Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley vs Chelsea

Burnley 1 up. Arfield.

Comments

• Pardon?
  • Well that lasted long
  • Damn 1-1 :-(
  • What a ball from cesc
  • Incredible pass
  • Lol I jinxed that.
  • Bloody marvellous that was. Yeah yeah, thanks colin
  • The gulf in class is incredible. Chelsea midfield in particular.
  • that goal was incredible from Chelsea, what a team they have here with Hazard, Cesc, Costa and Schurlle as an attacking force...always felt Schurlle should have been starting and he proved his worth in brazil
  • horrible defending from Burnley for that goal, can't really judge how well they will do on this game mind you..
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it me or is the camera angle shallower than normal?

Spurs do something similar for midweek games - makes the pitch look too small.
  • Can see Burnley being the whipping boys this season. There is no prem quality in that team at all.
  • Nicholas said:

Until Marvin comes on of course.

Exactly he was Charltonised
  • Nicholas said:

Can see Burnley being the whipping boys this season. There is no prem quality in that team at all.

harsh as they are playing the title favourites, although if anyone is going to do a Derby I expect it to be them...
  • Agree it's harsh as they are playing Chelsea. But I can see teams like Newcastle, WBA, Swansea etc having a field day with these.
  • Look at the Chelsea bench - must be over 150 million quid sat there.

Madness.
  • yeah could defeinitely happen, i'd enjoy it. Burnley don't belong there. Hope they go straight down.
  • Now that's harsh :)
  • Team to beat this season, Cech, Luis, Drogba, Torres, Will.I.an and Ramirez aren't in this lineup and that's a scary prospect for the rest of the premiershit
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it me or is the camera angle shallower than normal?

Spurs do something similar for midweek games - makes the pitch look too small.

I think you may be right.

NB When Burnley took the lead I said they've scored too early. Within mins they're 1-3 down :-(
  • Nicholas said:

Can see Burnley being the whipping boys this season. There is no prem quality in that team at all.

People said the same about Palace (and us!) and in Dyche they have a very good manager and Ings a decent enough striker who will cause teams a lot of problems.
  • yeah could defeinitely happen, i'd enjoy it. Burnley don't belong there. Hope they go straight down.

Burnley don't belong there? Who does then?
  • Can't see Dyche lasting the whole season tbh. Hope I'm wrong but by Christmas or Jan if they are in the bottom 3, they might want to employ someone who knows the league a bit more and can give them a chance of staying up. Will most likely be the wrong decision and they'll go down anyway! This does tend to happen a lot with newly promoted teams...Palace, Cardiff, QPR to name a few have all done the same in recent years

Erm I'll give you a clue mate, they start with C and end in harlton.

• edited August 2014

yeah could defeinitely happen, i'd enjoy it. Burnley don't belong there. Hope they go straight down.

In all seriousness, they don't bigger clubs do like Forrest, Wolves and Leeds, I'd rather have them in the prem than a club like Burnley. The prem is meant to be the best league in the world or at least one of and having Burnley in there doesn't exactly light up the league now does it? Historically speaking Burnley are not a small cllub, far from it, they just don't excite me or the league and I'm sure many would agree.

Anyway, it's nice for them to be up there for their supporters, they'll have another short little cameo and it will be bye bye Burnley.
  • The problem for Burnley is that while they might have some money to spend, hardly any PL player will want to go there, so if you're not careful you end up buying players who are no better than the ones that got you promoted, and at the expense of some of your team spirit