Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Tucadean (pg.5-6 - Joined Steaua Bucharest on 1 1/2yr loan)

Comments

• Options

One of the most enigmatic forwards ever to play for us.
    3 and a half MOM performances (45 mins against Derby)
    16 poor performances.

I still find it hard to believe the CAFC coaches couldn't get some average
    games out of him instead of the poor ones.

The second half against Cardiff he could of had 5 assists as well as two goals which hit the post and saved on the line.

If this is the end of your CAFC story then it's a mystery why you were so inconsistent.

This is how I see it. That Cardiff game was one of the best performances I've seen from a Charlton striker since being relegated from the Championship in 2009. Ironically, he didn't score or make any goals or assists, but he could have.

I guess that's the problem with George - plenty of 'could haves'.

I'd still rather he stayed though, unless we really are receiving a fee close to the ones quoted.

It's a fine line between being successful and just a 'could have', isn't it?

The shot that hit the post could just as easily have gone in as rebounded out - and on another day would have been a goal.
    As a result, the player's confidence would be sky high.

He still provided the assists, though ...... it was other players that messed up, not George.
    As I said, it's a fine line.

• Options
    Good luck George i say! Nice chap but it just hasn't worked for him at Charlton and defo no need to hate him
  • Options
    I don't rate him but good luck George.
  • Options
    I want to believe. Duchatelet makes it so bloody difficult and challenging.

How true, one of the Worlds greatest non-communicators.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Am i the only one who sings

'Used to be shite, and now he's still shite'

About Wilson

No, I often find myself singing it when I'm walking around waitrose.
  • Options
    Can think of many other strikers we have had worse than George but I'm still not bothered to see him go.
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

cakey said:

Its being reported in Romanian press that George is close to signing for Steau Bucharest. They offered 800K Euros. We want (for some unknown reason) 1million and it says agreement may be reached at 850K + 20% profit. (of course they won't be any profit when they realise how bad he is). Grab it before they realise.

I can't believe that Duchatelet was holding out for 1 million when he could have got 800K Euros (if this is true). Now the deal is dead in the water ? Un'bloody'believable. I feckin' hope this is not the thing that prevents Charlton from investing in a creative midfielder and striker. If this happens, I do believe it is proven that Duchatelet is not a genius businessman but a complete idiot of the highest order.
    This same man refused to pay silly money for Delort.....maybe he's not so daft

• Options
    Its being reported today in the Romanian press that it is now confirmed that George has agreed terms with Steau for a loan until the end of 2015/16 season so season and a half. His salary will be split but doesn't say how much we have to pay. No mention of what loan fee is being paid either.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

vff said:

vff said:

cakey said:

Its being reported in Romanian press that George is close to signing for Steau Bucharest. They offered 800K Euros. We want (for some unknown reason) 1million and it says agreement may be reached at 850K + 20% profit. (of course they won't be any profit when they realise how bad he is). Grab it before they realise.

I can't believe that Duchatelet was holding out for 1 million when he could have got 800K Euros (if this is true). Now the deal is dead in the water ? Un'bloody'believable. I feckin' hope this is not the thing that prevents Charlton from investing in a creative midfielder and striker. If this happens, I do believe it is proven that Duchatelet is not a genius businessman but a complete idiot of the highest order.
    This same man refused to pay silly money for Delort.....maybe he's not so daft

The same man tried very hard to pay silly money for Delort but was grumpy when someone else paid sillier. That doesn't make him less daft
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loan?! Ffs...
  • Options
    Bye George!
  • Options
    So where is the replacement(s)? We have less strikers again now......Igor/Watt/Church.....nowhere near enough with 19 games left and injuries/suspensions.....unless I missing someone of course?
  • Options
    1 1/2 year loan deal?!
  • Options
    They surely have got a replacement lined up? Silly to let him go otherwise.
  • Options
    Frees up space for another stupid loan in, probably another stupid keeper
  • Options

So where is the replacement(s)? We have less strikers again now......Igor/Watt/Church.....nowhere near enough with 19 games left and injuries/suspensions.....unless I missing someone of course?

Maybe Reza is staying and with him and KAG
    RD thinks its good enough and know need to spend anymore money
  • Options
    George, Reza, Polish Pete and Pigott all out on loan.

Yet we're crying out for a striker and can't score for toffee.

Makes sense doesn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All these cbs we are signing maybe Bikey is gonna be pushed forward

Or maybe we wont use strikers and go 6-4-0
  • Options

1 1/2 year loan deal?!

With an option to buy lol at the end
    They want a good long hard look at him !
  • Options
    So we loan out players for the same length of time as we give managers contracts?

If true probably the best deal they could get. Will free up some wages but probably take a loss overall by the end unless the loan becomes a sale.

At least RD sanctioned it and didn't just keep him if he couldn't get a better deal for the club.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

So we loan out players for the same length of time as we give managers contracts?

If true probably the best deal they could get. Will free up some wages but probably take a loss overall by the end unless the loan becomes a sale.

At least RD sanctioned it and didn't just keep him if he couldn't get a better deal for the club.

As you say, most likely the best deal we could get. And if he kicks on maybe we can sell him elsewhere.

Leaves another space in the squad though.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by a striker signing soon

• Options

KAG, though can't expect too much from the lad.
  • Options
    Didn't Torres go to AC Milan on a 2 year loan deal from Chelsea? Gets him out of the team if not completely off the books
  • Options

1 1/2 year loan deal?!

With an option to buy lol at the end
    They want a good long hard look at him !
    That's that deal scuppered then. So strange, seeing those Vines again, he clearly has some talent.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Didn't Torres go to AC Milan on a 2 year loan deal from Chelsea? Gets him out of the team if not completely off the books

Yeah, which was then made permanent and then loaned out to Atletico Madrid straight away!