Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joshua v Whyte

This ones bubbling up nicely

http://youtu.be/c6ggmmmJHSo

First decent test for Joshua on paper but I have a feeling he'll blast Whyte out pretty quickly

Comments

• Carter said:

How this is pay per view I will never know. Eddie Hearn and sky are taking the piss

This 100%. It would be a decent card for a sky Saturday fight night event but Hearn is taking the piss making this PPV 2 weeks after Klitchsko vs Fury. Just pure greed. Won't be paying
  • It won't last more than two rounds. If you're stupid enough to pay for this than you deserve to be ripped off.
    Whyte is an overweight bum that has bigger tits than Jordan.
    It's a joke of a fight.
  • Ridiculous that this is PPV.

I would ove it if Whyte won, just to spite Hearn, doubt it will last long though.
  • Don't fall for the hype. Crazy this is headlining an O2 show, let alone PPV.

Hearn has a good school of fighters on the bill. Not one of them is stepping up in their opponents, every single one fighting somewhere below them in the ratings, and a fair bit in some cases.
  • edited December 2015
    Joshua inside 1st round

the ring walks will last longer than the fight
  • He will either blast him out in a minute or it might be a bit cagey and not a lot happening for a couple of rounds

Either way its a Joshua ko

Hearn has a good school of fighters on the bill. Not one of them is stepping up in their opponents, every single one fighting somewhere below them in the ratings, and a fair bit in some cases.

To be fair, Joshua is only where he is in the WBC rankings due to money and hype talking.

That's not taking anything away from him being an absolute beast.

Neither he nor Whyte have faced a decent opponent as yet so agree re the PPV being a p*sstake. However, Hearn knows that Joshua is hot property at the moment and so is milking him like a cash cow.
  • Carter said:

How this is pay per view I will never know. Eddie Hearn and sky are taking the piss

Said virtually the same thing last night. Like most Hearn cards, there are a few half-decent names in what are generally one-sided fights. Not a PPV card in a million years.
  • Mitchell is fighting an unknown entity i would say. The rest are all straight forward. I am going but wouldn't pay for it any other way. Joke.
  • Sponsored links:

To be fair, Joshua is only where he is in the WBC rankings due to money and hype talking.

Neither he nor Whyte have faced a decent opponent as yet so agree re the PPV being a p*sstake. However, Hearn knows that Joshua is hot property at the moment and so is milking him like a cash cow.
    Joshua is where he is in the rankings due to the heavyweight division being so poor - nothing to do with hype in my view. I would back Joshua to beat Wilder or Fury.
  • Joshua would smash Fury (and anyone else) now in my opinion, he can't peak too soon though as Hearn has to milk him for all he's worth
  • Mitchell is fighting an unknown entity i would say. The rest are all straight forward. I am going but wouldn't pay for it any other way. Joke.

Not sure the rest are straightforward - I can see Bellew having a tough fight and possibly losing.

I'll be there as well but if not I would have probably paid for it on PPV - being the mug that I am!
  • Carter said:

This, Im not doing another PPV until its a bone fide match, world championship or the like, Sky and Hearn are totally mugging fight fans.
  • I don't think it warrants ppv but the counter argument is that it gives both fighters, particularly the less popular marketable ones like whyte a big pay day.

Going to the fight myself but would still shell out for it to watch at home if not. 7 hours of boxing albeit domestic level for under a score isn't bad particularly if it means the blokes getting in the ring get a bit of extra bunce.

Having said that I think I'll cancel sky sports soon as lost the champions league and many domestic games to BT, they scrapped ringside which I really enjoyed and many of their fights are now ppv so probably worth just paying for the ppv ones.

Also considering replacing sky sports with box nation with quadruple the content for half the price.
  • bobmunro said:

Don't fall for the hype. Crazy this is headlining an O2 show, let alone PPV.

Joshua is where he is in the rankings due to the heavyweight division being so poor - nothing to do with hype in my view. I would back Joshua to beat Wilder or Fury.
    I think hype plays a massive part. He hasn't fought anyone in the top 10 so how can he be judged to be higher ranked than them?

Don't get me wrong, I think he'd steamroller everyone put in front of him but that doesn't detract from the fact that he, as yet, hasn't fought anyone to propel him to that ranking.
  • Just watched the interview, Whyte is classless. 'Lets have it now' - who does he think he is? Delia?
    I hope AJ smashes him into retirement.
  • Whilst I think Joshua will turn out a worthy world champion in next couple of years and win comfortably on Saturday half the battle seems to get the promoters and tv companies on side.

Whyte and Joshua have pretty similar records with Whyte beating him a life time ago in the ams yet from the hype you'd assume Joshua had been fighting at world level for the past 2 years when he hasn't really fought anyone of real note bar Johnson, 47 year old skelton and sprott who were past their best.

