Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Bugle is back!!!!

We're back open, pop down and say hello if you're local, or even if you're not!!

Just beer and bar snacks at the mo while we try get the kitchen back legal and operational!!

I'm the new licensee so any question or ideas please don't hesitate to ask....

Comments

• Glad to hear it Scruffle. I will make an effort to call in for a couple of pints next week when back in the UK. Good luck - Charlton needs to keep some pubs open and it's crying out for a well run one with a fully participating landlord who knows the value of good beer and food.
  • edited May 2015
    Good news.
    Glad you have something to blow your trumpet about taking over The Bugle! ;-)
    Best of luck.
  • Good luck @scruffle always good having a Charlton fan running a Charlton boozer
  • Erm scruffle you were right in your post in the thread about the bugle now shut...

"I don't reckon it'll be closed for too long, took punch a while to sell the white swan. Surely someone will pick it up even if it's short term, the village needs both pubs!!"

• Good luck, must pop in before a game sometime.
  • Good stuff - what beers will you have on tap ?
  • I'm the new licensee so any question or ideas please don't hesitate to ask....

I suppose a "Free bar" is pushing it a bit? ;)
  • Brilliant!
  • scruffle said:

We're back open, pop down and say hello if you're local, or even if you're not!!

Just beer and bar snacks at the mo while we try get the kitchen back legal and operational!!

Nice one
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it the same bar staff?
  • At the moment we've kept it as it was beers wise but will be rotating the ales once I know what the locals want. Got a few craft beers by the bottle, drinkable wine and bit more extensive spirit range.

Staff wise, I've got new fresh faces but there were a few of the old staff been told were quite good so open to welcoming them back...
  • T.C.E said:

I suppose a "Free bar" is pushing it a bit? ;)

You'll be bared without even coming back with those kind of requests!!! Kept the pricing the same as before so still a good value pint
  • Better wine?

Did you drink in there yourself?
  • Always like The Bugle. i'm pleased it's staying open.
  • Curb_It said:

Better wine?

Alright inspector gadget!
  • scruffle said:

At the moment we've kept it as it was beers wise but will be rotating the ales once I know what the locals want. Got a few craft beers by the bottle, drinkable wine and bit more extensive spirit range.

Staff wise, I've got new fresh faces but there were a few of the old staff been told were quite good so open to welcoming them back...

Get London Lager in!
  • Good Luck Scruffle
  • CAFCsayer said:

scruffle said:

At the moment we've kept it as it was beers wise but will be rotating the ales once I know what the locals want. Got a few craft beers by the bottle, drinkable wine and bit more extensive spirit range.

Get London Lager in!
    I'd love too, serve it my other pub but not sure I could get away with charging a fiver a pint in Charlton!!! Will be interesting to see how much longer it's actually brewed in Greenwich now they're bought by sab Miller.
  • Curb_It said:

Better wine?

Only beer, but iv sampled some of the wine that was left......
  • Sponsored links:

• scruffle said:

Curb_It said:

Better wine?

Only beer, but iv sampled some of the wine that was left......
    Get the kitchen sorted & you can use what's left of the old stuff on chips...just make sure there's more than 14 in a portion to keep Tavern happy!! :smiley:
  • It would be better used to clear the drains. No good.
  • scruffle said:

CAFCsayer said:

scruffle said:

Get London Lager in!
    I'd love too, serve it my other pub but not sure I could get away with charging a fiver a pint in Charlton!!! Will be interesting to see how much longer it's actually brewed in Greenwich now they're bought by sab Miller.
    You'd be surprised mate, a lot of my old mans mates drink Carlimg iñ there and have said theyd switch in a flash
  • CAFCsayer said:

scruffle said:

CAFCsayer said:

scruffle said:

Get London Lager in!
    You'd be surprised mate, a lot of my old mans mates drink Carlimg iñ there and have said theyd switch in a flash
    That's interesting, they'll like the little range of craft bottles iv got in then, and some of the ales I'm going to start putting in!! Thought craft beer in Charlton was a step too far but sold a little of it tonight.
  • Is your other pub the R of D ?

Suggestions -

Put some light bulbs in and turn the lights on.

Sort out & reopen the back room on match days. PS Has it been cleaned ? It hadn't since about 1992 :smile:
  • Used to love the bugle when I lived in Charlton village 20 years ago, will definitely pop back in

Best of luck
  • Glad to hear it's open, very sorry to hear about the old guvnor, nice guy.

Definitely need to keep the Doombar on and the old bar staff were excellent - never took more than a couple of minutes to get served.

Would have a good look at the table layout though for match days and maybe replace the big screen with something less dominant - you'd fit a lot more people in.
  • Glad to hear it's open, very sorry to hear about the old guvnor, nice guy.

Definitely need to keep the Doombar on and the old bar staff were excellent - never took more than a couple of minutes to get served.

Would have a good look at the table layout though for match days and maybe replace the big screen with something less dominant - you'd fit a lot more people in.
  • The big screen is the only reason i go in there!
  • They do serve a decent Guinness (albeit a bit too cold sometimes). I Prefer drinking in the Bugle to the soulless concourse of the East Stand. As long as they keep the Guinness on tap they will have my custom (Other Stouts and Porters can feck off)