Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season's grumblings from all at VOTV

Comments

• What was he offering?

The entire ebsfleet squad to try and get a bit of quality in the side?
  • An offer of help or an offer for the club?
  • edited December 2015
  • Would so welcome Varney buying us, but sounds like it's got no chance. Must be his history with Murray causing issues but I still don't get why Murray is supporting these Belgian clowns. I thought he liked us?
  • Does Peter V still come to watch Charlton?
  • I have heard previously that there have been enquiries, but Richard Murray is the gatekeeper who will prevent approaches from certain quarters to Roland.
    In my opinion if there are approaches be they from Peter Varney or Jonathan Acworth or a Euromillions winner or even me then Roland has the right to hear about all of them.
    I subsequently heard that all interest had dwindled away.

• Sponsored links:

• The fact that banner is spelt wrong would annoy the hell out of me - couldn't have it!

Sounds like a good scoop though on Varney...
  • The Meire Out sign looks like a shit ransom note. Couldn't they even find the same font for the letters?
  • Soooooooo

This is what you hinted about on Christmas Eve, AB !

You could have given us a clue though....This would have been my dream come true.

However, surely knowledge of this would bring thousands more supporters on side with the protesters ?

Maybe a fund to enable every fan to be given a free copy of VOTV ?

I'd definitely contribute.
  • Always enjoy reading VOTV & now my son (8yo) is also an avid reader - thanks for all the effort that goes into this...
  • Does Peter V still come to watch Charlton?

When he can, he does.
  • edited December 2015
    Interesting.

There has to be a way out of this.
    Varney is the man.
    I'm sure if enough dosh is dangled in front of RM then any obstacles could be removed.
    PV is not silly, he is obviously going to try to buy CAFC (maybe with his Kuwaiti mates) at the most opportune financial moment - for me, i would suggest that is likely to be when we are in L1, when RD has lost interest in us (if he had any to begin with)- and is prepared to write off the 'project'.
    This is good news, and shows that there are people waiting in the wings waiting to get us out of this mess once the window arises.
    Maybe RD's experiment was good for us ? - get rid of debt, sort out the Valley, get the Youth development ontrack, and along comes a real fan to pick up the pieces when he gets bored with the experiment ? - obviously a simplistic view !
  • edited December 2015
    As an aside, i notice Ebbsfleet are not having a bad season-maybe in 2 seasons we could be in the same league....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/conference-south/table
  • Looking forward to receiving my copy.
  • Sponsored links:

• fairly certain their would have been more bids if the price had been right, that this could get very ugly is a big worry
  • kentred2 said:

Heard about this bid via an ex player a few months back; but not that Murray was an issue.
    So important because those that argued we had to stick with rd and km because there were no other options are plainly wrong.
    I cannot think of any reason why any supporter or Charlton supporting club employees or directors box hangers on should not push for new owners. Those that don't should now be seen as part of the problem too.
    Get them out by any means.

I usually agree with most of what you say, but support is not 'plainly wrong' as there has been a deafening silence regarding interested parties for most fans, and Duchatelet has seemed to be the only game in town.
  • smiffyboy said:

How comes RM has the power to stop PV why not contact him direct

Good question.
  • Stig said:

smiffyboy said:

Good question.
    There's a difference between power and influence.
  • On the basis RD likes to surround himself with so called trusted people( English interpretation pricks) then maybe RM is a trusted one.
  • Stig said:

smiffyboy said:

Good question.
    There's a difference between power and influence.
    Could Murray block a sale if he were not offered the same terms on his debt as he currently is?

• Which ex-player ?