Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Very heavy rain

Now being forecast on BBC for this afternoon, hope the pitch holds up.

Comments

• Not on BBC Weather
  • edited April 2014
  • No rain forecast until possibly 7pm & then it's only very light.
  • Not sure what bbc you're looking at, but mine says no rain.
  • only 40% chance this afternoon but that'll be clear by about 7pm. Should be a very pleasant evening (weather wise anyway).
  • Hope so - it's been lashing it down in Berkshire. Presumably any postponement / abandonment would result in a game Thursday night?
  • edited April 2014

We'll be 3-1 up when torrential rain comes down and floods the pitch. The Watford fans chant "off, off, off" as Jackson and the players desperately try to fork the pitch, but the referee calls the game off and we're forced to play it on Thursday, where we lose...

Ultimately getting relegated as a consequence of a called off game where we were winning 3-1 ;)

The more I think about it, the more I will really feel sorry for Donny if they go down. Donny would be on 47, safe, we would be on 42, and in a fair bit of trouble.

Anyone who claims that we would have beaten 10 man Doncaster had the game continued, is clearly not a proper Charlton fan. ;-)
  • Charlton in Somerset has heavy rain forecast this afternoon
  • Charlton in Somerset has heavy rain forecast this afternoon

Oh you've given me flashbacks of the Yeovil away game.

• Sponsored links:

• We'll be 3-1 up when torrential rain comes down and floods the pitch. The Watford fans chant "off, off, off" as Jackson and the players desperately try to fork the pitch, but the referee calls the game off and we're forced to play it on Thursday, where we lose...

There be 15,000 home fans on the pitch trying to keep the game on :-))))

• Hartleypete = Michael Fish
  • won't happen of course, but what would be the consequence if for whatever reason, tonight's game was abandoned ?

Would it be re-arranged for next week, or would the league wait to see if it would have an impact on the relegation situation or not ?
  • won't happen of course, but what would be the consequence if for whatever reason, tonight's game was abandoned ?

Would it be re-arranged for next week, or would the league wait to see if it would have an impact on the relegation situation or not ?

I would love to find out!

I would love to find out!
    Police decision - not up to the league, as they would be overruled if necessary. But not going to happen.
  • Thunderstorm here in Horsham and belting down right now - lots of standing water. Perhaps Hartleypete is onto something..
  • Bright and sunny here in central London.
  • Seriously chucking it down now from being bright and sunny earlier. If this storm heads over to the Valley, the game will be in doubt.
  • Relax! radar
  • Sponsored links:

• West Kingsdown dry as a bone, meanwhile in Wrotham it was tipping it down earlier...very strange weather.
  • Huge storm clouds looking across the river from Greenwich Park

It would have to be played on Thursday wouldn't it?
  • I'm in Greenwich now and it's fine.
  • Sun shining on Shooters Hill
  • The end of the World, I tell thee the end of the World......
  • So have we agreed that the original poster didn't mean Charlton in Kent SE7 ?
  • The only weather problem could be sun in the eyes.
  • Nothing matters now COYAs
  • The thread title got me thinking - can you have a single drop of rain that is heavy?
    It seems so to an extent:
    The smallest mass of a raindrop produced during a drizzle is 0.004 mg and the largest produced during a heavy storm is 300 mg. But you'd still get 16 of the big ones in a teaspoon!