Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA say the Qatar vote was fine, honest

Comments

• Well they would, wouldn't they?
  • and in fact the only crooks was the English bastards who bribed everyone -------FIFA at its best.
  • IdleHans said:

Well they would, wouldn't they?

Sadly, and very predictably, yes.
  • Right. That's it then Sepp. Nothing to see here. Move on. Everything's ok dokey, tickety boo...
  • They are going to critise England and Jack Warner. Sorry Sepp but you cannot honestly think everyone is going to believe this 'independent' report.
  • I'm glad thats all cleared up.
  • Especially when Qatar refused to talk to.the investigation or show any bank statements
  • Couple of points...

(1) Why then if there was nothing to worry about did Sepp not just release the Doc immediately

(2) Why cant Garcia or Blatter add a statement to the FIFA website with the Doc as a downloadable file so that anyone can view it..

(3) So were being moaned at for bribing yet Russia (racists) and Qatar (Slave Labourers) are saints.

(4) If weve been SO bad for bribing then shouldnt we be chucked out of FIFA by now.. Please do it Sepp, we can setup our own world body and start from scratch (although I guess our punishment is that were being forced to stay with FIFA)
  • What are the odds on the USA getting the 2026 World Cup now......
  • How could anyone have ever been so awful as to suspect foul play by such a leading football country, especially with that nice Mr. Blubber involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• (1) Why then if there was nothing to worry about did Sepp not just release the Doc immediately

This is a report from FIFA's independent ethics adjudicator, whereas I think you're talking about the report from FIFA's independent ethics investigator.

The independent ethics adjudicator is a German judge. Was it Germany where Bernie Ecclestone avoided a conviction for bribery by paying over a large sum of money to officials?
  • IA said:

(1) Why then if there was nothing to worry about did Sepp not just release the Doc immediately

This is a report from FIFA's independent ethics adjudicator, whereas I think you're talking about the report from FIFA's independent ethics investigator.

The independent ethics adjudicator is a German judge. Was it Germany where Bernie Ecclestone avoided a conviction for bribery by paying over a large sum of money to officials?
    Eh..? - So this isnt even the report provided by Michael Garcia, will that one get binned then because the adjudicator has provided the proof?

• That's hilarious. It's a shame our FA didn't have the guts to blow the whistle before the vote, though I do understand with the money already invested in the bid why that might happen.
  • i dont think for 1 min that our FA would part from FIFA but what if we did ?
    We are never going to win the World Cup
    I suspect that FIFA would ban ALL international players from playing in England but then again the Prem League would still pull alot of overseas players re the money they pay
    England wouldnt be playing any sort of International matches for a long time
    Would other counties join in if we jumped ? i doubt it

guess we never will jump but i think id like to see us tell em to go f--k emselves
  • Don't know what all the fuss was about ??
    ;-)
  • Now they have to address the issue of moving it from the summer to winter and the upheaval to numerous league programmes.
    We are never going to win the World Cup
    I suspect that FIFA would ban ALL international players from playing in England but then again the Prem League would still pull alot of overseas players re the money they pay
    England wouldnt be playing any sort of International matches for a long time
    Would other counties join in if we jumped ? i doubt it

guess we never will jump but i think id like to see us tell em to go f--k emselves

Trouble is we could still be a part of UEFA... Its like with Gibraltar they're part of UEFA but FIFA have refused to acknowledge them so arent allowed to qualify for the World Cup
  • Sepp Blatter is an absolute genius, he can do what he wants, say he wants and nothing will ever bring him down.
  • Sponsored links:

• So the report finds that the only people who've done anything wrong are:

Jack Warner, who has already been thoroughly discredited. Opposed to Blatter.
    Mohammed Bin Hammam, but apparently that was nothing to do with football. Opposed to Blatter.
    England, the country who led the charge against the rampant corruption in FIFA and whose journalists have been accused of 'racism' against FIFA. Opposed to Blatter.

Why is this a surprise to anyone?
  • I loved reading about the FIFA film which Sepp Blatter had script approval over. The only English character is described as a 'cartoonish villain' who says things like:

"But young lady, the natives of Africa are stupid and undisciplined. It's just their nature. How could they possibly be expected to appreciate the subtleties of football, a game invented by the whites?"

You couldn't make it up!!!

Full review, well worth a read:
    http://screamer.deadspin.com/heres-what-i-learned-watching-fifas-incredible-propagan-1643394469
  • All it would take is the FA, and their counterparts in Germany, Italy and Spain to break away and the whole house of cards would crumble.
  • All it would take is the FA, and their counterparts in Germany, Italy and Spain to break away and the whole house of cards would crumble.

Agree that it would bring them down but it will never happen. Germany are successful and recently held a world cup, Spain have had great success, no idea if they plan to hold a world cup anytime soon and Italy don't exactly have a squeaky clean image when it comes to corruption in football. I think the sponsors hold the key and they could bring Blatter down if they decide being associated with FIFA isn't good for business. He's becoming untouchable though and one day it will be a fascinating read as to what goes on inside that place.
  • Oh love it...

Mark Palios has just spoken to Radio 5 live about the allegations the English FA "damaged the image of Fifa" in the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
    Sven Goran Eriksson and Mark Palios

Palios, the former chief executive of the FA (pictured right with ex-England boss Sven Goran Eriksson), said: "One has to put a bit of perspective around this. When the FA is judged in this they'll be judged against other FAs, who may well not have come under as much scrutiny because they simply haven't given evidence.

"I understand the Russians wiped all their computers."

"I think Fifa will be quite pleased at the embarrassment this has caused the English FA, because the FA has always been seen as a thorn in their side."

This may be the first time I've ever agreed with you. If only we had the balls. Personally, I'll have nothing to do with the 2024 WC. I will email teh sponsors and tell them that I intend to avoid their products.
  • "FIFA's chief ethics investigator Michael Garcia has announced he will appeal against the findings of his own team's investigation"

Wow.

Where did that come from?