Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Am I alone ...

...in not knowing who the hell Bradley Cooper is?

I was introduced to him yesterday (he is filming outside my office and one of our client's is involved) and I can sagfely say that until that point I had never heard of nor seen him in anything. Apparently this merely confirms my aged geek status in the eyes of my offspring and most of the female members of staff here. It seems I should have taken a "selfie", whatever that may be, or at least introduced him to various women who would have done so.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    You've never heard or seen the Hangover, basically the film made him famous.
  • Never heard of him.
  • Never heard of him.
  • Never heard of him.
  • I only heard of him as he wasnt he with that big headed knob Gerard Butler taking selfies at Wimbledon the other year?
  • Yes @Curb_It that is him.
  • You've never heard or seen the Hangover, basically the film made him famous.

Yes, I have heard of this mythical beast (the film, not him) but have never seen it, nor from what I've heard ad nauseum since yesterday, do I ever wish to.
  • I haven't heard of Gerard Butler either.
  • Curb_It said:

I only heard of him as he wasnt he with that big headed knob Gerard Butler taking selfies at Wimbledon the other year?

That may also explain my ignorance, can't stand tennis and ignore Wimbledon entirely. Also who the f**k is Gerard Butler? On second thoughts from your description I don't need to know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is he the one from Emmerdale?
  • He's one of those people that older people know exactly who he is but pretend they dont out of wanting to be above films like the hangover

My old man does it when he knows exactly who a fit bird is but pretends he don't so he doesn't get in trouble with my mum

No Gary. Genuinely never heard of him.
  • Wasn't he in High Noon?
  • JWADDICK said:

Curb_It said:

I only heard of him as he wasnt he with that big headed knob Gerard Butler taking selfies at Wimbledon the other year?

That may also explain my ignorance, can't stand tennis and ignore Wimbledon entirely. Also who the f**k is Gerard Butler? On second thoughts from your description I don't need to know.
    Gerard Butler is the main character in the film 300 which is about the Spartan Army
  • Is he as massive as he looks on screen?

Didn't get why The Hangover made him famous, he wasn't exactly a 'character' in that film. But he was good in Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle.
  • Curb_It said:

Ditto. Never seen a film of his.
  • He's one of those people that older people know exactly who he is but pretend they dont out of wanting to be above films like the hangover

My old man does it when he knows exactly who a fit bird is but pretends he don't so he doesn't get in trouble with my mum

Well, I am definitely an older person but genuinely did not know who he was, I now know altogether too much about him however which is knowledge I could happily have gone to my grave without. Also, (and if you lifestyle choice is other than mine shall we say, I apologise in advance) he could not be described as either fit nor a bird. The beard gave it away for me:)
  • Bradley Cooper is also in the film 'limitless' with Robert de Niro
  • edited August 2014
    I've seen Hangover and I still don't know who he is.

Wasn't Gerard Butler in The Libertines?

Edit:That was Carl Barat, apparently. Easy mistake to make...
  • edited August 2014

Bradley Cooper
  • Sponsored links:

• Thinking about it though, I know what Valley Gary is talking about. My father-in-law claims not to know who David Beckham is and also that he didn't know the World Cup was on in 1966, despite being a teenager and living in England at the time. Pure snobbery.

Gerard Butler

No Gary. Genuinely never heard of him.
  • Redskin said:

I've seen Hangover and I still don't know who he is.

Edit:That was Carl Barat, apparently. Easy mistake to make...

Bernard Butler was in Suede, if that helps.
  • What sick game is this, Stig?
  • Redskin said:

No, he was in Lambert & Butler.
  • No, you idiot, that's Henry Cooper.
  • edited August 2014
    Butler