Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alan McCormack

In the championship with Brentford.

Hope he didn't take his wife up to OXO tower in celebration.

Comments

• edited April 2014
  • He's been superb for Bees this season....mainly at right-back. Totally different player to the one we saw at Charlton and has looked a real winner.
  • Simon Francis doing well in a promotion chasing Bournemouth team, maybe Parky's signings that summer weren't so bad after all!
  • what is it with these chuff players who have come good after they left us? is it because these two are being played in their best positions, or that the smaller club environment suited them better perhaps? or maybe we needed to give them more than one season to prove their worth!!!!
    either way I don't think they have been missed!
  • Not entirely sure McCormack got a fair crack at the whip in the team with us but Francis had more than enough time to prove himself and didn't. I don't think we were too harsh on him. He was very poor for us. In a poor team granted.
  • Like Francis, McCormack was unjustifiably abused, ridiculed and hated by far too many 'fans' on here ..
  • edited April 2014
  • edited April 2014
    I think Francis and McCormack came to epitomise our League One position in fans' minds. They started badly and were seen as the worst players in living memory. Francis in particular had some genuine shockers - Preston anyone? - and they were never going to be given the chance to find their feet. I think also that we're a big club in comparison to where they had been playing - and indeed played since - and perhaps they were victims of expectation too.

Glad they're going well - glad they're not with us too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mc Oxo was by far the worst midfield player I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt. Spent most of the game face down in the mud of the centre-circle squealing to the ref like a stuck piglet.

Never had a problem with Francis
  • Players play differently for teams depending on the environment and their circumstances. Morrison and Yann are seen as jokes by Wednesday and Leicester. Barnsley didn't rate Alnwick either. Francis and McCormack couldn't cope with the demands of the step up to our level for whatever reason and they seem more settled in their environment now. Good luck to them
  • I can't wait until next season when Simon Church is banging them in for fun at Fleetwood and people start saying we didn't give him a chance. Yawn.
  • It was obvious to me that there we had a good player in Simon Francis, but he was crucified by the crowd & his confidence was destroyed. I'm glad he is flourishing at Bournemouth now.
  • A lot of people vilified Wilson when he started,now could be player of the year.
  • Two promotions (1 title) and a play-off finish in the 3 seasons since leaving Charlton. Fair play to him.

Paul Benson also now the owner of a title medal.
  • Decent League One players and if they play regularly in a higher division then I'd expect them to be looking forward to League One again in a years time
  • Southbank said:

A lot of people vilified Wilson when he started,now could be player of the year.

And never was that bad in the first place.
  • Gave away a penalty last week.
  • still a shocking defender, not cut out for this level and wont be long until Brentford realise that
  • Sponsored links:

• He was playing at right back, and was pretty awful against Cousins who isn't even a left winger!
  • I thought he was spraying the ball about like pirlo from the right back possy and i'm semi serious i couldn't believe what i was watching , he also got the assist for their goal
  • I thought he was spraying the ball about like pirlo from the right back possy and i'm semi serious i couldn't believe what i was watching , he also got the assist for their goal

Agree. Francis impressed me for Bournemouth against us last year, and David Mooney has obviously done a lot better at Orient than he did for us. Amazing the difference it makes when you've got your own supporters constantly booing you and telling you how shit you are.
  • After reading that I wished I had given him more stick then I did on Saturday, what a complete and utter tool
  • After reading that I wished I had given him more stick then I did on Saturday, what a complete and utter tool
    What has he said in that article that makes him a tool? Dont get me wrong, I dont exactly rank him up there with Kinsella, but getting personal abuse on twitter isn't on. I think some people got far too wound up by one bloody meal at the Oxo tower.

He has admitted he didnt play all that well in the article, and then said he didnt appreciate the hostility he got from fans on the internet.

Fair enough really.
    I agree the abuse he got on twitter for celebrating his wedding anniversary was above and beyond, although he sadly should have known better than to go on to twitter and comment about the meal after a defeat.

Why? He was shit but do you expect him to have any fondness for us when we haven't got any for him?