Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southampton

Got to feel sorry for the Saints fans. The fire sale of all fire sales.

Summer 2014
COMPLETED INS
Graziano Pelle Feyenoord Undisclosed
Dusan Tadic FC Twente £10.9m
COMPLETED OUTS
Mauricio Pochettino (manager) Tottenham (?)
Lee Barnard Southend United Free
Danny Fox Nottingham Forest Free
Adam Lallana Liverpool £25.0m
Rickie Lambert Liverpool £4.0m
Luke Shaw Manchester United £27.0m
Strongly rumoured OUTS
Calum Chambers Arsenal £16.0m
Dejan Lovren Liverpool £20.0m
Morgan Schneiderlin Tottenham £27.0m

Comments

• Calum Chambers is interesting, if he goes for 10m+ , it gives us an idea of how much Gomez will be worth if he plays well this season.

I think this will be the future CH partnership for England
  • 16m for Chambers to Arsenal.
  • Perhaps with all that money they could pay back the debts they defaulted on a few years ago ?
  • No sympathy in the circumstances....
  • Well, they wouldn't be where they are had they not gone into admin.

• I feel for the fans, they build a good side under a good manager and then it's goes to shit. They don't need the money, but it does look like the people in charge want to cash out now
  • They seem to be doing ok in the PSF's. 4 wins and no goals conceded. Unlike us ... :0(
  • Do they have a manager yet?
  • edited July 2014

I feel for the fans, they build a good side under a good manager and then it's goes to shit. They don't need the money, but it does look like the people in charge want to cash out now

Could be true. Could also be the same situation we had with Parker. Contracts mean nothing if players want their "dream" move. With all the money available for staying in the prem, cashing in would seem an extremely short term strategy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Amongst all the jokes flying around; apparently Betty the Tea Lady is the next one to go.
  • Do they have a manager yet?

Ronald Koeman is the one with the poisoned chalice.
  • Koeman must surely be allowed to spent some of that money? Can't believe he would have taken the job otherwise.
  • Maybe all the local businesses that got bent over when they went into administration can be paid back now then?
  • More chance of them helping Portsmouth out
  • shine166 said:

Well, they wouldn't be where they are had they not gone into admin.

• Blimey that is a lot of money to take in. Maybe Roland should take note that if he is going to make any money from the Academy that he is only going to really do that from the Premiership, where you can get full value.
  • Can't believe Lee Barnard was still there!
  • Can't feel too much sympathy for them, for two reasons the dodgy admin situation and the fact every Southampton fan i have met since living down south again on their doorstep, has had the Premiership arrogance & said something like "what league are Charlton in" when i mention who i support.

• The rewards of putting together a successful side for a smaller club is to be picked off by the Sky Six. Keeps the cartel going.
  • Sponsored links:

• The first post has to be the RD dream surely. £60M pa minimum TV money, say £25M of 'other' turnover plus £120M sales proceeds. £205M total turnover. Must be £100M + profit for one year in that. Happy days for an owner, especially if there are enough lads coming through to keep you up?
  • What is going on down there? Whats the reason for this?
    Huge mount of money coming in, and not a lot being spent.
  • edited July 2014
    No sympathy what so ever for club or fans. They took the admin option then mysteriously found loads of money for players. The two Southampton fans who posted on here had no shame and didn't have a problem with what they did. Hope it all goes tits up for them.
  • Fees in the Pl are ridiculous. I imagine teams in Germany Spain etc can't believe how much English clubs spend on average talent.

Toni Kroos cost less than Lallana
  • Wasnt it Southampton who thought that they could squeeze round the rules and went into Administration after they'd been relegated from the Championship thinking they'd receive the 10-point deduction for that season..? - At the end of the day was only the Football League being switched on that the deduction came into effect the following year
  • And now Rodriguez and Schneiderlin too...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28534458
  • I cant believe how many they've let go. Even if they spend all that money bringing in replacements, its a huge risk to see if they all gel.