Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peterborough United Away - Updates

Due to play them on Weds , not been before, has anyone on here been before , whats the parking like , is it easy , in surrounding streets , or is it in the middle of nowhere?

Was due to go to the 'infamous' 5-1 away win under Parky , but missed it due to flu, my sons have never forgiven me , or stopped reminding me about it , we're going to stuff them right?

Comments

• plenty of residential streets close by that you should be able to park. Think me and the missus might go to this one
  • Best to get there early for the parking, Used to be a council run car park near the ground which was next to a pub if I remember.
    Try finding a place on the Oundle road.
  • Thanks for the info poshie. Can't make it myself, but am sure others will appreciate it.
  • Wasn't the Cherry Tree a real ale pub we visited last time we played there?

I heard the lovely old "mini-Covered End" has been torn down, thus greatly reducing my inclination for a two hour drive. Great shame that.
  • Nice place, ideal for parking, Palmerston over the road is good too, also good for parking is just to the right after crossing the bridge over the Nene towards city centre.
  • will there be a Finchy commentary?
  • Yes Cherry tree is a real ale pub as is the Palmerston biggest selection of real ale though is Charters barge moored on the river right hand side as you head out of town towards the ground
    Fair meadows is the car park your talking of

The old away end has gone new stand being errected , away fans are now housed in the north stand side of pitch section closest to the old away end

Won't be many there tonight less than 2? for all our pre season games thus far so no problem getting parked or served in the pubs

Safe journey...
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame that old away tin shed has gone, one of the last old skool away ends that one.
  • Poshie , hows your boys doing in preseason , are they 'banging' them in for fun?

Whose your dangermen to look out for?
  • They beat Brighton 2-1 last week.
  • They beat Brighton 2-1 last week.

So that must mean Brighton are getting relegated this season. ;-)
  • edited July 2014

Poshie , hows your boys doing in preseason , are they 'banging' them in for fun?

Whose your dangermen to look out for?

Not lost pre season beat Brighton on Saturday losing 0-1 at HT drew with Wolves 2-2

Not played the same team for 90mins wholesale changes around HT but would expect us to maybe start giving what Fergie considers his starting team for the league a bit more time

Gone back to our fast paced style after last season bloody awful slow slow football

Two pacy widemen new sigings Taylor from Shrewsbury and McEvoy season lone from Spurs Bale look a like

Danger men Assombalonga, Washington and big suprise of the pre season Vassell who has scored in all our pre season games thus far he's come back fitter and stronger and is giving Fergie a good selection problem

We also signed Smith from Bristol Rovers their player of the year along with selection in L2 team of year not bad for a relegated side, fast right back who gets up and down

Zakuani returned not sure about that, we also signed Oztumer from Dulwich came highly rated with several L1 and Championship clubs looking at him he's only had a few mins pre season and got injured but could be back tonight unknown quantity to me so I will reserve judgement

New keeper who you probably know more about than me Alnwick who Fergie has already said is his number one
    Not sure what to expect this season as long as we go back to entertaining attacking football that will do for me last season was awful although we made the play offs that show how poor the league was losing 18 games and still getting a six finish says it all and we got dumped out the cup by Kidderminster at our own place

As all fans are I am optimistic (well maybe Southampton fans aint) for the season

• Thanks for the update Poshie, good luck for the season, go easy on us tonight!
  • edited July 2014
    Jack Munns and Oztumer match up in midfield. Munns will tower over him.

Edit...won't happen because Jack was at Lewes last night. Pity.
  • seth plum said:

Jack Munns and Oztumer match up in midfield. Munns will tower over him.

Edit...won't happen because Jack was at Lewes last night. Pity.

Won't happen because according to our local rag Oztumer is still out injured

• edited July 2014

Charlton Athletic FCVerified account
    @CAFCofficial
    JS, OG and @CAFCPlayer's Matchday Live team have just set off for London Road, where they will provide full coverage of tonight's game #cafc
  • Should find out if Andy Robinson is still with us on trial.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FCVerified account
    @CAFCofficial
    WE'VE ARRIVED! Full coverage of @CAFCofficial v @theposhdotcom to follow. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 7s
    Team news coming your way..... #cafc
  • edited July 2014
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 21s
    Charlton starting XI: Henderson; Wilson, Fox, Morrison, Ben Haim; Gudmundsson, Jackson, Buyens, Wiggins; Harriott, Vetokele. #cafc

Wiggins at left wing, Harriott up front?
  • WSSWSS
    edited July 2014
    Charlton starting XI: Henderson; Wilson, Fox, Morrison, Ben Haim; Gudmundsson, Jackson, Buyens, Wiggins; Harriott, Vetokele.

SUBS: Pope, Cousins, Church, Tucudean, Pigott, Bikey, Munns, Gomez, Nego.
  • edited July 2014
    Wiggins left mid?

3-5-2?

Interesting.
  • That is interesting, I've always thought Wiggins would make a good left sided midfielder
  • Posh Match Day Live @PoshMatchLive · 15m
    Posh: Alnwick, Luto, Brisley, Santos, Smith, Ajose, McCann, Ferdinand, McEvoy, Barnett, Vassell.

Subs: Day, Edwards, Marshall, H.Anderson, Conlon, Richens, Mendez-Laing, Duggan.
  • Still think there's something big missing from that squad. Weak bench too. Dissapointed cousins isn't starting too.
  • When fit Wiggins was the most skilful player we had. Can knock it past a player and skin him or use quick feet and a trick. Could be a very interesting winger
  • Alnwick in goal, hope he gets a good reception from any away Charlton fans.