Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hands Up Whose Having Bacon This Weekend?

True, or more scare stuff from the media, they love to pick on the nations favourites, i don't find these findings enough to put me off eating meat, i wonder if its a political driven agenda.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11950018/Bacon-ham-and-sausages-as-big-a-cancer-threat-as-smoking-WHO-to-warn.html

Comments

• Kermit the frog and David Cameron possibly!
  • Ed Miliband?
  • Looks like I'm in trouble then. I had bacon and sausages yesterday. Washed down with beer (which also kills apparently) :)
  • Whatever... I don't eat 20 rashers of bacon a day.
  • Been known for years that processed red meats are bad, with cancer causing additives to pig waste. The dumbest consumers will of course fight back by eating more of it. Personally i will continue to moderate my intake and hope for a free NHS bed when my time comes.
  • The danger limit suggested is pretty high - about 25 rashers a week so nothing much to worry about
  • Sponsored links:

• bacon and haggis rolls for breakfast tomorrow.

PS I'll be having a cigarette on the way to the station after that.
  • Here is the list of 19 leading risk factors last published by WHO. No mention of eating red meat here, must have just discovered it's a risk. A militant vegetarian probably got onto the board.

High blood pressure, Tobacco use, High blood glucose, Physical inactivity, Overweight and obesity, High cholesterol, Unsafe sex,Alcohol use, Childhood underweight, Indoor smoke from solid fuels, Unsafe water, sanitation, hygiene, Low fruit and vegetable intake Suboptimal breastfeeding, Urban outdoor air pollution, Occupational risks, Vitamin A deficiency, Zinc deficiency, Unsafe health-care injections, Iron deficiency

So if I:-

Have low blood pressure
    Don't smoke
    Have low blood glucose
    Run every day
    Not overweight
    Low cholesterol
    Only have sex with myself
    Was a bouncing baby
    Only light the fire under a chimney
    Drink Evian water
    Have a toilet indoors
    Wash my hands after i go to the loo
    Eat loads of fruit and vegetables
    Am frequently at the breast
    Live in the country
    Don't work with sharp paper clips
    Take vitamin tablets
    Ask the doctor to use clean needles
    Eat loads of spinach

Am i still going to die soon if i have a bacon sarnie every day?
  • Without wishing to scare you @Dippenhall yes, yes you will die
  • I will be having some rump
  • edited October 2015
    Addicted said:

Id rather enjoy my life than live to 150 and eat allbran

See that's an interesting approach.

I'd happily (from now) adopt a boring, sterile approach and get to 85, than live a selfishly amazeballs life that fantastically ended at 60.

No idea whether that's the general approach or not, i suspect most people would be happier given the chance living the fantastic life and croaking their clogs at 60 having lived in the big house, loads of money driving the fast car, had amazing holidays and met the beautiful ladies.
  • Addicted said:

I'd happily (from now) adopt a boring, sterile approach and get to 85 and spend extended time with my family i adore, than live a selfishly amazeballs life that fantastically ended at 60.

No idea whether that's the general approach or not, i suspect most people would be happier given the chance living the fantastic life and croaking their clogs at 60 having lived in the big house, loads of money driving the fast car, had amazing holidays and met the beautiful ladies.
    You wanna cut out the delayed train beer sessions then!!!!
  • I am but my name is David Cameron...

(for all left wing leaning amigos on CL)
  • Addicted said:

I'd happily (from now) adopt a boring, sterile approach and get to 85 and spend extended time with my family i adore, than live a selfishly amazeballs life that fantastically ended at 60.

You wanna cut out the delayed train beer sessions then!!!!
    Gimme one vice chief, i beg ya :-)

• Addicted said:

Well I dont have any of that...
  • The mortality rate from breathing is 100%

You probably ought to suck a peppermint :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• WHO'S !!!!!!! The grammar police are on to you ;-)
  • sralan said:

WHO'S !!!!!!! The grammar police are on to you ;-)

You should get your blood pressure tested
  • edited October 2015
    i've tried a patch to wean me off of sausages but keep bumping into things on my left hand side.
  • My bacon cheeseburger is currently the highlight of match days I'm not giving that up
  • My bacon cheeseburger is currently the highlight of match days I'm not giving that up

Quite right too, there aren't any other highlights.
  • Addicted said:

I'd happily (from now) adopt a boring, sterile approach and get to 85, than live a selfishly amazeballs life that fantastically ended at 60.

But deep that. F*** off AFKA
  • edited October 2015
    Addicted said:

I'd rather eat cardboard than Allbran.

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

Although, of course, the bloke that wrote those lyrics is going to be 70 this year....
  • Addicted said:

Pissed?
  • Talal said:

Addicted said:

Pissed?
    In Sunny Sidcup we say gratified