Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LVG

Few reports on Twitter that he has been sacked, Giggs interim manager until replacement has been found, Jose?

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Mourinho would be nailed on you'd think, unless they think they can get Pep.

Mourinho would seem a horrible choice to replace LVG though as he seems to have a lot of the same flaws that LVG has - prone to being too rigid tactically, prickly personality that can turn players against him and he's terrible at bringing through youngsters which has been major part of Man United's MO for as long as I can remember.
  • Would be very surprised to see Mourinho
  • If that is true I would bet a lot of money that they have already lined up Jose. Which means I will be very conflicted because I hate Man U but a Love Jose. Not in the biblical sense of couse!
  • These guys broke Mourinho going a couple of hours before Sky had it the other day and that Hiddink had taken over, which wasn't confirmed til day after.
  • Skybet has LvG as next manager to be sacked at 1/10.

I.e people in the know have lumped
  • Skybet has LvG as next manager to be sacked at 1/10.

I.e people in the know have lumped

Paddy Power got burnt the other day. They were offering Evens on Hiddink well after Twitter sites like transfer related had announced it.
  • Unless they think they can get Pep, then Giggs over Mourinho is very daft.

Yes, he might only last three years and might get a few FA wristslaps, but who out of the two would you back to turn them around and win a trophy or two?

They should get Mourinho in and back him in the Jan transfer window, I.personally think they could be a good centre back and striker away from being competitive in a poor season.
  • Unless they think they can get Pep, then Giggs over Mourinho is very daft.

Yes, he might only last three years and might get a few FA wristslaps, but who out of the two would you back to turn them around and win a trophy or two?

They should get Mourinho in and back him in the Jan transfer window, I.personally think they could be a good centre back and striker away from being competitive in a poor season.

Agree with this. Mourinho and a couple of players coming in and I think they could well win the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• If that is true I would bet a lot of money that they have already lined up Jose. Which means I will be very conflicted because I hate Man U but a Love Jose. Not in the biblical sense of couse!

Me too.Van Gaal you have won fCUK ALL.......ha ha.
  • Desperate_Pete bumped into his talking horses just this morning. He's got the scoop, but not telling!
  • It won't be Mourinho IMO. Can't see United hiring someone who doesn't wNt to bring youth through, has teams that mostly play boring football and wants to talk about himself every day. Giggs may get the job until season end and perhaps from there on, otherwise he will go elsewhere?
  • Pep wants the job. So does Mourinho. Barcelona all over again. I can see Mourinho winning this one with Pep at City next season.
  • City have got a plan for their youth, where as United haven't even replaced Brain Mcclair who was the head of their academy, so Pep for me will go to city next summer, and Mourinho likes spending money and bringing instant success, if united can't get him or Pep I think they are knackered.
  • Thing is they can get Mourinho, I'm just not sure they will.

They should though - I think Pep has agreed to go to City, Carlo Ancelotti, Klopp etc are spoken for, he's one world class manager (despite this season) available, and available now.

• Mourinho has come out saying that he hasnt agreed to take over from Van Gaal.

Pretty much a done deal then
  • Just a "but he would if asked...." hint from his agent I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mourinho will not go to Old Trafford. He would love to, but he won't be going there. I have that on very good authority. I hate it when someone else posts as arrogant as this.
    However, source is reliable so will wait and see.
  • If Ryan Giggs wasn't the Assistant Manager at Man Utd then I'd say for certain the Mourinho is their next Manager.

Because Giggs is there, I think everyone is right in saying that United don't have the bottle to get someone else ahead of him
  • Don't forget Diego Simone at Athletico Madrid. Has done wonders there. Most likely to end up at Chelsea due to player connections but he would be good at Man U
  • Don't forget Diego Simone at Athletico Madrid. Has done wonders there. Most likely to end up at Chelsea due to player connections but he would be good at Man U

I think Allegri will come into the picture as well - he's done a great job at Juventus.
  • sounds like he's in meltdown .. a long rambling news conference .. everyone's fault but his own .. an arrogant geezer who can't face criticism .. farewell Louis Louis .. hello José ? .. and Giggs ? .. do me a favour, couldn't manage a p u i a brewery .. let him stick to the Salford Boys
  • That news conference was a complete meltdown.
  • Dead man walking
  • edited May 2016
    Funny how people read it, I thought he was first class in this conference, didn't hear any of the brave press keyboard warriors say f all, enjoy your glass of wine and mince pie, touch of class.
  • Funny how people read it, I thought he was first class in this conference, didn't hear any of the brave press keyboard warriors say fuck all, enjoy your glass of wine and mince pie, touch of class.

He should acknowledge how awful the team is , however . There is no reason why then should be that bad