Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v India ODI's and T20

First one washed out.
2nd at Cardiff
England win Toss and Bowl
Hales wins first ODI cap, very good player, lets see if he can perform and then break into the Test team as opener instead of Robson.

Prediction 2-2 (i think its 5 games, could be wrong)

Comments

• edited August 2014
    I feel like only 3 matches will get a result. I think they'll nick it 2-1.

Edit: Can I take it back?

Edit: Can I take back my take back?
  • Who said Woakes was rubbish??... 5-1-8-2.
    (yes,it was me !) Then again, lets see what his numbers look like after 10 overs.
    India 71-2 off 16.
  • Woakes just gone for 2 6's.

195-4 38.1 overs
  • Woakes just gone for 2 6's.

195-4 38.1 overs

Hmmm, yes, there's me puffing him up earlier, and then he goes for 20 in his 7th over !
    I did say maybe judge him after 10 overs.!
  • edited August 2014
    And now Jordans lost it too - he has just bowled a 11 ball over, which included him having 4 attempts at trying to deliver the 6th ball!
    An over which included 5 wides !
  • Bopara should never have been dropped, his bowling although not top drawer does get wickets and doesn't get spanked around
  • I really don't know why Finn isn't playing.
  • dickplumb said:

I really don't know why Finn isn't playing.

Batting ability or theoretical lack thereof compared to others is my take on it.

Jimmy picks himself but the others are all bowlers who can bat.
  • Thing is, Jimmy is an immense bowler with 4 slips and a gully.
    In the ODI's and 20/20's he has generally gone for a few. His numbers in the 20/20 final bear that out ,where he went for, i think 50 odd in his 4 overs.
    So, even Jimmy isnt a given in the 50 over format.
  • Cook out lbw 19. Unlucky as pitched outside the line, so shouldn't have been given.

54-1 off 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

dickplumb said:

I really don't know why Finn isn't playing.

Batting ability or theoretical lack thereof compared to others is my take on it.

Jimmy picks himself but the others are all bowlers who can bat.
    If the top order play well, then Finn won't be needed to bat anyway.

It's as if his good summer has been rewarded with a month of carrying the drinks!
  • Bell b Shami 1

Left a straight ball.
  • edited August 2014
    Down to Morgan and Hales now...they need to get going.

EDIT: Hales now gone.

• 90/5... England clearly wanting to make sure the game is all over before the rain comes back
  • 119-6 off 29.
    A miracle needed, but I can't get as excited with cricket, when it's drizzling with rain and they are playing under the floodlights, when it's meant to be sunny.
  • Why are we so crap at 50 over cricket?
  • dickplumb said:

Why are we so crap at 50 over cricket?

Everyone knows it's the worst form of the game.
  • dickplumb said:

Because we continue to pick the wrong players. There are players in county cricket who should be in the England 1 day team but will never get in because the likes of Bell, Cook & Ballance are loved by the ECB. Your best test players are not necessarily your best 1 day players. It's a completely different game but the ECB will not change their stance, therefore, the England team will continue to struggle in the 50 over format for the foreseeable future!!
  • dickplumb said:

Because we continue to pick the wrong players. There are players in county cricket who should be in the England 1 day team but will never get in because the likes of Bell, Cook & Ballance are loved by the ECB. Your best test players are not necessarily your best 1 day players. It's a completely different game but the ECB will not change their stance, therefore, the England team will continue to struggle in the 50 over format for the foreseeable future!!
    I think you are right there.
  • dickplumb said:

Ballance wasnt playing.
    Dont agree with comments re Bell, but do with Cook (surprise,surprise)
  • Sponsored links:

• Cook is far too one paced for ODIs and wastes the opening powerplay...
  • 3rd ODI at Trent Bridge.
    England bat and are 75-0 off 17 - Hales 41 off 51 , and Cook motoring along at 34 off 51.
  • 96-2 off 22 - Hales and Cook both out.
  • I would just like to see us use more attacking players in the team. My fifty over team
    Hales, Roy, Bell, Morgan, Root, Moeen Ali, Butler, Stokes, Broad(when fit), Tredwell, Finn.
  • dickplumb said:

I would just like to see us use more attacking players in the team. My fifty over team
    Hales, Roy, Bell, Morgan, Root, Moeen Ali, Butler, Stokes, Broad(when fit), Tredwell, Finn.

Agree Dick- except cant see Tredwell being the way forward,he's so one-dimensional - if they could bring in one of the younger spinners like maybe Danny Briggs or Ravi Patel and try to blood one of those. I just look at Tredwell and think, 'Is that the best we can do ?'
  • Always concerns me when Asian teams have loooong no balls when not under pressure, and for no apparent reason !
  • Eng close 227-9 after 50.
  • Why Cook has anything to do with our one day team bemuses me.
  • Why Cook has anything to do with our one day team bemuses me.

I just think he adds pressure to the batsman at the other end because of his slow strike-rate.
  • 4th ODI at Edgbaston
    India win toss and bowl.

Eng 31-3 off 12 Cook, Hales and Ballance all out in single figures.

Another magnificent start for England !