Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Illuminati

edited August 2015 in Rumours
Does anyone on here believe in this?

If so why? I don't get the whole illuminati thing but with so many millions saying it exists, it does get you wondering...

*Posted in rumours as rumour has it, Franck Moussa has been taken by the Illuminati*

Comments

• Moussa belongs not in the 'Ill' but Injury-luminati .. get well soon Franck
  • Just wait until all trace of this thread disappears....
  • Without doubt the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. I remember someone trying to convince me once that there was a genuine cure for cancer which was being withheld by the "Illuminati". It was at that point I gave up on humanity.
  • They're just CL Clique wannabes
  • Chunes said:

They're just CL Clique wannabes

With badges....
  • Without doubt the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. I remember someone trying to convince me once that there was a genuine cure for cancer which was being withheld by the "Illuminati". It was at that point I gave up on humanity.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is an element of truth in that, there's a lot of money to be made in peoples pain and suffering
  • Never bothered to ever check what it was all about, knowing it must be bollocks anyway. So just did some quick googling to enlighten myself.

Ignoring the bullshit, facts seem to be that the illuminati did exist once upon a time over 300 years ago and was banned by the German State. It was set up because the German state and Catholic church were preventing citizens getting too much knowledge flowing from the "age of enlightenment" and "secret societies" existed to escape the control of the State, not to be part of the establishment.

So it's aims were in direct opposition to the current idea that it is a secret society of leaders keeping us in the dark.

No chance we have any weirdos on CL who believe in the illuminati.....are there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty sure it used to exist (and maybe still does - but underground). Anyone interested should read this - by Robert Anton Wilson (one of my favourite authors) - The Illuminatus Trilogy. Little bit dated now and a mix of facts and fiction. Hilarious in places.
  • Never bothered to ever check what it was all about, knowing it must be bollocks anyway. So just did some quick googling to enlighten myself.

Ignoring the bullshit, facts seem to be that the illuminati did exist once upon a time over 300 years ago and was banned by the German State. It was set up because the German state and Catholic church were preventing citizens getting too much knowledge flowing from the "age of enlightenment" and "secret societies" existed to escape the control of the State, not to be part of the establishment.

So it's aims were in direct opposition to the current idea that it is a secret society of leaders keeping us in the dark.

No chance we have any weirdos on CL who believe in the illuminati.....are there?

Ask Leroy if you want to find out more ;0)
  • shine166 said:

Without doubt the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. I remember someone trying to convince me once that there was a genuine cure for cancer which was being withheld by the "Illuminati". It was at that point I gave up on humanity.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is an element of truth in that, there's a lot of money to be made in peoples pain and suffering
    Even more money, and kudos, to be made curing it.

How people can give the idea the slightest credence is beyond me.
    That's cute.
  • edited August 2015
    It's all to do with Cecil Rhodes -
    Jordan Rhodes is his great great nephew and likely to be in the know. I met him once at work and he said hello, very suspicious I thought to myself so I made the secret eye symbol and he smiled knowingly. The next day it was all over the papers that Hull wanted him. Now we all know they are owned by Egyptians --- pyramids... money -----you've seen them on dollar bills.
  • We don't exist, it's a load of tosh.
  • It's all to do with Cecil Rhodes -

And look at the outcry on social media, clearly orchestrated by the Illumaniti, when Cecil the lion was killed.

• Have you lot never seen the matrix?
  • Sponsored links:

• People roped in by 16 year old teenagers making YouTube videos about the illuminati on their parents internet connection after they've beat their meat too much.

• The more dope you smoke, the more you believe.
  • Yean and reptilians
  • shine166 said:

Without doubt the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. I remember someone trying to convince me once that there was a genuine cure for cancer which was being withheld by the "Illuminati". It was at that point I gave up on humanity.

Probably says a lot about you then!
  • Oh shit..that means George Osbourne is in control...we're all screwed!!

• Millions of Americans believe they've been abducted by aliens. They're batshit crazy - just like people who believe that 'The Illuminati' exists in any way, shape or form. Are there extremely powerful people who shape the destiny of the world? Yes. Does it have anything to do with 'secret societies'? No.

I bet you follow the velominati (sic) though!