Similarly it was criminal how sky sports completely ignored James de gales title defence against bute on "Fury weekend" when it turned out to be an epic tear up with both fighters goingffor it to the last bell. It got as much advertising and promotion as a a Charlton highlights package.

It's a business and some are better at it than others.

Couldn't agree more.

In fairness it did sell out really quickly, which is probably why it's a PPV.

The Chris Eubank Jr V Spike O'Sullivan might be interesting, but again a sky plused last night watching whilst eating the toast level of interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whilst I think Joshua will turn out a worthy world champion in next couple of years and win comfortably on Saturday half the battle seems to get the promoters and tv companies on side.

Whyte and Joshua have pretty similar records with Whyte beating him a life time ago in the ams yet from the hype you'd assume Joshua had been fighting at world level for the past 2 years when he hasn't really fought anyone of real note bar Johnson, 47 year old skelton and sprott who were past their best.

Similarly it was criminal how sky sports completely ignored James de gales title defence against bute on "Fury weekend" when it turned out to be an epic tear up with both fighters goingffor it to the last bell. It got as much advertising and promotion as a a Charlton highlights package.

Couldn't agree more.
    Heavyweights tend to be the biggest draw especially amongst the more casual boxing fans.
  • LenGlover said:

Whilst I think Joshua will turn out a worthy world champion in next couple of years and win comfortably on Saturday half the battle seems to get the promoters and tv companies on side.

Couldn't agree more.
    Heavyweights tend to be the biggest draw especially amongst the more casual boxing fans.
    Agree to an extent, but in the last couple of years I would say Froch Groves II and Mayweather Pacquiao attracted far more "casual fan" interest than any recent fight in the heavyweight division.
  • See I think even Eubank junior vs spike is not a pick em. Maybe that's what Hearn will say but I've seen both of them in action and Spike is very game and angry he has a punchers chance if im being kind.

As much as I don't like the man Frank Warren git away with this sort of show when he did one called magnificent 7. Some really good fights I think it was a Khan undercard. I didn't mind paying for that. This show is bollocks I'll pay if I'm not down the pub and I know it's only 16 quid but it's the principle. If people stop buying he'll have to up his game or stop putting dross cards on and trying to tell me it's worthy of ppv
  • Carter said:

See I think even Eubank junior vs spike is not a pick em. Maybe that's what Hearn will say but I've seen both of them in action and Spike is very game and angry he has a punchers chance if im being kind.

As much as I don't like the man Frank Warren git away with this sort of show when he did one called magnificent 7. Some really good fights I think it was a Khan undercard. I didn't mind paying for that. This show is bollocks I'll pay if I'm not down the pub and I know it's only 16 quid but it's the principle. If people stop buying he'll have to up his game or stop putting dross cards on and trying to tell me it's worthy of ppv

Hopefully you have now set up your stick Dan , it'll be on phoenix or NJM soccer or robocop no doubt.
  • Carter said:

See I think even Eubank junior vs spike is not a pick em. Maybe that's what Hearn will say but I've seen both of them in action and Spike is very game and angry he has a punchers chance if im being kind.

The magnificent 7 was just 4 or 5 domestic fights from memory, I don't think Khan was on it. Definitely no world title fight
  • edited December 2015
    The Magnificent 7 card consisted of three European title fights, two world-title eliminators, a British and Commonwealth title fight and a British title eliminator:

MATTHEW MACKLIN v SHALVA JOMARDASHVILI
    Vacant European Middleweight title

NATHAN CLEVERLY v KARO MURAT
    WBO light-heavyweight eliminator

SAM SEXTON v DEREK CHISORA
    British & Commonwealth Heavyweight titles

MATTHEW HALL v LUCAS KONECNY
    Vacant European Light-Middleweight titleKO)

KELL BROOK v MICHAEL JENNINGS
    WBO Welterweight eliminator

SENZO MACCARINELLI v ALEX FRENKEL
    European Crusierweight title

JAMES DEGALE v CARL DILKS
    WBA Intercontinental Super-Middleweight title
  • Enzo Maccrenelli suffered a brutal knock out if remember rightly. Only thing i can remember.
  • Enzo Maccrenelli suffered a brutal knock out if remember rightly. Only thing i can remember.

Indeed. The fight should have been stopped after the first knock down.
  • edited December 2015

Enzo Maccrenelli suffered a brutal knock out if remember rightly. Only thing i can remember.

Indeed. The fight should have been stopped after the first knock down.
    Mental to think he still going years later. He fights the carcass of Roy Jones Jnr on saturday in Moscow. He looked finished that night.