Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thank you + an update

Comments

• As someone who had a heart scare a year ago, and is now the proud owner of a single stent which seems to have sorted me out, I can feel for you and your fears. I was looked after brilliantly by wonderful NHS people, I sincerely hope you get the same level of care.

All the very,very best.

• Well done Red and good luck. And good luck to @MeebaumAzanitch
  • Thanks everyone. As I post just waiting to be knocked out and zapped.
  • Thanks everyone. As I post just waiting to be knocked out and zapped.

Good luck mate, you should be back with us in about 4 minutes
  • Been a bit of a delay. Waiting for anaesthetist. I they don't come soon I'll miss the Charlton Press Conference. Worrying times all round!
  • Good luck to both of you. Shame you can't hold the nurse's hand.... ;-)
  • All the best mate, look after yourself.
  • I am back now. Bit groggy. All went well. At the moment my pulse is averaging in the upper 50's. Told them the last time it was like that was in the womb. Thanks again.

keep ticking over and good luck
  • Sponsored links:

• I am back now. Bit groggy. All went well. At the moment my pulse is averaging in the upper 50's. Told them the last time it was like that was in the womb. Thanks again.

Good news @MeebaumAzanitch now take it easy and lets hope this time it stays in 'sinus'
  • I was a bit reluctant to add any more to this thread. Especially as its Red's Thread really (still don't know how to start my own thread. Also reluctant to add to the gloom after yesterday's result. Thanks Red and Seth for the match thread. Anyway my story so far. After coming home on Thursday I felt fine. Then in the evening after taking a beta blocker I started to feel dizzy. Took a reading and my blood pressure was low and my pulse was about 30. A ambulance was called. In the ambulance, I was sick and passed out. I came round while the paramedic was giving me CPR. Anyway now in hospital having had all sort of whistles and bells attached, including a temporary pacemaker inserted into my heart up through my groin. In my sleep I managed to pull out this pacemaker. Surprisingly not much blood around really. I am now waiting to be transferred to another hospital for a previously mentioned ablation followed by a temporary or permanent pacemaker, their choice. Anyway, thanks again Redmidland and others. And Red I feel as though I have queue-jumped you. Sorry.
  • @MeebaumAzanitch, good god mate sorry to hear this, do you know what your INR was before the Cardioversion this time? You haven't 'nicked' my thread at all, its a thread for all to read and add to and you have reason to do that in droves. I'm now thinking that I may look for another option, although I have been told that it is quite safe to have another cardioversion treatment. Glad you pulled through mate, perhaps an internallly fitted defibrillator (ICD) may be the answer? Good luck mate and keep us all informed of your progress.
  • REDMIDLAND: Don't know what my blood pressure was apart from 'high'. My pulse rate was 130. One of the reasons I was reluctant to update was I didn't want to put you off. Of course go for it again. But check that your medication is the same once you have had it done. I didn't and was unlucky. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
  • REDMIDLAND: Don't know what my blood pressure was apart from 'high'. My pulse rate was 130. One of the reasons I was reluctant to update was I didn't want to put you off. Of course go for it again. But check that your medication is the same once you have had it done. I didn't and was unlucky. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Ok @MeebaumAzanitch, Thanks I'll check medication, the INR I was talking about is the test I have to have every week being on Warfarin it needs to be between 2.5 and 3.5 (blood viscosity I think) if not they won't do the procedure. As a matter of interest how long did your previous reboots last?

Good luck mate, thinking of you
  • edited November 2015

I was a bit reluctant to add any more to this thread. Especially as its Red's Thread really (still don't know how to start my own thread. Also reluctant to add to the gloom after yesterday's result. Thanks Red and Seth for the match thread. Anyway my story so far. After coming home on Thursday I felt fine. Then in the evening after taking a beta blocker I started to feel dizzy. Took a reading and my blood pressure was low and my pulse was about 30. A ambulance was called. In the ambulance, I was sick and passed out. I came round while the paramedic was giving me CPR. Anyway now in hospital having had all sort of whistles and bells attached, including a temporary pacemaker inserted into my heart up through my groin. In my sleep I managed to pull out this pacemaker. Surprisingly not much blood around really. I am now waiting to be transferred to another hospital for a previously mentioned ablation followed by a temporary or permanent pacemaker, their choice. Anyway, thanks again Redmidland and others. And Red I feel as though I have queue-jumped you. Sorry.

Sorry to here you are unwell, you are certainly in the best possible hands so stay safe and get well soon, your situation sounds very similar to what happened to my wife and although she doesn't to think back to the day it ring so many bells with me. As some are aware my good lady became unwell a few years back, ironically after spending the day with Redmidland and his good lady at a dog show. After several operations and a mountain drugs taken daily she is well enough to enjoy life to the full again, but almost as important it gave us a perspective in life we found time to enjoy our lives together be it walking the dogs or going on holiday we made time to enjoy what we have. I afraid getting upset over remembering to switch the oven on or a poor Charlton performance pales into insignificance when I remember back to that day and if I need reminding there's a thread on CL I wrote at silly o'clock in the morning after leaving the hospital. But I believe in drawing a positive from any situation and from that day I decided to look after my lady the best way possible, selling up in London and moving down here eventually quitting my job and finding one locally means we spend a lot more time enjoying each other's company. Both you and Red will get well enough to enjoy life to the full, surround yourself with loved ones and enjoy it.........
  • I see. Well I refused Warfarin, too much messing about. I have rivaxoban which they said is a more recent drug and easier to regulate. Don't know how true that is. My 1st on was done on I think 15th September. Which shall we say lasted till 10th October. Went back in to hospital and had another one done on 12th October. Then whilst an outpatient had the third one on 21st October. Then because of me not checking if my medication had altered was back in that night.
  • Thanks T.C.E. So true. I think the point my life has changed is going through CPR and what it means to everyone. My wife who witnessed it till they could usher her out of the ambulance. Even the paramedic (more so if he had failed) and of course me. The one thing that sticks in my mind is while in the emergency room I tried best I could to thank him wholeheartedly (sorry for that). He just said 'fine' and ran out.
  • Best wishes to both of you.
  • Yes, best wishes to both of you. :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Chuffed to bits for you.
  • @MeebaumAzanitch, glad all went well mate, but did you mean to put....There is so much pain, or not much pain? have a safe journey home and thanks for letting us know how it went. Take care
  • SORRY: I meant to say: NOT MUCH PAIN. Really the worse bit was when they put the monitoring patches on. They were bloody freezing.
  • Glad to hear you two are on the mend.
  • edited November 2015

SORRY: I meant to say: NOT MUCH PAIN. Really the worse bit was when they put the monitoring patches on. They were bloody freezing.

@MeebaumAzanitch Thanks mate, phew I'm glad about that. My next cardiologist appointment is 9th December, I'll find out then if I'm having my 2nd Cardioversion or the ablation. Not so scared now of the ablation after your report, so I'll go in open minded. I'll let you all know what happening when I know.
  • All the very best to you both and lets hope "our reds" give you both something to help you to full recovery!!! in the next few weeks.
  • Yes. The best of luck to both of you.
  • Very late catching up with this thread - wishing you both all the very best!
  • Glad things went well @MeebaumAzanitch. Hope it's plain sailing from here on.