Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peterborough United Away - Updates

14567810»

Comments

• seth plum said:

In some games last year we were absolutely dominated, and one way or another opponents were going to force a win, Burnley is one good example, Derby another. We got wins and points ourselves, but more often by the skin of our teeth (QPR, Leeds away are two examples) than by dominating and being forceful.
    I would like to think that somewhere in our locker we have the ability to wrest points from some games whatever the opposition try to do. Right now I am unconvinced that we can be any kind of irresistible force in any game next season, I hope to be proved wrong.

Another example, Seth, of our weak coaching is with Bradley Wright-Phillips. I can see him now: He was on the edge of the box with easy options, yet he swivelled and hammered low and hard through three defenders' legs and the keeper fumbled it round the post. None of our players expected this, nor yet the opponents; the keeper got up off his knees with a look at the world: Don't ever do that to me again.

The surprise - the shock. A man with Bradley Wright-Phillips' rare talent, who scored regularly for us in one division, doesn't suddenly lose all his marvellous skills because we are promoted. When he began missing the one-on-ones with the keeper, it was the responsibility of our coaching staff to bring him through it. BWP didn't fail us - Powell and Dyer failed him.

Pre-season friendly, away at Edgware Town, 1993. Lennie Lawrence was hunkered down in the dug-out. Colin Clarke was walking along the touchline saying to Scotty Minto, a winger, aged 17: "Stay wide. Don't go in. Here." The ball was thirty yards away. Clarke was tracking Minto up and down, from the halfway line to the corner-flag. "Here, here - along the line." Scotty received the ball, knocked it in to the box and wanted to chase after it. "Stay wide. Don't go in. Here." Clarke was teaching Scotty about position and space, all through the game.

We won, 3-1.

The might of Edgeware town???? Imagine what a player Freddie Ljundberg would have been if wenger hadn't coached him to go inside and score all them goals. In fairness you've done you're job and I've replied to you when you're clearly on the wind up so well done sir.
    It's spelt Edgware. You are ignorant and impertinent. Try to improve yourself.

• seth plum said:

In some games last year we were absolutely dominated, and one way or another opponents were going to force a win, Burnley is one good example, Derby another. We got wins and points ourselves, but more often by the skin of our teeth (QPR, Leeds away are two examples) than by dominating and being forceful.
    I would like to think that somewhere in our locker we have the ability to wrest points from some games whatever the opposition try to do. Right now I am unconvinced that we can be any kind of irresistible force in any game next season, I hope to be proved wrong.

Another example, Seth, of our weak coaching is with Bradley Wright-Phillips. I can see him now: He was on the edge of the box with easy options, yet he swivelled and hammered low and hard through three defenders' legs and the keeper fumbled it round the post. None of our players expected this, nor yet the opponents; the keeper got up off his knees with a look at the world: Don't ever do that to me again.

The surprise - the shock. A man with Bradley Wright-Phillips' rare talent, who scored regularly for us in one division, doesn't suddenly lose all his marvellous skills because we are promoted. When he began missing the one-on-ones with the keeper, it was the responsibility of our coaching staff to bring him through it. BWP didn't fail us - Powell and Dyer failed him.

Pre-season friendly, away at Edgware Town, 1993. Lennie Lawrence was hunkered down in the dug-out. Colin Clarke was walking along the touchline saying to Scotty Minto, a winger, aged 17: "Stay wide. Don't go in. Here." The ball was thirty yards away. Clarke was tracking Minto up and down, from the halfway line to the corner-flag. "Here, here - along the line." Scotty received the ball, knocked it in to the box and wanted to chase after it. "Stay wide. Don't go in. Here." Clarke was teaching Scotty about position and space, all through the game.

We won, 3-1.

The might of Edgeware town???? Imagine what a player Freddie Ljundberg would have been if wenger hadn't coached him to go inside and score all them goals. In fairness you've done you're job and I've replied to you when you're clearly on the wind up so well done sir.
    It's spelt Edgware. You are ignorant and impertinent. Try to improve yourself.

