Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    cafc-west said:

dickplumb said:

cafc-west said:

Given that this is (allegedly) a rumours thread...any rumours about the player that Luzon mentioned may, or may not, be incoming before (or not) the Rotherham game?

Colin reckons Kevin Nolan. But I can't see anywhere that Ketts has said that.
    I wouldn't mind Nick Powell on loan.
    Nolan supposedly training with Orient - but suspect that's more because of location. Think, at 33, he could still do a job for us. I realise that opinion is very split on that!
    If you were talking about last season I might have agreed but I don't think we currently need him. Better to spend any money we have elsewhere. Not a slight on Nolans ability to do a job more that we are well covered in this area.

• Options
    cafc-west said:

dickplumb said:

cafc-west said:

Given that this is (allegedly) a rumours thread...any rumours about the player that Luzon mentioned may, or may not, be incoming before (or not) the Rotherham game?

Nolan supposedly training with Orient - but suspect that's more because of location. Think, at 33, he could still do a job for us. I realise that opinion is very split on that!
    He could, but if budget is as stretched as KM says it is then I'd rather we spend elsewhere, i.e left wing, especially as we have good options at CM.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

dickplumb said:

cafc-west said:

wouldnt get in the team ahead of kashi, ba and cousins. Then there's jacko who's already in that elder statesman role.
  • Options
    I read that Nolan only training with the O's to keep fit as he's mates with the manager/coach

still wants a prem club, he was on £50k a week at the Hammers

no chance he'll come to us and don't think I'd want him anyway
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

cafc-west said:

I'd rather have Nolan than Powell. Powell has a reputation for having a shocking attitude. Ferguson didn't like him, they sent him back from Leicester and it seems like he has timekeeping and disciplinary issues wherever he goes. Nolan on the other hand is a lot like Jackson. Represents the manager on the pitch and shows up with goals. If Nolan is willing to take a low wage and rotate in and out of the squad much like Jacko does then he'd be a great addition. Powell has talent but I don't know if I'd want to drop any of our centre mids for him, and from his previous I don't think he'd fancy working his way into the team
  • Options
    From facebook

Sue Parkes is the wife of the club secretary Chris Parkes

-----------------------------------------------

Harry Hough replied · 2 Replies

Scott Tulloch There's been no official word on Tucadean though
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Harry Hough Well his contract at the club he was on loan at got cancelled and he's still contracted with Charlton so must be retuning to Charlton soon
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Sue Parkes Scott, Tucadean can't come back and play for Charlton before the January transfer window.
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Scott Tulloch So he's back then Sue?
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Sue Parkes Harry he was on an International loan, that means that his contract with Charlton had to be cancelled with the English FA. The club he went to had to re register him with the FA in their country therefore he cannot come back to us outside of the transfer window.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 17 hrs

Harry Hough Oh alright thanks for that information Sue
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Andy Macca McConville How does that work Sue when we are his parent club..
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Scott Tulloch So if his contract with us was cancelled he's a free agent?
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Sue Parkes No he's not Scott. The Club he went to (I can't think of the name) could if Charlton agreed loan him to another club in their country at present but they can't send him back to us as that would constitute another international loan which as I said above can't now take place until the next transfer window in January.

Scott Tulloch Steanu Bucharest

Sue Parkes Thanks Scott. I wrote a post a few days ago about Tucadean and remembered it then but today it had gone completely out of my head. Must be getting old.
    Like · Reply · 17 hrs

• Options
    yep, might come back and train with us, but he's registered in another country until january.
  • Options
    Wouldn't we be better off getting him loaned out in Romania just to get him game time and put him in the shop window ? Even if it meant paying all his wages which we are anyway. Better that than letting him cruise through until January at Sparrows.
  • Options
    Nolan will surely bide his time until Allardyce gets a new job. Norwich, QPR, somewhere like that.

Don't see where Nick Powell would fit in.

Bennett at least can play in a position we need to cover (left mid) but is a bit defensive for my liking. Is he a better bet than Bergdych?

Our other weak spot is right back but can't see a Premier League player coming to be Solly's deputy.

Could it be Samuelson, from West Ham?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nick powell anyone?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Wouldn't we be better off getting him loaned out in Romania just to get him game time and put him in the shop window ? Even if it meant paying all his wages which we are anyway. Better that than letting him cruise through until January at Sparrows.

@FannyFanackapan wouldn't allow that anyway SHG she'd have him pruning bushes :blush:
  • Options
    This thread was halfway down page two !!!!!!!

We have been pretty much told by GL that we have a player nearly over the line.

Must be a bit of inside knowledge somewhere ?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

premiership loan coming in this week could cost us up to 2 mill ?

Blimey O'Reilly. Apparently Reading have paid £2.5mill for Vydra's loan. A player like him could be very tasty.
  • Options
    What sites? Source would be good for this one Colin.
  • Options
    So £2mill for a loan which if I remember correctly can only last a Max of 3 months?
  • Options
    The glint in Luzon's eye when he said (post-match interview) 'I know *exactly* who I want to sign' - maybe a player he's seen first-hand? Would love to get Samuelson from West-Ham - he looked unbelievably good in the friendly, and their fans rave about him.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Sunderland sites are saying Adam Johnson is heading our way ??????

Get the popcorn ready then. On trial February next year in Bradford Crown Court for child sex and grooming offences
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So £2mill for a loan which if I remember correctly can only last a Max of 3 months?

If we wait a few weeks (until 92 days before the January window) we can extend the loan in the next window.

Seems odd that we didn't/couldn't pay a fee for Henry but are willing to pay £2m for a loan but sure it will all be "undisclosed".
  • Options
    NO CHANCE of Adam Johnson coming here. Nothing to do with his current court case just that Sunderland actually need him!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Source from another fan

Before anyone shoots the messenger, I do not claim to be in the know here, but I have heard, from a mutual friend from Sunderland, formed after the play off final,that Adam Johnson is coming to play left wing. I have no idea if he made the squad today or even the 25 man squad, but it does appear a few others on the Sunderland forum are saying the same. Again do not claim to be in the know. Personally, cant see our funds stretching to that, but stranger things have happened. On his day, he I a match winner. Lets also not forget that hs has not been found guilty of anything yet. If an element of truth exists in this, I will be happy.

Adam Johnson is more of a left footed right winger like JBG.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

If you go by rumours and whispers the. It's one of three Johnson, Bennett or the young player from WHU

What about Johnson and the young player? ;-)
  • Options
    Will not be Johnson as for one he aint match fit also Sunderland need him and i cannot find diddly shit on Sunderland forums regarding any loan to us, finally what Henry Irving said.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!