Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We deserve relegation

Another poor display and the usual collapse at the end. Hopeless at defending set pieces and waste nearly every free kick and corner we get.
Saddest thing of the lot is I'm starting to lose interest and watch games with an air of resignation. Players like the fans seem to be going through the motions.
The passion and spirit of the club continues to evaporate......
Never thought I'd feel like this.

Comments

• Hard to disagree. Place was like a library today and everybody I spoke to feels the same.
  • Another poor display and the usual collapse at the end. Hopeless at defending set pieces and waste nearly every free kick and corner we get.
    Saddest thing of the lot is I'm starting to lose interest and watch games with an air of resignation. Players like the fans seem to be going through the motions.
    The passion and spirit of the club continues to evaporate......
    Never thought I'd feel like this.

I completely feel this now,
    but need to stand by the club and help them get out of this pickle
  • Couldn't agree more. Had to drag myself there today. Completely dispirited.
  • You could argue 5/6 should be relegated - that's the only hope we've got
  • Nothing about Charlton at the moment really makes me miss my season tickets..
  • if we get a battering next week away to Boro I dread to think what the attendance for Norwich will be
  • I'm just hoping we stay up! that's all i want this season. although this team would be great in league 1 which is similar to Standard Liege's league!
  • We have to hope that the buffer built up until November will allow us to keep our heads above water, but it will be close. The we have to hope RD has an evangelical moment over the summer and realises he knows jack shit about Championship football and leaves it to people whose only role is to pander to his ego because he pays them to. In any case, we have to keep supporting the club through thick and thin even if not the suits (including the one in the dugout!)
  • It's so depressing, where are the 15-18 points we need going to come from?
  • Got to be honest feeling the same, so pissed off with the mess that is Charlton Athletic. KM, rolly polly or whoever is running the show your f...ing useless.

This is not going to get people queuing for season tickets next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gotta believe that Blackpool, Rotherham and at least one other team are worse than us. Trouble is we all know that Powelly's Huddersfield and Smallwall will turn us over.
  • meldrew66 said:

Gotta believe that Blackpool, Rotherham and at least one other team are worse than us. Trouble is we all know that Powelly's Huddersfield and Smallwall will turn us over.

Rotherham did not look worse than us today
  • Remember when we went back to The Valley and just about sold out the 8032 seats every week? There are not tens of thousands of diehard long-term fans out there, so I can see season-ticket sales over the summer, even if we do stay up, taking a nosedive. Why pay to watch the kind of rubbish being served
  • if we get a battering next week away to Boro I dread to think what the attendance for Norwich will be

I dread to think how many we will take to Boro.
  • Does any team really deserve relegation? Yes we are subpar at the moment but personally I don't think relegation should be wished upon anyone (even millwall). Imagine how Hartlepool and Blackpool must feel right now, the latter has the lowest points total in the football league and the other is likely being expelled from the league. I really don't know where the next win is coming from but I still don't think we'll go down, even if by the skin of our teeth we stay up. Chins up. Although we are bad off at the moment, it could still be way worse
  • meldrew66 said:

Gotta believe that Blackpool, Rotherham and at least one other team are worse than us. Trouble is we all know that Powelly's Huddersfield and Smallwall will turn us over.

They didn't look better either
  • meldrew66 said:

I disagree,and not because you're Paulie.

They were worse than us ,and the fact we couldn't hold on to a lead for ten minutes against them makes it worrying.
  • We don't deserve anything yet. The three teams with the least points in the division at the end of the season will be the ones who deserved relegation. Every Charlton fan should be hoping that we are not one of the fated three and doing all they can to prevent it happening.
  • On the basis of the last 10 or so games we deserve to be relagated. On the basis of the whole season we don't. However one thing is clear, if we don't make any half decent signings in the next few days then we are in a relagation battle .
  • Sponsored links:

• Stupid thread. Lets overreact.

Not an overreaction - has been a thoroughly depressing season and numerous fans don't feel a connection with the club. I'm not alone in this.
    A lot of the players don't look interested and we have a semi-detached owner - not a good situation.

• meldrew66 said:

They didn't look better either
    The stats say otherwise and they were playing away.
  • We have an ongoing joke amongst the people I sit with about corners. The way the whole ground cheers corners is ridiculous, we are awful at them, no one can take them..

That Pringle fella put every ball in at head height in the perfect area to attack, we put a ball in which either hits the first defender, play it short to someone who then does absolutely nothing with it, or duff a cross which means a player has to take a swipe at it at waist height, inevitably doing poorly.

Our set pieces are absolutely abysmal.

I must admit I have lost a lot of my enthusiasm for Charlton, not because of the results, but because I feel the players have lost their enthusiasm. Their body language and general attitude bar Solly and Cousins and Harriot (yes, I still believe he is shite) and players making debuts was so negative today. Almost like they have given up and can't wait to move on.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I'm just hoping we stay up! that's all i want this season. although this team would be great in league 1 which is similar to Standard Liege's league!

Trouble is @C4FC4L1f3. I can see Duchatelet dropping the budget significantly and Charlton supporters would have to experience a whole lot more rubbish network players being sent to the club. We would probably see players like Nego and Polish Pete in the team.
  • I should imagine a lot of people,are feeling down on our Belgian binary boreoff.com freak show club atm
    And there is no light at the end
    What a joke club
    Gutted

• I should imagine a lot of people,are feeling down on our Belgian binary boreoff.com freak show club atm
    And there is no light at the end
    What a joke club
    Gutted

So will you be going to the den now with your new best friend?
  • Roly deserves relegation. The fans don't.