Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lookman rumours

Comments

• even the esteemed 'thunderer', 'THE Times' (even if it aint quite wot it woz) has the Lookman to Spurs rumour .. either Spurs' well oiled PR machine is putting out feelers or Lookman's agent and advisers are doing likewise.
    Seeing what Spurs have done with (the couple of years older) Alli, this rumour could well become a fact very soon
  • edited January 2016
    "With the financial stability afforded to us by owner Roland Duchatelet, the club's long-term plan remains to produce the best young players possible and enjoy watching them fulfil their potential while wearing the red of Charlton at The Valley."

Richard Murray, Thursday, July 10, 2014 after Diego Poyet left on a free for West Ham.

Joe Gomez since sold at the first serious offer after 21 games for the first team at the age of 18.

Ademola Lookman about to be sold after less than 10 games for the first team at the age of 18.
  • colin1961 said:

The big plus is that Lookman himself as said he not interested in a move and wants to become better player with us ........ Now he just has to stand up to his agent

He told you this did he?

He doesn't really have to stand up to his agent does he? He could just get rid of him. Nobody is forcing Lookman to sign for anybody.
  • Not even a year ago Lookman was playing park Football for Waterloo FC... Does he even have an agent

Most likely it will be his Dad representing him!!
  • I suggest his dad needs a 'kick up the arse' and take a reality check then. These 'big' clubs can afford to take a chance one any youngster that starts to show any promise..........do they care if he doesn't make it NO they will just get rid and try another one!
    This really gets me.............
  • Let's just say he does leave, what about him back for the rest of the season and Alex Pritchard on loan. Obviously on top of a fee as well but I think that'd be a fairly good deal for us.
  • Let's just say he does leave, what about him back for the rest of the season and Alex Pritchard on loan. Obviously on top of a fee as well but I think that'd be a fairly good deal for us.

Good deal for the Belgians.

I wonder how little we'll see of any money.

That's what I'm trying to say, anything that can help on the pitch I'll take. Can't exactly cash in on a loan player.

I'd take Pritchard over Lookman right now to be honest

Maybe all of it, but gambled on young players like Sarr.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pritchard is still recovering from the ankle knock he picked up playing for England U21s in the summer.

Its a shame as we all expected to see him play a big role in the first XI this season.
  • edited January 2016

Not even a year ago Lookman was playing park Football for Waterloo FC... Does he even have an agent

Most likely it will be his Andy Delort's Dad representing him!!

Make it an 18 month loan and you're on.
  • Pretty depressing stuff bringing through young players. 5 good games and there off to sit in the reserves of the top 6

But you're a customer, what makes you think you can comment on how a football club is run?

If you go to a restaurant do you ask about the young chef who's just moved to a bigger establishment? No you don't.

Eat your badly cooked food and be happy you have somewhere to eat thanks to McDuchatelet.
    Changed it for you.
  • I think blaming agents is a bit daft, it is the ridiculously unbalanced money in football that drives kids to the PL not some agent. Take agents out, clubs would just approach players direct. This is the tech age, not like it is difficult to get in touch with someone is it.

Hope he stays and our Chairman goes instead but if he leaves I hope we get top dollar for him. I know we won't see the money I am just bored of us being easy targets. £10M plus add ons. He is easily as good as Walcott/Ox at the same age.
  • Can we have Jon Obika in exchange?
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 12m12 minutes ago
    #cpfc linked with Ademola Lookman move in The Times today. Have definitely watched him. #cafc

Here we go .....
  • Haven't we been told over the past 3 months that every PL club has watched him at underage level and then again in the first team?
  • To be honest, if you look at it dispassionately (and it's hard) I can't really blame Lookman if he takes the opportunity to join a big club. Sure he'll get more first team experience here, but at his age it's his development that's most important and that requires more than just playing minutes in the Championship in a terrible team under a vastly under qualified manager. Arsenal, Spurs & Southampton have all demonstrated that they have a strong development path that can lead to regular first team football for the youngsters they sign. I think any of our fans saying "what's the point in him going when he'll just sit on the bench when he could be playing first team football for us" are clutching at straws. And that's without even considering the financial inducement.
  • edited January 2016
    ALL Premier League clubs are aware of every talented youngster not just in England but probably worldwide. There is a big pool to choose from and a lot of very talented young men will be bypassed because there is someone just a little bit better somewhere else. The knack for a club like CAFC is to pick up the 'just not quite good enoughs' and turn rough diamonds into polished stones.
    So .. if/when we sell Lookman, the issue will be finding someone nearly as good who has been bypassed by the 'expert scouts and coaches' at bigger clubs. e.g. a Jamie Vardy
  • Sponsored links:

• Due to the new rules home players are at a premium. This means that any young kid who looks a bit special will gain interest from the big boys. This is a point where clubs like Palace, West Brom or Leicester could grab him. It is a risk, but the possible return is worth the risk, and if they leave it, he could go out of their reach. In terms of the big clubs, they have so much money a few million on a few punts doesn’t matter and they will buy a few in the hope that one or two turn out to be gems. Hence the size of Chelsea’s squad.

As for the player. You only have to look at Poyet to see that if they are playing, they are best staying! The money will look after itself if the young player develops his game. Too many chase the big bucks and end up in the lower leagues. Poyet is coming to us to get his career back on track. Imagine what he might have achieved had he stuck with us!
  • Bubble said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 12m12 minutes ago
    #cpfc linked with Ademola Lookman move in The Times today. Have definitely watched him. #cafc

Here we go .....

Of course he'll go to Palace. Pardew loves buying strikers.
  • edited January 2016

"With the financial stability afforded to us by owner Roland Duchatelet, the club's long-term plan remains to produce the best young players possible and enjoy watching them fulfil their potential while wearing the red of Charlton at The Valley."

Richard Murray, Thursday, July 10, 2014 after Diego Poyet left on a free for West Ham.

Joe Gomez since sold at the first serious offer after 21 games for the first team at the age of 18.

Ademola Lookman about to be sold after less than 10 games for the first team at the age of 18.

Is he really though?
  • colin1961 said:

Ross said:

Bubble said:

Here we go .....

Gayle in part exchange
    Like our owners could negotiate that one, we'd probably get £3.50 and Marcus Gayle.
  • se9addick said:

colin1961 said:

Ross said:

Bubble said:

Here we go .....

Gayle in part exchange
    Like our owners could negotiate that one, we'd probably get £3.50 and Chris Gayle.
    Fixed it for you!!
  • se9addick said:

colin1961 said:

Ross said:

Bubble said:

Here we go .....

Gayle in part exchange
    Like our owners could negotiate that one, we'd probably get £3.50 and Marcus Gayle.
    Or Tony as cover till Bauer comes back.
  • Brad Pinard ‏@Brad_Pinard 3h3 hours ago
    Karel Fraeye told me last month that Ademola Lookman will definitely be a #CAFC player after the January window. Interest has grown. #THFC