Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bad relationships

13»

Comments

• edited August 2014
    He loves the bad boys though
  • edited August 2014

pardon my relative ignorance chester, but seriously, what does the full stop mean, internets banter wise? seen it from a few, asked before, but no answers forthcoming...
  • aliwibble said:

Huskaris said:

I row with my girlfriend a fair bit, but only over the really big stuff like forgetting to empty the tumble drier or not changing the bed sheets often enough for my liking.

Well you could always change the sheets yourself if you're not happy.

woosh.
  • I can't honestly remember when me and my good lady last had a row. We're both too easy going to be bothered with arguing and truthfully we never encounter anything that gets us that mad. Put it down to the fact that we have known each other for nearly thirty years and were best friends for years before we got together romantically so she knows me inside out and vice versa. Not to say we don't have times where we can't stand the sight of each other but they never last and we end up laughing.

Had relationships that were horrible so now I appreciate what I have and am more content and happier for it.

pardon my relative ignorance chester, but seriously, what does the full stop mean, internets banter wise? seen it from a few, asked before, but no answers forthcoming...
    It means the poster has deleted what they had written, but you can't leave it blank, so they put a .

It means the poster has deleted what they had written, but you can't leave it blank, so they put a .
    oh, ok, thx covered.
  • I find when women kick off about something they are jusy looking for a reaction / argument. Best thing to do is tell then to shut up and give them the silent treatment til they apologise.
  • I find when women kick off about something they are jusy looking for a reaction / argument. Best thing to do is tell then to shut up and give them the silent treatment til they apologise.

The Relationship Whisperer
  • edited August 2014
    Alternatively you could go to www.girlfriendinacoma.com to find your perfect date.
  • Sponsored links:

ahhhh, there we are then, contemplative life in the fens revealed....;>)
  • It's very true that a relationship made of 2 strong willed people has its explosive moments

A submissive character with a dominant one would be less fun

2 wimps even worse

The answer is compromise - or pretending (biting your lip)
  • LenGlover said:

The secret of marriage is give and take.

You give and she takes.

Seriously, speaking from 30 plus years experience of married life, you need to be united on your attitude to the important things and let the little things take care of themselves.

There are two things we both agreed on from the off. Firstly, having both seen the ripples in a pond effect on the family of our parents being divorced, we were adamant that we were not going to put our own children through that trauma. Secondly we both agreed that, having had children, the needs of the children were more important than our own wishes and desires if there was conflict.

We have had our ups and downs and still do but those foundation stones have stood us in good stead.

LOL'd this by mistake. Sorry Len.

Absolutely about the kids. They take up your whole life and you have to be aware of that when you have them. I can now see why so many relationships end due to the stress of having children.
  • ...it's the same with our dog.
  • colthe3rd said:

One thing I have to ask you oldies maturer folk. How important is it to have a lot of similar interests with your partner?

Mine doesn't like football, old cars, my music, military documentaries, gardening. I'm not a fan of dance shows, her music, shopping or buying cushions but we get on like a house on fire.
    That's because you only see each other for meals and a bit hows yer father... ;-)
    Well you got the meals part right!
  • I think it's great that plaayer and GHE have chosen here to come out

We have all whispered about it for a while wondering g when they would show the courage and conviction behind their choice of ditching female companionship and realising that it was eachother they needed

Rich, Matt

I am so proud of you two tonight fly the rainbow flag from the flat window you don't need to hide no more

Well done

D
  • Courtesy of the late great Les Dawson.

I said to the chemist, 'Can I have some sleeping pills for the wife?' He said, 'Why?' I said, 'She keeps waking up.'
    She told me it was her 30th birthday. So I put thirty candles on her cake arranged in the shape of a question mark.

I said to my wife, 'Treasure' - I always call her Treasure, she reminds me of something that's just been dug up.

Ours is a football marriage, we keep waiting for the other one to kick off.

My wife is a sex object - every time I ask for sex, she objects.

I was lying in bed the other morning playing a lament on my euphonium when the wife, who was prising her teeth out of an apple, looked back at me and said softly, 'Joey.' She calls me Joey because she always wanted a budgie. She said, 'I'm homesick.' I said, 'But precious one, this is your home.' She said, 'I know, and I'm sick of it.'

I said to the wife, 'I wish you wouldn't smoke in bed.' She said, 'But a lot of women do.' I said, 'Not bacon they don't.'

I'm not saying the wife's ugly, but last christmas she stood under the mistle toe waiting for someone to kiss and she was still there at lent.

In fact she went to see that film the Elephant Man and the audience thought she was making a personal appearance.

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/peoplejokes/comedianjokes/lesdawsonjokes.html
  • I think it's great that plaayer and GHE have chosen here to come out

We have all whispered about it for a while wondering g when they would show the courage and conviction behind their choice of ditching female companionship and realising that it was eachother they needed

Rich, Matt

I am so proud of you two tonight fly the rainbow flag from the flat window you don't need to hide no more

Well done

D

I always imagine them as bert and Ernie from sesame street
  • The only time I row with the mrs is when I go for a piss and the sink is full up with washing up

• Sponsored links:

• MSE7 said:

The only time I row with the mrs is when I go for a piss and the sink is full up with washing up

The sad thing is, I actually believe you.
  • Just so everyone is aware I'm the man.
  • 8 Important Reasons To Let Go Of People Who No Longer Play An Important Part In Your Life

There comes a point in every person’s life when he or she parts ways with someone: ex, friend and anyone in between.

