Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of duty

Anyone else watching this? Totally missed the first series - dismissed it as probably another load of procedural cop shite, but watched it last week by accident and it's actually pretty good. Totally far fetched, obviously, but well acted and directed and has a nice undercurrent of menace running through it.

And Wtf is it about Keeley Hawes that makes her attractive? She's not particularly pretty, isn't wearing any make up in this show at all and is dressed like a tramp through most of it, yet still has something undeniably sexy about her.

Comments

• And Wtf is it about Keeley Hawes that makes her attractive? She's not particularly pretty, isn't wearing any make up in this show at all and is dressed like a tramp through most of it, yet still has something undeniably sexy about her.

I think it shows that you are obviously not getting any........ ;-)
  • Anyone else watching this? Totally missed the first series - dismissed it as probably another load of procedural cop shite, but watched it last week by accident and it's actually pretty good. Totally far fetched, obviously, but well acted and directed and has a nice undercurrent of menace running through it.

And Wtf is it about Keeley Hawes that makes her attractive? She's not particularly pretty, isn't wearing any make up in this show at all and is dressed like a tramp through most of it, yet still has something undeniably sexy about her.

A Pulse.
  • First series was great. Just had to suspend some belief and go with flow. Enjoyed both episodes of this series. Ending to first one was proper 'kin ell ' moment. Wonder who the witness protection person is gonna be? My guess the girl on the missing person list.
  • edited February 2014
    Yes, enjoying the second series. Loved the end of the interview when she trounced her three interrogators. Any views on the other new series, Suspects featuring Fay Ripley?
  • Really enjoying it. As well as an exciting plot the cast is strong (don't see enough of Adrian Dunbar on TV these days) and I know exactly what you mean about Keeley Hawes.
  • I think it is her eyes that do it for me, plus that big welcoming mouth.
  • This series is stronger than last series - and last series was great!

Full of suspense. I don't like Keeley Hawes, but her performance has me gripped. no idea who is dodgy or not, but that scene when they were interrogating her and you thought 'she's guilty - she's been done' and then she spun it around I wanted to high five her for some reason. even though I think she's dodge.

• I'm a bit disappointed in this 2nd series thus far, but not sure why.

I'm not a KH fan either, suzi and her performance in this hasn't done much to change my opinion.

Just feel she comes across as totally boring - albeit a character with hidden depths. A bit one dimensional ?

And " sexy" ???? Why would I be an expert but have to say she doesn't float Mr F's boat !!

• First series was good.

This series is something else. Last week's episode was brilliant & although last night's episode started a little bit slower, by god it picked up in the 2nd half. Excellent so far.

NB Suspects with Fay Ripley was also good & worth a watch if you like cop programmes.
  • edited February 2014

Just feel she comes across as totally boring - albeit a character with hidden depths. A bit one dimensional ?

That's strange, because, I think she's got loads of dimensions? One minute nutter, one minute professional, one minute the victim...

when we finished watching last night, me and 'mr sausage' both said 'we've got to wait a week for the next ep - gutted'

• Sponsored links:

• Just feel she comes across as totally boring - albeit a character with hidden depths. A bit one dimensional ?

That's strange, because, I think she's got loads of dimensions? One minute nutter, one minute professional, one minute the victim...

when we finished watching last night, me and 'mr sausage' both said 'we've got to wait a week for the next ep - gutted'

Fair comment, suzi.

Probably just me , but then I do watch with one eye on the TV and the other on CL ....

• Episode 3 was excellent. Great series.
  • Watched episode one last night, really enjoyed it. One of.those you want to go straight into the 2nd episode
  • yeah great show this, top notch acting
  • Watched episode one last night, really enjoyed it. One of.those you want to go straight into the 2nd episode

Well there's nothing stopping you, episodes 2 and 3 available on BBC i-player.

Why would you look at the dreary Keely Hawes when this programme has Vickie McClure? She is stunningly beautiful and I have been in love with her since This is England.

I didn't watch series one but after being recommended last week by friends, me and the Mrs have caught up and are hooked.
  • Thoroughly enjoying this season. Even better than first series imo.
  • For those who didn't see the first series. The new copper 'Dot' Cottan was one of the team being investigated and was a dirty cop but got away with it. He was in the pay of the guy who was revealed as the witness protection guy assassinated . Hope makes sense.
  • It is a series where amazingly the complexity is easy to follow, and the complexity is also what it is all about. Second series better than the first, and that was pretty good.
  • So, is she guilty or not????
  • I think it's really good; even better than the first series. KH is odd as appears a bit wooden/1 dimensional until you realise it's the character she is playing and as Suzi says, one minute nutter, one minute professional, one minute the victim...don't underestimate her!
  • Sponsored links:

• Up to date now, great drama. Excellent suspense and some terrific.acting.

Never realised that woman was Lol until I googled
  • Can only echo what has been said above. One of the best things on British tv for me. Myself and Mrs Murph are glued. We loved the first series but this is proving even better.

• Never realised that woman was Lol until I googled

The eyes AFKA, it's the eyes.
  • She is mint. Keeley shades it though
  • I liked the one that got pushed out of the window , she was lovely.
  • buckshee said:

She's also in this Plan B video as his girlfriend looking very glam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQjh9H-ymK4&list=PLA9277FD1F179A601&feature=c4-overview-vl

Is the ugly fat bloke singing too? Surely not? Is there are version of that song without the ridiculous and unnecessary rapping?
  • No grandad.
  • edited March 2014
    What a shame. I always thought it was an Amy Winehouse song!
  • buckshee said:

I liked the one that got pushed out of the window , she was lovely.

She is in call the midwife.