Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life 2013/14 End of Season Thank You's

So another season draws its curtains shut, and what a crazy season it has been. However, before we pack our speedos and head off to the European Twerking Championships, we are blessed here at CL by having some truly great people who form part of our unofficial team, and this is our opportunity to state publicly just how much we appreciate them. So in no particular order:

@Shirty5 @lancashire lad@thai malaysia addick@‌Redmidland @seth plum@PaddyP17‌ @StubleyAddick‌ @Curb_It‌ @Henry Irving@sadiejane1981‌ @Stig‌ @WSS‌ @suzisausage‌

Along with those kind enough to write Articles, the above to varying degrees do something that little bit extra under the CL banner which hopefully makes the site that little bit more structured and enjoyable for you to visit. You would not believe how diligently and with so little fuss they go about what they do, and those of you reading who still enjoy CL, we’ll its mainly down to these guys.

Glistening amongst the preverbial muck, we’ve had some good highlights over the last year. Our collective fundraising remains our bedrock. It never ceases to astound us how lucky we are that we’ve all been able to make such good use of this platform and membership that we have. The ‘Upbeats Day’ against Derby, and seeing ‘Charlton Life’ across their team shirts was by far the proudest moment we’ve had with CL. That was because our members had raised another £2,500 to provide the group with 40 kits and tracksuits. We have handed over cheques totalling in excess of £11,000 to the Upbeats over the last few years, and we are so privileged that your continual input allows us to be able to associate ourselves with such a fantastic group.

Alongside that, £2,100 was raised for the Greenwich & Bexley Hospice in memory of @CHolland, while £600 went to the RBL.

On the ‘club front’, we managed to take out another 5 shirt sponsorships and were privileged to have ‘backed’ both the Player of the Year and the Young Player of the Year. We also raised £220 for the Pierre Bolangi Memorial Garden, £360 for the Academy, and £1,300+ towards to new museum. We always aim to find a balance between supporting good causes and positively backing our club, and hopefully we achieved that this year. We are wholly reliant on your support to do this, so thank you all once again to those that contributed to sponsorships and bid / donated in auctions.

But without doubt the star of the show, as always, is the randomness and diversity of what everyone contributes. Whether its laughs like Paulie_Sassoon and his hair, seriousness like advice on reading a eulogy, or humbleness like @Rylo and his recent actions.

We say it every year; we know it is not perfect and never will be. There are going to be some people and posts that drive you mad, that at times it can frustrate the hell out of you. But on the whole have a good community with a great variety of people. Please remember it is just a forum, and should never be taken too seriously.

Have a great summer everyone.

AFKA & Lookie

(and apologies to anyone else we should have thanked, but have stupidly overlooked!)

Comments

• Great site you have here Afka with some great people on it! @Rylo I'm looking at you!

Thanks to those that go that little bit further!

But where's my thanks? For being ... Me? :-)
  • yeah but how can we sweat the asset more....

Seriously, good work to everyone involved with this site.
    I think even non Charlton fans who post or maybe just lurk can see that this is more than just a football forum.

What other football sites can boast such amazing personal threads touching on heart rending topics like Autism or Eating Disorders alongside a dodgy Wouldya thread, or have fans go out of their way to send stuff to China?

Well done everyone.

• love everything about this site and it's what stops me being far more productive at work every day...

keep up the good work and roll on the World Cup and next season
  • And thanks to you too Afka for providing the platform to enable all the good work to come to fruition. Enjoy the summer. Well done
  • We're already enjoying summer in our tin can which resides in the S of France. The sun has restored a semblance of good humour after an uneven season which had in truth worn us down. That just makes it even more to the credit of you guys at Charlon Towels that you have kept going in such an even tempered manner. Total respect to all of you and a million thank yous.

• I enjoy reading what my fellow Addicks have to say (even when I disagree with them or can't understand them!).

• even more to the credit of you guys at Charlon Towels that you have kept going in such an even tempered manner.

Ha, Basil Fawlty would be proud of that one !

• Fantastic site that is a must read at all times. Thank you to all who make it possible, enjoyable and informative. I have laughed, cried and been so happy amongst thoroughly decent people. proud to be Charlton...life!
  • Sponsored links:

• Impossible to describe what these pages bring daily to us all, and that's even before we talk about bloody football. This wonderful community is world-wide in its reach and now touches many lives in many different ways. And it's pwopa Charlton, with all that signifies. Let's hope that with our unwavering support those modest geniuses behind it continue to go from strength to strength.
  • JaShea99 said:

Cheers but apostrophes still don't pluralise.

And here's me with my end of season, we're staying up, happy face on purposely not pointing that out. I sometimes wonder if I'm going soft in my old age.
  • Just cause Peanuts system went awry, still worth a mention AFKA. Surely you aren't still on the beans diet?
    Still a legend in my book Mr Molloy.
  • JaShea99 said:

Cheers but apostrophes still don't pluralise.

And here's me with my end of season, we're staying up, happy face on purposely not pointing that out. I sometimes wonder if I'm going soft in my old age.
    I don't say it to criticise or to embarrass though. If you work as hard as these guys clearly do to maintain a popular and professional looking site, it's a shame to lose that credibility with a tiny misplaced piece of punctuation.
  • lol. Lightening wit as always.
  • I would just like to say thank you to everyone who contributes to the site. From big to small you're all cool. :-)

Being an overseas Addick this place has been a God send for me. Keep up the good work.
  • edited May 2014
    Rob said "Being an overseas Addick this place has been a God send for me. Keep up the good work. "

Second that. Being the other side of the world, The Valley still holds a great place in my heart and this is one of the forums that helps to keep it that way
  • Sponsored links:

• Very big thanks to all that keep this site going, that includes admin., match day updates and all the posters on here that make this site THE place to be. Have been stuck here in deepest Russia for the whole season, so this site has been a life saver!! Enjoy the summer everyone.
  • Great job by everyone involved, spend way too much time on here. Thanks for that!
  • Nice one guys ... ;)
  • Great site, especially on rainy days like today.
  • Rob said:

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who contributes to the site. From big to small you're all cool. :-)

Being an overseas Addick this place has been a God send for me. Keep up the good work.

This.
  • Another great season to be a Lifer !

Whatever has happened ( or not) on the pitch, this is a permanent haven for like minded fans to air their grievances/"high five" after those wins/encourage each other in the down times & hear contrasting views on a wide range of subjects.

Thanks as always to AFKA & Lookie for the necessary vehicle & for keeping us in check when required.

And thanks to all my fellow Lifers for just being there.

Hoping to meet as many of you as possible next Saturday ( 17th) at SL to meet the Upbeats, T.C.E & his lovely pooches and for a look at the results of our labour of love that is the Pierre Bolangi Memorial Garden ( as long as you don't expect a Chelsea Flower Show exhibit!) Oh, and a drink or two afterwards ...

For those unable to join us, have a great summer !
  • Was going to make a joke about hoping CL was still as good as it is next season after it's been absorbed into the Trust but not the time or place...

... so I'll just say thank you to everyone involved with keeping this amazing community going and thanks to every poster, even the ones with the wronghead opinions and Nigel-lovers.

The "life" in Charlton Life couldn't be more apt... this site really does become a big part of yours.

• Was going to make a joke about hoping CL was still as good as it is next season after it's been absorbed into the Trust but not the time or place...

Funny enough, there is a story behind that...

• Well done's