Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting a bit lively - Jimmy Stone (CAFC Media) vs Mick Collins

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:

The off the record briefing after the press conference yesterday

This is new disturbing information as far as I am concerned having watched the official interview and feeling encouraged.
    Is this what AFKA is going on about regarding the voracity of statements from people?

I have my doubts about any spin that sets up Chris in a negative light in this situation, he is responding to whirlwind events in as measured and intelligent a way as anybody could expect.
    Nobody has said that Roland or Katrien lack humanity despite being the much maligned 'business' people. If Roland and Katrien can't see that people can be unsettled by change, simply because they are people, then they are not the folk they appear to be.
    A working relationship has to be formed, and most things are best out in the open, not off any record. Everybody needs to tread carefully and new relationships need time to grow. Those surrounding the main players in this period of time ought to think carefully about the whispers and the grenades too.
    In my opinion there is a lot of clear blue water between Chris dealing with this regime compared to the last one. In my opinion this regime is easier to understand and trust.
    I hope Roland and Katrien can see the whole rounded picture here, I hope they can feel trust of, and faith in Chris Powell. I hope Chris Powell can see that the opportunities outweigh the negatives, and we can all get on with trying to win a couple of matches (and the FA Cup of course).

• Options
    Rothko said:

The off the record briefing after the press conference yesterday was worrying for me, as has the controlled leak of the falling out over keeper selection at Donny.

And it'll effect Powell long term if he's seen as someone who will brief against the boss

Yup, and well done any prominent members on here who peddle this stuff to the masses.
  • Options
    So who said there was a off the record briefing.
  • Options
    How does a story appear like this straight after the press day without a nudge and a wink?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2548630/Chris-Powells-job-line-Charlton-fallout-new-owner.html
  • Options

So who said there was a off the record briefing.

Rothko apparently.

I've never been aware of anything leaking out from Powell. Ever. If he was like that then I'm sure we would have heard plenty during the TJ Slater stuff over the last couple of years.

• Options
    So Sami Mokbel was at the press conference then?
  • Options
    How do we know Chris Powell is the one doing the talking?

A lot of players are in negotiations and a lot of chat about what may or may not be planned will be banded about.

It's a dream situation for a journalist looking to fill a few column inches.

That said Mick Collins is usually bang on when he publishes. The Martin Christensen exposure being a good example.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

How does a story appear like this straight after the press day without a nudge and a wink?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2548630/Chris-Powells-job-line-Charlton-fallout-new-owner.html

The author of that article was a regular poster on the Palace BBS forum. I or you could have put that article together with just 15 mins prep time on here or on Twitter if we wanted to.

• Options
    What was your feelings on the SD tweet ssmudge
  • Options

Rothko said:

The author of that article was a regular poster on the Palace BBS forum. I or you could have put that article together with just 15 mins prep time on here or on Twitter if we wanted to.

I'd just stick with the Jim Davidson stuff, if I were you AFKA

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014

What was your feelings on the SD tweet ssmudge

That it was almost definately inaccurate, probably based on second or third hand info, but carried no intentional malice or game playing whatsoever.

Just a fan very concerned about how the club, manager / owner situation seems to be evolving. Certainly no dark forces stuff, and almost certainly not leaked from Powell.

Just my opinion though

• Options
    edited January 2014
    KY ? Freudian slip there mate
  • Options
    Kelly Youga's spreading all the gossip then!

:-)
  • Options
    I wouldve hoped SD wouldve been more aware of the potential consequences of such a post though

But I agree with the no malice I think someone may have put something to him with the knowledge he would react though
  • Options

It's that time of night :-)

• Options

Helps most people slip.

• Options
    Rothko said:

Well, as someone succinctly replied when I emailed the Mail article to them yesterday:

"'Exclusive' my arse. All they've done is sit on Twitter and seen what fans are saying. None of that is 'inside knowledge'. Wish I had a job like that. Could easily sit on Twitter all day and then write 'exclusive' articles about what people are talking about".

• Options
    Has anybody ever put a coin in one of those charity things at Homebase, and watched it go round and round in ever decreasing circles until it disappears down the hole?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Has anybody ever put a coin in one of those charity things at Homebase, and watched it go round and round in ever decreasing circles until it disappears down the hole?

Yes but not at Homebase.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I think you are completely and utterly misreading this situation.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In what way Rick?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I wouldve hoped SD wouldve been more aware of the potential consequences of such a post though

But I agree with the no malice I think someone may have put something to him with the knowledge he would react though

Do you really think Steve is that much of a muppet he's going to do that on someone else's instructions/instigation?
  • Options
    Nice one Jimmy move on nothing to see here, send my regards to your dad, I havent seen him since Carlisle Clive
  • Options
    Jimmy said:

Slightly amazed this warrants a thread but just to clarify this. Dealt with Mick a few times, we get on fine. I think if you had kept reading the twitter thread you'd have seen it was completely friendly on both sides.

@MickPCollins: @JimmyStone_ That's probably because I've been talking about the way Charlton handles its PR quite often...

@JimmyStone_: @MickPCollins Touché! See you at Sparrows Lane soon Mick.

@MickPCollins: @jimmystone_ Every chance. I'll bring biscuits. Hang in there!

Thats it, spoil the thread why dont you.

winky mcsmileface
  • Options
    Jimmy said:

Slightly amazed this warrants a thread but just to clarify this. Dealt with Mick a few times, we get on fine. I think if you had kept reading the twitter thread you'd have seen it was completely friendly on both sides.

@MickPCollins: @JimmyStone_ That's probably because I've been talking about the way Charlton handles its PR quite often...

People will make sure to edit things to make it more of a story.
  • Options
    Depends on the agenda to be honest.
  • Options
    Jimmy said:

Jeez. Get a room.
  • Options
    Jimmy should we bother waiting for any more news on signings?