Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester

Comments

• They've taken 72 points from their last 33 league games.
  • Would love to see Leicester do it, I still don't think they will but a top four place is almost guaranteed now though.
  • Next two are City & Arsenal away.

Get through those and after that, their run is: Norwich, WBA, Watford, Newcastle, Palace, Southampton, Sunderland, West Ham and Swansea. Followed by Man U, Everton and Chelsea on the last day.

I can't see them losing too many. I hope they do it.
  • They need to avoid defeat against Man City (Aguero could be injured) and Arsenal... manage that and they're in with a shout, trouble is they need to be top come those final three games too, for them to win it, its going to go down to the wire, yet I hope not as means Leicester wont get to lift the trophy at their ground
  • edited February 2016
    How the fuck is that not a penalty for the tackle on Okazaki after Leicester's Barca impression? That's one of the worst decisions I've ever seen - I can only think the ref got confused by the speed the ball was moving at or was still admiring the little flick on the edge of the area

Cracking football
  • Next two are City & Arsenal away.

Get through those and after that, their run is: Norwich, WBA, Watford, Newcastle, Palace, Southampton, Sunderland, West Ham and Swansea. Followed by Man U, Everton and Chelsea on the last day.

I can't see them losing too many. I hope they do it.

That last day is a bit tough for them, anyone would swear it was a conspiracy....
  • edited February 2016
    I'v been writing Leicester off all season, i can't believe i was watching us beating them home and away that long ago.Would love to see again that goal Danny Haynes banged in at their ground , but can't find it , went mental when that went in!

Big 3 games coming up for them Man City & Arsenal away , then Norwich at home , if they can get something out of Man City & Arsenal they've got to be taken seriously as title contenders.

Can you honestly see Leicester finishing in the top 4 next season?
    I'd love to see it , but you've got to enjoy it whilst it lasts
  • The Vardy goal was fantastic but the passing play leading up to the penalty shout was fooking unreal!
    I really hope they win the title
  • Sponsored links:

• Big 3 games coming up for them Man City & Arsenal away , then Norwich at home , if they can get something out of Man City & Arsenal they've got to be taken seriously as title contenders.

Absolutely massive game, that Norwich one.
  • 80k a week to stay at Leicester vardy has been offered
  • Love the way they press high and hunt down in packs. Riga has same plan I think but won't replicate it with JJ in midfield and Simon up top. Next season with Kashi & JC with Lookman, fully fit Igor and a pacy physical frontman could have us other end of table. Like to see Konza and Umerah get a start once we are safe. Optimism.
  • I have no affiliation with Leicester but I would love to see them win the Premiership this time. Playing excellent football with great spirit for a Manager who I never understood when he was here previously. Now I really like his style, and the way he approaches the challenges. Sometimes the good guys do win.
  • Thanks GarryM that certainly brought some memories back.
  • they were my banker for relegation this summer. thank god I don't do spread betting!
  • I still get the feeling that Hodgson will play Kane over Vardy/Austin who both, in my opinion, have eclipsed Kane's achievements in recent seasons.

It just seems that Spurs' players get preference even though arguably it is easier scoring goals in a spurs team than it is in relegation threatened teams.
  • I still get the feeling that Hodgson will play Kane over Vardy/Austin who both, in my opinion, have eclipsed Kane's achievements in recent seasons.

It just seems that Spurs' players get preference even though arguably it is easier scoring goals in a spurs team than it is in relegation threatened teams.

What like Leicester you mean?

• Sponsored links:

Not really.

You can't ignore dele alli's form, be it spurs or not the boy should be in or around the England team, he is on fire at the minute.

Kane has scored 39 goals in 69 Premierleague games. That warrants an international call-up all day long.

• I'd they win the title Ranieri will be managing Chelsea or United next season. What odds would you have got on that 6 months ago?
  • Leicesters remaining fixtures;

would love to see them win it at stamford bridge, and then to show john terrys face he might even go up and try and get a medal;

Leicester v Liverpool Tue 2 Feb
    Man City v Leicester Sat 6 Feb
    Arsenal v Leicester Sun 14 Feb
    Leicester v Norwich Sat 27 Feb
    Leicester v West Brom Tue 1 Mar
    Watford v Leicester Sat 5 Mar
    Leicester v Newcastle Mon 14 Mar
    Crystal Palace v Leicester Sat 19 Mar
    Leicester v Southampton Sat 2 Apr
    Sunderland v Leicester Sat 9 Apr
    Leicester v West Ham Sat 16 Apr
    Leicester v Swansea Sat 23 Apr
    Man Utd v Leicester Sat 30 Apr
    Leicester v Everton Sat 7 May
    Chelsea v Leicester Sun 15 May

Home games are all winnable. If they can pick up 3-4 away wins too then they'll go very close to being champions.
  • Week after week I keep expecting them to fall away as it just doesn't seem real.

My housemate supports Leicester and is absolutely loving life right now.

I watched Match of The Day last night without knowing the Leicester/Liverpool score, and I genuinely celebrated Vardy's first goal as if it were scored by Charlton!
  • Staggered, lost £10 on Raineri being the first managerial casualty in the premiership this season.

So pleased for them though and I hope they continue to be the club that keeps on giving.

no doubt hodgson will put rooney and welbeck up top and leave vardy and kane on the bench and introduce them with only 10 mins left of a game
  • Would love Leicester to win it, but could they survive the 'Squeaky Bum time' that Fergie used to talk about?

Don't forget that Liverpool and Newcastle have both blown good leads in recent years, and it will be the mental side of the game that is most important - can they handle the pressure of HAVING to win a game?

I have a horrible feeling that Man City will get Kompany back, and will start a decent run that will (just) overhaul Leicester in the final furlong.
  • Man City have a potential 26 games remaining, with their Capital One Cup final, Champions League knockout phase and FA Cup run keeping them occupied. Tottenham have one more than that, with their potential nine Europa League ties and four FA Cup contests taking their tally to 27.

Arsenal could also have up to 25 games to consider, should their FA Cup and Champions League involvement continue. All of which, plays into the hands of Leicester.
  • Man City have a potential 26 games remaining, with their Capital One Cup final, Champions League knockout phase and FA Cup run keeping them occupied. Tottenham have one more than that, with their potential nine Europa League ties and four FA Cup contests taking their tally to 27.

Arsenal could also have up to 25 games to consider, should their FA Cup and Champions League involvement continue. All of which, plays into the hands of Leicester.

Having had no game for 10 days, it was noticeable how fresh the Leicester players looked, which reminded me of how few games you actually play in the PL if (like us) you rarely have cup runs!