Upon first meeting this person, there’s a sweet beginning, but once you come to really know each other and grow comfortable, you suddenly realize that the relationship no longer brings any particular value to your life and is perhaps, even detrimental.

Sometimes, we hold on to people purely based on how long we have known them. Time can tie people together, but if you feel as though there’s nothing substantial keeping you connected, time is not a strong enough reason to hold on to something that’s simply no longer worth holding onto.

We grow complacent with people once we’re comfortable with them. But, hanging onto someone for the pure sake of it and because you don’t know anything else isn’t a good enough reason.

Fear is another reason why we can’t move on. There’s the fear of being alone and not being able to find someone else; fear of someone using our deepest and darkest secrets as blackmail; fear of the hate and tension that will ensue; fear of regret once someone is gone.

Sometimes, things are better left as mere memories. You can try to change things back to how they were or try to create things to be the way you want them, but you’ll never be truly happy because it’ll never be anything like how things once were.

If anything, there’s now too much pressure and expectation in the air to recreate what you both once had. Instead, hold on to and cherish the memories, but move forward. Be thankful for what a friendship or relationship brought you and taught you.

Beyond that, friendships and relationships — whilst they do have their downfalls and can require fixing — should essentially come naturally.

If a person isn’t bringing something significant to your life, not treating you how you’d like or isn’t the type of person you want him or her to be, it’s a clear sign that you need distance.

While it would be selfish of you to not accept a person for whom he or she is, it would be unfair for you to have to endure a friendship or relationship that isn’t cultivating a better you.

Now that we have come to ascertain why you may be holding on, let’s make it clear why you need to let go:

1. Let go because things are not the same anymore.
    People simply grow a part, which is perfectly normal. You realize you want different things, no longer share the same interests, no longer understand and no longer connect.

Sometimes, it’s a matter of accepting that it takes time to let go, rather than holding on to something that just can’t be brought back, was lost a long time ago or perhaps, was never really there at all.

It’s difficult to hold on to people in life, but remember that you’re destined to meet different people along your journey who will bring you happiness, sorrow, pain and joy.

2. Let go because the trust and loyalty isn’t there.
    If you know in your heart that you can’t trust this person and he or she cannot be loyal, then you need to ask yourself why this person is in your life. Trust and loyalty are the foundation of any friendship and relationship.

If they’re not present, it may only lead to paranoia, frustration, tension and anger that you’re better off without feeling.

Find someone with whom you can share your deepest darkest secrets and you know that after walking away, his or her lips will remain tightly sealed. Find someone whose faithfulness to you will be unquestionable because his or her actions, rather than empty promises, bring you a peace of mind.

3. Let go because you are unclear of where things stand.
    Engaging in an undefined friendship or relationship is confusing because you don’t know what you mean to the person, if anything at all. If the person can’t make you feel as though you’re significant, reflect on why you’re allowing someone to treat this way.

Be in the company of someone who is proud to have you in his or her life and will make that known to you and the rest of the world. Be in the company of someone who won’t gamble with your heart and mind simply because he or she knows you’re not going anywhere.

4. Let go if the friendship or relationship is damaging to you.
    If the friendship/relationship is making you unhappy or miserable, it’s time to bid the person farewell. We must not allow ourselves to feel trapped and used to being treated far less well than we deserve.

If someone is putting you down, competing with you, not paying attention to you, not caring about you, abusing you, embarrassing you in front of others, making you question yourself, belittling you or simply just not caring about you, remove the negativity from your life as soon as possible. Respect yourself enough to be able to walk away.

5. Let go if you simply don’t see eye to eye.
    It is hard to make a relationship work if you can’t ever agree or see each other’s points of view. If the one thing you can agree on is that neither of you can agree, it might be time to walk away.

In many friendships and relationships, people come together through unlikely chances, through their differences and lack of similarities. Therefore, it can work, but if you find that it’s a significant source of many of your disputes and tensions, get out now.

6. Let go if you’re the one fighting to make it work.
    If your relationship makes you feel as though you’re the only one putting in effort, time and love, reflect on whether or not it’s worth it. If someone truly loves you, cares for you or wants and needs you, the person will never allow you to invest disproportionate effort.

Find someone who makes you feel worthwhile and worthy. Find someone who fights to have you in his or her life. Find someone who knows how lucky he or she is to have you.

Find someone who acknowledges everything you have done and will do. Don’t waste your time on anything less.

7. Let go if he or she doesn’t encourage you or believe in you.
    If you find that your relationship isn’t providing you with support, reflect on what the person is providing. You deserve someone who will be there to encourage you throughout your journey and believe in you maybe even more than you believe in yourself.

8. Let go if the relationship isn’t bringing you what you want and need.
    Ask yourself whether you can do without the relationship or whether it’s something you unquestionably want and deserve. Sometimes, there’s this belief that we can be “too fussy” with what we want from others in life, but then again, why should we settle for anything less than happiness?

Don’t ever allow someone to make you feel needy for wanting someone who will love, care and support you, someone who will listen and give you insightful advice, someone who wants the same things, someone you can trust and will be loyal to you, someone who believes so strongly in you and your capabilities. Just someone who makes you feel like you’re someone.
  • full disclosure, not penned by me, but most of it is sound guidance i feel.
  • Lifers, this is what you all need. The Universal Crazy Hot Matrix...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQWlFtSptU#t=133
  • Plaaayer said:

Just so everyone is aware I'm the man.

Just so everyone knows I am a man that likes women
  • Back to denial, so sad it's over before it begun
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Lifers, this is what you all need. The Universal Crazy Hot Matrix...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQWlFtSptU#t=133

Ha. Looky likey Dan ?