Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JBG - Hull Interest

Sorry if this hand been posted elsewhere:

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-papertalk/story-26348467-detail/story.html

Interesting to see an quote from Guy in there so I imagine there is sum substance to this

Comments

• The quote is from an interview he did ages ago - its not in response to the rumour.
  • Hull will be in the same league as us next season.
  • frying pan to the fire .. unless they offer him loadsa money .. which, if they are relegated, they will have as parachute cash .. let's hope he stays with us
  • Why would he want to live in Hull?
  • PL54 said:

Why would he want to live in Hull?

Hull ?.. not Mayfair by any means, but East/North Yorkshire or North Lincolnshire ? (e.g.Beverley, Brigg)... very nice countryside, friendly people and a £2,000,000 London mansion is yours for £600,000
  • PL54 said:

Close the Cleethorpes and Skegness?
  • We are going to see more and more stories about our five main playing assets.

One thing worse than our players being talked about... and that was last summer when they weren't talked about. (thanks Mr Wilde)

I can't see us getting through the summer without a sale or two. For sure people will question ambition - quite rightly. But if Gudmundsson won't sign a longer deal and there's a big money offer on the table for him and the club, then what is the owner to do?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see why he would go to Hull. They look likely to get relegated and all relegated sides struggle big time in their first season back.

Better off at Charlton Johann.
  • I heard that Bruce wants him as a replacement for Ine, who is heading off to Derby for £5m.
  • You could not pay me enough money to work in Hull.
  • Addickted said:

I heard that Bruce wants him as a replacement for Ine, who is heading off to Derby for £5m.

A replacement for a player he farmed out because he wasn't getting a game? Seems odd.
  • How can he replace Tom Ince? Does JBG's father have the nickname Guvnor?
  • PL54 said:

Hull ?.. not Mayfair by any means, but East/North Yorkshire or North Lincolnshire ? (e.g.Beverley, Brigg)... very nice countryside, friendly people and a £2,000,000 London mansion is yours for £600,000
    Also been voted worst place to live in the UK in the past few years. More than once...
  • Can't see why he would go to Hull. They look likely to get relegated and all relegated sides struggle big time in their first season back.

Better off at Charlton Johann.

• PL54 said:

Also been voted worst place to live in the UK in the past few years. More than once...
    if you're gullible to believe that, you'll believe anything .. how long in the past 20 years have you spent in Hull ? .. ever spent any time in Woolwich/Thamesmead or New Cross/Peckham lately ?
  • Actually New Cross and Peckham are undergoing a bit of a facelift and general cultural renaissance at the moment. And Thamesmead is not too shabby either. But \I have never been to Hull. I hear the girls are nice there.
  • PL54 said:

I know people feel sorry for anyone living in Hull but I'm not sure they'd knock £1.4m off their asking price so you can move to London.
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard on the grapevine that IF Derby get promoted and Hull relegated, Ince will be going to Derby for sure and IF so and IF Bruce is still the manager next season and IF Allam remains the owner and puts up the money, then .. it's an outside but very live possibility that Hull (Tigers or not) will be looking to sign Johnnie B Gooderson ((:>)
  • Heard on the grapevine that IF Derby get promoted and Hull relegated, Ince will be going to Derby for sure and IF so and IF Bruce is still the manager next season and IF Allam remains the owner and puts up the money, then .. it's an outside but very live possibility that Hull (Tigers or not) will be looking to sign Johnnie B Gooderson ((:>)

Now I have a migraine...

Now I have a migraine...
    lol .. that's the simplified version .. my source is impeccable even when he does not have a clue what's going on ((:>)
  • iaitch said:

How can he replace Tom Ince? Does JBG's father have the nickname Guvnor?

Guvnorsson
  • Are you aware that Hull is to be the 2017 City of Culture and the city centre is to undergo a multi-million pound redevelopment? No? Well it is. And I still wouldn't want to live there.
  • I'll tell Johnan what Hull is like at the Eltham meeting next Tuesday. I doubt he'll sign after that :smile:
  • Cmon surely Johann can do better.
  • And so it starts. Sign him up quickly Roland so we don't have a summer of 'my mate's heard he's signing for xxxx'
  • PL54 said:

Hull is a sh*thole, I know it's a sh*thole, I live here.

But this is no longer correct, I live with one of the bastards and he rams the knowledge that "we were once top of the crappest towns list and we're not anymore" constantly.