Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marko Dmitrovic to A.D. Alcorcon on season long loan (confirmed)

Comments

• http://adalcorcon.com/marko-dmitrovic-nuevo-portero-de-la-ad-alcorcon/

"The AD Alcorcón has reached an agreement with the English Charlton Athletic for the transfer of Serbian goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovic (24/01/1992) for a while. The player, born in Subotica and international sub-21, is since Monday under the command of Juan Ramon Lopez Muniz pre-season training in the yellow team is performing at the Marbella Football Center this week. "This is a great opportunity to continue growing at a club and as competitive as the League championship," he said in his first words as a potter player.

The new keeper of AD Alcorcón, who arrives on loan through the network of clubs for our belongs, is 23 and comes from Charlton Athletic, and even before he joined the staff of the Hungarian Ujpest FC League. In addition, Dmitrovic was also in the ranks of Red Star Belgrade, Serbian historic team. The player has been "thrilled and happy to come to Spain and to know the Spanish competition."

Besides having played several matches for the Under-21 national team, Dmitrovic also has international experience with the U19. Likewise, the Serb has exalted the figure of his new teammates. "They are very close and friendly, I are facilitating integration into the team." The flamboyant potter player reaches Spain and the language says he understands, but he will "gradually".

The AD Alcorcón welcomes Marko Dmitrovic, who would want the biggest hits with the pottery elastic and announced that the player will be officially unveiled in the coming days."
  • No way? I don't believe that!
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-marko-dmitrovic-ad-alcorcon-2574521.aspx

"Greg Stubley reports

Marko Dmitrović has joined Spanish Segunda División side AD Alcorcón on a season-long loan, the club announced on Monday afternoon.

The Serbian keeper arrived from Ujpest in January and made his Charlton debut away at Wolverhampton Wanderers where he kept a clean sheet as the Addicks drew 0-0 in Guy Luzon's first match in charge.

The 23-year-old went on to play the next three matches before first-choice stopper, Stephen Henderson, returned from injury, but he was called upon once more before the end of the season, in the 2-1 away win at Cardiff City, where he came off the bench to help the Addicks secure an valuable three points.

The former Watford trialist was in the Czech Republic this summer representing Serbia U21s in the European U21 Championships. He made three appearances including a start in the 1-1 draw against Germany U21s.

Despite Serbia's elimination from the group stages of the competition, the stopper impressed and was a highlight for the nation during the championships.

Prior to his move to The Valley, Dmitrović started his career at Red Star Belgrade, a side that won the European Cup in 1991, before transferring to Hungarian side Ujpest in 2013, where he made 12 appearances in two years.

At his new club, Dmitrović will hope to inspire Alcorcón to a top-table finish after they came 11th in the league last season."
  • Will he be the first player to complete a grand slam of network clubs played for?

Good luck in Spain.

Thats at least three players who have been with more than two Network clubs now?

Reza Ghoochanniejad... St Truden / Standard Liege / Charlton
    Loic Nego... Standard Liege / Charlton / Ujpest
    Marko Dmitrovic... Ujpest / Charlton / Alcorcon
  • with henderson comfirming hes having an operation this must mean dillon phillips being recalled
  • Sponsored links:

• This is a pity especially given Henderson's shoulder problems .. I don't see pope as yet being up to the rigours of regular Championship football .. I really hope that I am wrong
  • Not sure if it is a good or bad thing playing for a network club. On one hand you'll get an easy chance to go somewhere else if something doesn't work out, but it also means you get shipped about all over the shop in quite an obscure manner which can't be good for someone's long term career.
  • either the lad has insisted on first team football, or Starprix rate him and want to get him 1st team football to increase his value.

Makes sense for player and owner, not so sure for Charlton (unless it is genuinely felt that Pope is better, which i'm not convinced they do).
  • Saw him playing for Serbian U21s a few weeks ago and wasn't that impressed.
  • A short term loan on to sit on the bench while hendo is out?? Would be counterproductive to recall Phillips from his loan and not sure Mitov is ready yet..
  • Still can't believe he is 23!
  • Disappointed with this, leaves us with just Pope as the only first team keeper for our tough opening month, unless we are bringing in another decent keeper or Henderson is going to be back and fully fit quicker then we thought, seems like bad business for us.
  • Can he be recalled if necessary?
  • Reckon it means we're buying a new no1
  • iainment said:

Can he be recalled if necessary?

It's necessary now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we buy a centre back who is decent in goal but can also play up front and off the front man, and is a quite good winger. And never gets injured.
  • Why can't we be sponsored by a massive elephant?
  • I think it goes to show the faith that the management have in Pope. I think Pope will be fine. Gives out third choice keeper an opportunity to play first team football.
  • Valley11 said:

Can we buy a centre back who is decent in goal but can also play up front and off the front man, and is a quite good winger. And never gets injured.

Stevie Brown won't let you down (can't see him on the wing, mind).
  • Taylor (goalkeeper), released by Leeds, training with us know
  • I think it's only fair, that the young lad is given a chance :smile:
  • Once saw a game at The Valley where Brian Kinsey had to take over in goal.
  • I personally have no concerns with pope filling in for Hendo.............
  • Good luck Marco, thanks for the memories.
  • Valley11 said:

Can we buy a centre back who is decent in goal but can also play up front and off the front man, and is a quite good winger. And never gets injured.

Stevie Brown won't let you down (can't see him on the wing, mind).
    Steve Gritt then.