Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We are up for sale (Rumour)

Comments

• I bet this is just some sort of wind up by meire and duchatelet to get our hopes up before crushing them, Much like they're crushing the heart of this club.

Oh come on. As if our leaders would pull the wool over our eyes.
  • Mr. Happy said:

Uboat said:

Five hours since my last visit and the deal has still not gone through.
    FOR FUCK'S SAKE! WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG?!

Does anyone have a "It's NOT happening!" gif???
    "It might be happening!! Soon!!! Or eventually!!!! Or, you know, whatever!" just isn't as good of a GIF
  • Nobody in their right mind will pay anything near 38 Million quid for a team with virtually no players with the right experience for the Championship, let alone League one. I so want it to be true, but you just know that its not going to happen.
  • 38 Million quid and we'll throw in the sofa....
  • Duchatelet needs to understand the full consequences should he stay. The outlay would be collosal for him to get any sort of a return. Let alone the time it would take.
    The blokes 70 FFS!
    Does he really need or want the aggravation?
  • while it would be marvellous to get rid of RD and his SMT for a "better" owner it could completely muck up the club in the short term.
    It is only 3 months to the new season and it will be very difficult to conclude a deal in that period, in the meantime what does RD do whilkst he haggles, my guess is sell as many assets (that is players) as possible and not replace them sp we will begin next season in a very poor state and with the revised loan system not much chance of improving things if the sale is not completed before the window clo
  • Sponsored links:

• Any disruption will be down to Roland and Meire.

There was an offer to talk from Varney in August 15. It was ignored.

The Elliot offer has been around for 4 months according to Airman Brown.

Roland has left it until we're down and is now panicking, stopping work on the training ground and blocking any other expenditure as he suddenly realises that he DOES do failure.

Even a smooth takeover would take 4 to 6 weeks and that assumes a price can be agreed and due diligence goes through without a hitch. Both are very unlikely.

In the meantime we are in the worst of both worlds - cuts and sales to deal with the £7m drop in income in league one and no forward planning because no one knows who'll be running the club in August.

We don't have a chief scout, we may not have a head coach, we have no director of football while our CEO and COO are incompetents looking only to protect their own positions and reputations in the hope of staying on with the new owners (Cajones) or staying within RDs empire as no one else will ever employ her (KM).

And we know nothing about any potential buyers assuming that they are serious.

Bumpy ride guys bumpy ride

There's bumpy rides and there's hitting the central reservation,spinning out of control,flipping and landing on your roof.
    I'd say we are probably somewhere around the latter!

• edited April 2016
    Where are we now exactly. We know that Peter Varney has tried to get talks started for many months without any hint of it happening and we now know that Paul Elliot's consortium have been trying to do the same for many months also.

It doesn't seem to me that RD is in a rush. To think this will conclude in a timely fashion if at all is in my view is a long shot at best.

Have any talks of any sort actually taken place or is Elliot in the same boat Varney.
  • Where are we now exactly. We know that Peter Varney has tried to get talks started for many months without any hint of it happening and we now know that Paul Elliot's consortium have been trying to do the same for many months also.

It doesn't seem to me that RD is in a rush. To think this will conclude in a timely fashion if at all is in my view is a long shot at best.

Have any talks of any sort actually taken place or is Elliot in the same boat Varney.

It's just a game to Roly. He doesn't give a shit how long it takes. He's probably dragging his heels just to stick 2 fingers up at the fans. The bloke is a fucktard of the highest order.
  • Davo55 said:

Guys, guys, come on. Expecting a deal like this to go through so quickly is like expecting your missus to go to Bluewater on her own, go straight to the shop she needs, buy the first thing she liked and getting out of there pronto.

The stuff of fantasy.

Regard the current skirmishes as no more than her picking up and putting down the same hanger 3 times, before trying it on, then leaving it, then going to 20 other shops, trying everything on, deciding to go back for the first thing, then changing her mind again and going home in a sulk because you are as useful as a chocolate teapot in these shopping marathons.

It's going to happen, but not for a good while yet. I just hope we start next season under new ownership. There's going to be some street party outside the Valley in August when that happens.

Just a tad sexist, mate? ;-)

• edited April 2016
    If I was a neutral advising Duchatelet, unfortunately I would only tell him to sell if he got a very decent offer. The club is worth more in the Championship, so he needs to get it back there. A calculation needs to be made on the loss next season. Then that loss needs to be countered with player sales – as few as possible. Our most saleable assets are Lookman and JBG. How much can we expect from their sales? If it covers the loss, then we will lose some other players, but they should be replaced and if under contract- kept. It should be doable to produce a squad capable of being more than competitive. A small loss to guarantee this should be considered. Then when promoted- that is the time to sell the club. of course we have basically lost Lookman and JBG for free as a result of that scenario. That is the neutral advice I would give him though. I would also tell him to sack his CEO, whether he thinks she is doing a decent job or not, and keep his manager and try to be more conciliatory towards the 'customers'. Let them see that a squad stronger than a League 1 squad is being built.

