collins buried it. 1-0.
  • SD that's exactly the way I read it and the people coming out and sticking things out there are endangering him imo
  • Mick Collins is typically miserable on Twitter. Part of the ever tedious anti TJ and MS gang.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2014

Rothko said:

Powell needs to be careful, what with the Dixon comments earlier, he could be seen to be briefing against his bosses, very dangerous. Cut it out Chris and get on with your job.
    Get on with his job? That's a joke. I'm sure he'd love to be the manager and be in charge of shaping his own team. I really hope Powell gets a job at a club with owners who will actually appreciate him when he eventually, and almost inevitably, goes.
  • Who is mick collins?
  • Collins is an intelligent and articulate man but likes to play the doom manger a bit too often. Reminds me of Jack Dee in his tweets. At times can come across as slightly above it all
  • cafctom said:

Mick Collins is typically miserable on Twitter. Part of the ever tedious anti TJ and MS gang.

Ever tedious, but basically right.
  • Rob, do you work for the club or have links to Chris?
  • SD that's exactly the way I read it and the people coming out and sticking things out there are endangering him imo

If he was my employee I would not stand for it. I think he needs to be very careful with RD, I think the last owners were already so unpopular and could not afford to sack CP, RD would not care about popularity and could afford it.

• He deserves better from many people Rob but I fear that things are being leaked out that could come back to him and leave him vulnerable
  • Brian McDermot shat on by his bosses .Gone.Chris Powell Shat on by his bosses.Still there.Only difference is the Board think SCP can rally support behind this farce but it will be a bridge too far even for the great man.
  • Charlton, bloody Charlton eh,
  • The off the record briefing after the press conference yesterday was worrying for me, as has the controlled leak of the falling out over keeper selection at Donny.

And it'll effect Powell long term if he's seen as someone who will brief against the boss
  • Sponsored links:

• I know exactly how you feel charltonparklane
  • Rothko said:

The off the record briefing after the press conference yesterday was worrying for me, as has the controlled leak of the falling out over keeper selection at Donny.

And it'll effect Powell long term if he's seen as someone who will brief against the boss

Can you expand a little on this please, Rothko. Not really aware do what happened in the two instances you mention.
  • Rothko said:

The off the record briefing after the press conference yesterday was worrying for me, as has the controlled leak of the falling out over keeper selection at Donny.

Any owner will expect loyalty from his staff.
    Publically at the very least.

But if CP confides privately (or has it come from the dressing room generally?),
    then someone else is breaking confidence to put it all over social media.

Best keep it zipped, Chris.
    Too many loose tongues.

• Dark forces is what andy gray and richard keyes call this sort of stuff
  • edited January 2014
    Is it Mick Collins of the daily mail?
  • Rothko said:

Can you expand a little on this please, Rothko. Not really aware do what happened in the two instances you mention.
    The story in the Mail yesterday, and the rumours that have been doing the rounds today over a falling out over Alnwick/Thuram at Donny
  • Dark forces is what andy gray and richard keyes call this sort of stuff

Well they'd know.