Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andre Gray

Bristol City have had a bid accepted for £9million... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Comments

• #desperate.
  • What's the rest of their team like? All their eggs in one basket?
  • Would fund some good players for Brentford
  • He's a good player, but paying £9m for a player is stupid, stupid, stupid! As if the Dwight Gayle bid of £6m wasn't enough, they have a worse player now who cost 50% more! At least he is unlikely to turn them down...?
  • Brizzle sticking two fingers up to financial fair play
  • That's just crazy.
  • What if they bid £9m for Tony Watt tomorrow?

Bye bye Tony?
  • Who owns Bristol City? They just been taken over?
  • I know I've been known for over egging Charlton players valuations in the past ,but Andre Gray has got got one heck of an agent, 9 million ... you're having a giraffe.
  • Sponsored links:

• A few people own City but mainly Steve Lansdowne of Hargreaves Lansdowne the financial brokers.

Bye bye Tony?

We would be silly to turn it down; TWWW would be silly to accept the move! If he did go, we could buy Delort, Bahebeck, and Henry!
  • incredible ... FFP, you're having a laugh

Bye bye Tony?

I'd say Thanks Tony, wish him luck at Bristol City & buy 3 other decent players with the money
  • Anyone else think he's a dead ringer for det. Leander Sydnor from the wire?
  • edited August 2015
    stonemuse said:

incredible ... FFP, you're having a laugh

It's not surprising, when instead of slapping a £60M fine on QPR, they decide to negotiate !

Absurd. It's little different to a judge or magistrate, finding someone guilty and then negotiating the sentence.

PS If I were Brentford I'd be strongly encouraging Gray to go, with a large golden handshake if necessary.
  • This will end in tears. They are a small club trying to act above their station in life. Almost embarrassing and desperate. I look forward to bankruptcy and admin in a couple of years when they are still not in the prem.
  • stonemuse said:

incredible ... FFP, you're having a laugh

It's not surprising, when instead of slapping a £60M fine on QPR, they decide to negotiate !

Absurd. It's little different to a judge or magistrate, finding someone guilty and then negotiating the sentence.

PS If I were Brentford I'd be strongly encouraging Gray to go, with a large golden handshake if necessary.
    And Luton. Due a seven figure sum if this deal goes through.
  • He's not even very good
  • edited August 2015

He's not even very good

Agreed... Was rubbish against us when we won 3-0 and could have been sent off for letting Ben-Haim wind him up
  • Sponsored links:

• Should have been sent off for cracking Roger Johnson's ribs.
  • Average Championship player. £9M is crazy money and if the bid is serious then frankly I would turn down £9M for Watt and demand £15M. !!!

They can have World Cup wonder boy Reza for £9M though and we would throw in Bikey and Harriet for nowt to go with him.
  • Bristol City have had a bid accepted for £9million... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Puts the £3.5m we got for Gomez into perspective...

• No no no Afka. It was a lot more. Some people have said so, although none have named a source.
  • Worlds gone mad
  • edited August 2015
  • MrOneLung said:

No no no Afka. It was a lot more. Some people have said so, although none have named a source.

Ollywozere said it wasn't a true figure and he is coms at cafc
  • edited August 2015
    Krazy... Bristol City seem to do this every now and then. I'd never give Cotterill the cheque book. Him and Davies shouldn't be allowed near player acquisition.

When you can get Adam Le Fondre for a loan fee and wages, get your pace elsewhere.

Anyone remember Ade Akinbyi, Tony Thorpe and Soren Andersen? God they lucked out on Akinbyi. Good season but 3.5 mill???? Then Wolves to Leicester.