But that advice assumes no mistakes from the owner or his team. That is unlikely and I really hope he sells. Any other approach would be very likely to end in failure and even the suggested approach carries risk. I hope he realises that English football doesn’t really match up to his plans – whether that is right or wrong.
  • If he had any sense, he'd sell every player he could to both get them off the wage bill and repay Starprix loans with any fees. Then sell the club before he has to start paying wages again when players get back from their summer break.

We do need a massive clear out, but unfortunately the only ones he'll be able to sell quick and get a fee for are the very players we want to try to keep hold of.
  • If I was a neutral advising Duchatelet, unfortunately I would only tell him to sell if he got a very decent offer. The club is worth more in the Championship, so he needs to get it back there.

He clearly doesn't give a toss whether we're in the Championship or not though as it's been pretty obvious that we're heading for League One for a long time now and he's done sweet eff all about it.

• Sponsored links:

• We have a one season shot at returning to the Championship before FFP kicks in hard so any owner would be wise to take advantage of that and do all that is possible to keep/build the best squad. A fire sale of players would give an immediate return but create a less competitive squad. Also, any takeover price will take into account the squad value and costs of turning it into a promotion chasing outfit so selling players to reduce the Staprix debt would make no sense.

But then I'm thinking logically and don't have RD's razor sharp brain.
  • Rizzo said:

If I was a neutral advising Duchatelet, unfortunately I would only tell him to sell if he got a very decent offer. The club is worth more in the Championship, so he needs to get it back there.

He clearly doesn't give a toss whether we're in the Championship or not though as it's been pretty obvious that we're heading for League One for a long time now and he's done sweet eff all about it.

I think he has believed that we would save ourselves like we have done previously. That is his level of arrogance. Of course he will give a toss - being in League 1 is a disaster for him too.
    He must be utterly delusional then. The only surprise in our league position is that there is one other club that is somehow even shitter than us!

And they'll still beat us tonight...
  • Any disruption will be down to Roland and Meire.

There was an offer to talk from Varney in August 15. It was ignored.

The Elliot offer has been around for 4 months according to Airman Brown.

Roland has left it until we're down and is now panicking, stopping work on the training ground and blocking any other expenditure as he suddenly realises that he DOES do failure.

Even a smooth takeover would take 4 to 6 weeks and that assumes a price can be agreed and due diligence goes through without a hitch. Both are very unlikely.

In the meantime we are in the worst of both worlds - cuts and sales to deal with the £7m drop in income in league one and no forward planning because no one knows who'll be running the club in August.

We don't have a chief scout, we may not have a head coach, we have no director of football while our CEO and COO are incompetents looking only to protect their own positions and reputations in the hope of staying on with the new owners (Cajones) or staying within RDs empire as no one else will ever employ her (KM).

And we know nothing about any potential buyers assuming that they are serious.

Bumpy ride guys bumpy ride

I can't believe he's failed. After all this time, I discover he's lied to me ...
  • edited April 2016
    All the allegedly interested parties have strong Charlton links, and, unlike RD when he purchased the club, they will have a good idea of which players we need to keep and which ones need to be offloaded. If RD now starts selling our superstars, he risks losing potential buyers. It's highly unlikely that anyone would be willing to pay anything like 38 mill as things stand, even more unlikely without many of the better players. If he wants to achieve the maximum price, the new owners will need to believe that we can make a swift return to the Championship.
  • Davo55 said:

Guys, guys, come on. Expecting a deal like this to go through so quickly is like expecting your missus to go to Bluewater on her own, go straight to the shop she needs, buy the first thing she liked and getting out of there pronto.

The stuff of fantasy.

Regard the current skirmishes as no more than her picking up and putting down the same hanger 3 times, before trying it on, then leaving it, then going to 20 other shops, trying everything on, deciding to go back for the first thing, then changing her mind again and going home in a sulk because you are as useful as a chocolate teapot in these shopping marathons.

It's going to happen, but not for a good while yet. I just hope we start next season under new ownership. There's going to be some street party outside the Valley in August when that happens.

Blimey, you've just described my life, to quote the song:

" I felt he'd found my letters and read each one out loud"

( from the song Killing Me Slowly in Primark)
  • Maybe Katrien should check her inbox? News of potential investors was probably emailed to her months ago. Apart from incompetent she strikes me as being a little lazy and completely out of her depth. Katrien, do you read your emails or open your post?
  • I am sorry but no Chris Powell. I would like to see a British Head of Recruitment, British Chief Scout, a new British Coach and more recruitment of British players.