Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johann Berg Gudmundsson & Yoni Buyens @ Eltham Addicks on Tuesday 28th April

124»

Comments

• I think we can still get him to extend by another year with increased wages and an agreed get out fee. All depends what PL teams make offers and whether we accept them but I think he will show some loyalty and give us another season.
  • I think we can still get him to extend by another year with increased wages and an agreed get out fee. All depends what PL teams make offers and whether we accept them but I think he will show some loyalty and give us another season.

I don't!
  • Many thanks to everyone who turned up last night.

It was very interesting, thanks to all who have posted what they remember from what was said last night to this thread.
  • Isn't JBG just as likely to go to Liege
  • Thanks for the feedback chaps.
    Interesting stuff
  • Yoni reckoned, that at the moment, Charlton are a better team then Standard Liege.

(Liege having sold their 4 best players last summer).

What with him being here? ;-)
    I think I did say something like that and he said no because the players they sold. I'm ever the diplomat
  • Would love JBG to stay but the key thing is that, if he is sold, we get a good fee and that this is allowed to be reinvested in new players. If we uncover another Johann every couple of years, do well AND make a healthy profit on transfers that will do just fine. I would love to keep all our best players and add to them, growing towards the Prem, but I don't that that's Roland's business model.
  • Thanks so much for that write up kap, very interesting.

I hate being negative but we are really really not far from competing to get out of this league but I just can see it all slipping away and losing buyens, JBG and Gomez this summer :(

Pray to god I'm wrong.

I hate being negative but we are really really not far from competing to get out of this league but I just can see it all slipping away and losing buyens, JBG and Gomez this summer :(

Pray to god I'm wrong.

And Bulot not to mention Churchinio!
  • Sponsored links:

Pray to god I'm wrong.

And Bulot not to mention Churchinio!
    You said "not to mention Churchinio"
  • Thanks, Kap and others for reports.

Sounds like Yoni to Sint Truiden might not be too wide of the mark...homesick for Belgium but doesn't like fans at Liege.

Think we will be in for another upheaval summer.

Sounds like Yoni to Sint Truiden might not be too wide of the mark...homesick for Belgium but doesn't like fans at Liege.

True but lepoint to STTV was expected.. will they need two more cm??

After being promoted, I wouldn't be surprised.
  • I just wanted to help you become a glass half full man. 0:-)
  • With us likely to lose a player or two to the PL and Palace celebrating staying up and earning another £160M or whatever it is.....

if the rumour @defke posted was true ( we're getting one of their CM's ) then yes..

Pray to god I'm wrong.

It is almost like the season when Powell got us to 9th and we were tantalisingly close to a play off spot. We all said we were just three to four players away from competing at that level the following season. Then it went wrong! Can the club avoid history repeating itself?

Pray to god I'm wrong.

To be fair last summer, everyone was upset because we were losing Dervite on a free
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    This is Charlton.

Our good players will all go.

The season ticket renewal deadline has passed now.

Pray to god I'm wrong.

It is almost like the season when Powell got us to 9th and we were tantalisingly close to a play off spot. We all said we were just three to four players away from competing at that level the following season. Then it went wrong! Can the club avoid history repeating itself?
    There is a big difference. Under Powell the players were sold because there was nothing left even behind the sofa, this time if we lose a big contingent of players there will be their resale money and the fact we are solvent to replace them.

The big question is will RD be able to replace with as competent players and we may not be able t judge that until well into the new season.

At the begining of last season we had a bloke called Gudmonsson and a bloke called Vetokele, unknowns to us and I suspect that RD's replacement will be in a similar vein, there will be no marquee signings or splashing the cash. I have no problem with that as long as the net result is positive and we won't know for a while.
    LenGlover said:

This is Charlton.

Our good players will all go.

The season ticket renewal deadline has passed now.

can you reel back on your optimism :-)
  • I think the players sense the opportunity from various quotes- including JBGs. The big question is as has been said - will the owner go for it?