Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• And there was me thinking he couldn't possibly do anything more stupid than grow that moustache.....
  • I heard he wanted to be considered for England's crack team for the next world cup.
    I mean a man has to train.
  • edited May 2015
  • What a jerk.
  • Snort much of a news article though, is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Did you want a blow by blow account Arthur?
  • It's only cocaine. Why do they even test footballers for it?
  • big family the Livermores round here, enough said on that
  • Should have kept his powder dry for the relegation run in.
  • Does it not only stay in your system for about 48 hours? That would mean he must have been on it only 1/2 days before his match.

But i may be wrong about 48 hours.
  • Take note Johann.
  • Does it not only stay in your system for about 48 hours? That would mean he must have been on it only 1/2 days before his match.

Pretty much correct, depending on quality.
  • Cocaine leaves the body within three days, but it metabolises into benzoylecgonine, which is tracable for much, much longer.
  • Four Four Two magazine did an anonymous survey a couple of years back across a cross section of players, agents, coaches etc. They reported that use of cocaine was very rife in the English game, and was of preference because of how quick it leaves the system. Doesn't surprise me in truth.
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember years ago Nels gave a talk at a Tonbridge supporters club meeting and he said then that 2 massive prem stars had tested positive for coke but it had been covered up

Pretty much correct, depending on quality.
    What if it's banging chop bruv
  • Hull can no longer get the wooden spoon but the heated teaspoon is still a possibility
  • Never understand why such incidents are referred to as "recreational use", giving some air of respectability
  • So, it seems he still had a drug in his system directly after a match? It's deemed to be a stimulant and therefore is treated as a performance enhancing drug. Hull won the game. Will they have points docked in the same way that Rotherham did merely for a bit of a paperwork cock-up or will his team get away with it?

If Hull get relegated will they do as Chelsea did with Mutu, sack him and sue him? Mutu got a seven month ban for cocaine use so I'm guessing Livermore won't be any use to any team any time soon. He's still got two years on his contract, I wonder how much they paid for him? Rumoured to have been £8mn. So, will they go after him for £5mn in the courts. It must be tempting for the owner to try to re-coup some of the wasted money.
  • Cocaine is not deemed in sport as an enhancer it's deemed as a social drug,

It has no defense in sport law and no excuses are accepted he will fave from a warning to 6 mths ban,

More than likely imo he will get a 4 month ban
  • Didn't Stanley Matthews have a cocaine injection in his dead leg before the '53 FA Cup Final?