As opposed to wasting time writing essay's on a forum just to wind people up??? So do you feel Ljundberg was coached bad?? What was Jackson suddenly becoming a goal scoring midfielder when he joined us down to? It couldn't possibly be good coaching could it?
  • Been down to Sparrows Lane yet???
  • Nug said:

Hang on then, what's the likelihood that CAFC marketing and Peterborough's marketing dept. picked the same design shirts, shorts and hooped sock combo? Not likely meaning they were offered a full kit template to pick, in all likelehood they couldn't have said 'No we want white shorts and plain red socks with that shirt'. Don't know why but for some reason this has p'd me right off.

By the way I realise ours is red theirs is blue, but you get my drift.

I printed the picture out on my black and white printer and I'm now confused which team is which.
    Ours is the one with the non imaginative sponser logo
  • edited August 2014

May I give you an example? There is nothing wrong with our defence. Under siege, Morro nods the ball out of the box, and it lands fifteen yards out, a superb clearance. But where are our midfielders to receive it? They are late, or slow - or simply absent.

We lost all those games last season and the season before - and at non-league Welling two weeks ago - because of this vacancy. There is nothing wrong with our strikers: we have five, six, and seven of them, even including Joe Pigott and exluding Reza - take your pick.

I don't mind. When we played Barnsley at the end of last season, did you think their players were individually more skilful than ours? Or more naturally talented, perhaps? We lost at The Valley to Barnsley because they were a better team: better coached, better drilled - and still they went down.

Jordan Cousins didn't save us - and neither did Diego Poyet. We lost. Every single club in the Championship has as an academy bubbling and fizzing with superb young players. We lost those games because of our vapid midfield and weak coaching.

Duchatelet has imposed a rookie manager because he's cheap, can be pushed around, and sacked when it all goes tits-up in November. I wonder how this is going to work for us, the fans. Bob Peeters wears a baseball cap, can't believe his luck, and is already failing in the pre-season friendlies. Our captain, Johnnie Jackson, is seven years younger - yet he has more knowledge, intelligence and experience in his little fingernail.

I have been known to talk some bollox in my time but you really do talk some utter bollox m8 give it a rest.
  • edited August 2014
    VF, great point, without Colin Clarke's instructions to Scott Minto that day, we might have lost to Edgware. "Stay wide, don't go in, stay wide, don't go in, here." That's some pretty inspirational stuff and I just hope the likes of Damian Matthew and Jason Euell do come on Charlton Life so they can pass on some of these great ideas on to our next lot of wingers.
  • Imagine the player Robben could've been if he stayed wide all the time in stead of cutting in and scoring all those important goals ...
  • Where's Golfie?? I prefer his rants than Viewfinder's much heavier belligerent style!
  • Viewfinder is Riviera.
  • Wiggins & Fox partnership is getting ready to contend with a strong Brentford right hand side.

Wiggins & Fox partnership is getting ready to contend with a strong Brentford right hand side.

Informed insight ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• May I give you an example? There is nothing wrong with our defence. Under siege, Morro nods the ball out of the box, and it lands fifteen yards out, a superb clearance. But where are our midfielders to receive it? They are late, or slow - or simply absent.

We lost all those games last season and the season before - and at non-league Welling two weeks ago - because of this vacancy. There is nothing wrong with our strikers: we have five, six, and seven of them, even including Joe Pigott and exluding Reza - take your pick.

I don't mind. When we played Barnsley at the end of last season, did you think their players were individually more skilful than ours? Or more naturally talented, perhaps? We lost at The Valley to Barnsley because they were a better team: better coached, better drilled - and still they went down.

Jordan Cousins didn't save us - and neither did Diego Poyet. We lost. Every single club in the Championship has as an academy bubbling and fizzing with superb young players. We lost those games because of our vapid midfield and weak coaching.

Duchatelet has imposed a rookie manager because he's cheap, can be pushed around, and sacked when it all goes tits-up in November. I wonder how this is going to work for us, the fans. Bob Peeters wears a baseball cap, can't believe his luck, and is already failing in the pre-season friendlies. Our captain, Johnnie Jackson, is seven years younger - yet he has more knowledge, intelligence and experience in his little fingernail.

I have been known to talk some bollox in my time but you really do talk some utter bollox m8 give it a rest.
    i think you have to look at the timing of old viewfinders posts before you do anything ...i would defend his right to have an opinion and i ll defend his right to go on the sauce when it suits him but when one might be influenced by the other its plain to see