Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesbrough v Charlton | Sat 31 Oct | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Toss. Give. Don't. A.

2-0 loss looks like a victory.
  • I'll go out on a limb and say we'll get one, but a loss still looks inevitable. 3-1 Boro.
  • It's the "New manager bounce" we are after.

However in pure Charlton stylie I expect a

"Groan release plop and flush" affair
  • I think there's a shock result here. I think we'll only lose by two.
  • Its going to be painful. 6-0 Boro
  • 6-0 to Boro. Glad once this game is out of the way.
    MK Dons game will define the season.
  • If we lose and I see a smiling face on a player, I would want to punch it.
  • 4-1 Boro
    They are miles ahead of us
  • Redrobo said:

If we lose and I see a smiling face on a player, I would want to punch it.

Don't worry Redrobo. KF says we'll be tougher from now on
  • Sponsored links:

• KF says it all in his "press conference" about becoming hard to beat. Fully expecting 10 men behind the ball at all times but we'll succumb to Boro's quality. 0-2 and the winless streak goes on.

Come on Charlton, please prove me wrong.
  • 2-1 Boro, match thread from 2 pm.
  • Judging from the press conference the onus is on us being tough to beat again. I can even see us scoring up there. But once the resistance is broken I fear we will capitulate like last week. 4-1 to Middlesbrough and Katrien has a big smile as the 4th goes in.
  • Boro will win, the score is irrelevant
  • 2-1 Boro, match thread from 2 pm.

You're a glutton for punishment, RM. I admire your attitude.Please excuse me if I don't log in tomorrow (though I reckon I probably will despite the way I feel).

Heavy defeat.

• Can't see past a heavy defeat. If we play like we have done the last two games, I can see them breaking records.
  • One thing is for sure we need the players to have a positive frame of mind and put whats happened in the last few games behind because they need confidence.
  • Be happy enough just to get a goal!
  • Charlton nick it 1-0 . Unfortunately...
  • A million nil to us
  • Sponsored links:

• Shades of last years capitulation again Watford.

A 5-0 hammering for Rolys traveling circus.

This. Middlesbrough is last years Watford. Expect Charlton Life to be in meltdown by 4.45pm
  • Shades of last years capitulation again Watford.

A 5-0 hammering for Rolys traveling circus.

This. Middlesbrough is last years Watford. Expect Charlton Life to be in meltdown by 4.45pm
    Nah, reckon we are all dosed up against it by now...
  • edited October 2015
    4-1 defeat. Bauer heading in for an early lead. We hold out until 87 mins, Karel takes a call from Roly who demands to know what the hell is going on and threatens him with the sack. Karel reacts by taking 4 players off without replacing them.
  • I'm predicting we'll have more than one goal on target.
    That's about all.
  • 4-2-3-1

Henderson
    Solly/Sarr/Bauer/Fox
    Diarra/JJ
    JBG/Reza/Cousins
    Mak

I know I have put Cousins on the left, but not as a winger, want him to do as JBG, and cross and cut in on his right foot, both JBG and Cousins support Mak and Reza. Unfortunately, I cannot see us winning, but maybe a draw.
  • BBC's thoughts.
  • Albeit very small thoughts.
  • edited October 2015
    ---------------Hendo

Little Chris - Big Pat - Big Nobby - Ginger Dog

---------------Big Al

---------Cousins ----- Jacko

IceBerg------------------------Moose

--------------Big Mak

Bench:
    Pope
    Holmes Dennis
    Bergdich
    Ba
    Lookman
    Gooche
    TWWW

1-2 Charlton. Big Mak from a corner against the run of play first half in one of only two attacks we muster all half. They have 92.7 % possession second half but cant find a way past the big 3 + Hendo until they score late to equalise.

Addicks hearts are broken and Gooche is brought on to waste time in the 90th minute as we desperately try to cling on for a point but unexpectedly he bags a late winner when a hacked clearance is misjudged by their defence and he runs clear on goal from inside his own half.

This is what Charlton do... they use you, abuse you, mistreat you and abandon you until you've convinced yourself it's time to give up... then... they pull a massive result out of nowhere and drag you right back in for more abuse.
  • The best thing to do is to avoid the result until MOTD is on. Then you fall asleep while Palace are on and wake up on Sunday still in blissful ignorance. Then avoid the result some more, then again the next day. Repeat.
  • I'm looking forward to an exciting match between two well matched, quality teams

Oh sorry, I thought this was the Rugby World Cup thread.