Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Incident in Nice

"Many injured in Nice, France after truck drives into crowd, reports of gunfire"

https://www.rt.com/news/351086-panic-nice-france-crowd/

Comments

• What a miserable place the world can be.

I hope not too many have died or been injured. Also hoping it wasn't on purpose although that is probably going to be proved wrong shortly as more reports immerge.
  • Two threads on this. I suggest using this one.
  • Fucking hellfire

God bless all those affected.
  • What a miserable place the world can be.

I hope not too many have died or been injured. Also hoping it wasn't on purpose although that is probably going to be proved wrong shortly as more reports immerge.

It seems very clear, sadly, that too many have, in fact, died.
  • Well testicles, and there I was having a rather pleasant day.
  • Chizz said:

What a miserable place the world can be.

It seems very clear, sadly, that too many have, in fact, died.
    Sky now reporting 30 dead
  • Oh no. I hoped I'd mis-read the thread title and then that it wasn't that bad. As soon as I saw it was a big event that had been attacked, the pieces started falling into place. Now we can only hope it doesn't get any worse.
  • Too many was the wrong thing to say.

Any people dying needlessly is too many.

The larger the number the worse it is which was what I was trying to say.

Looks like a planned thing at the moment from the initial reports.
  • Sponsored links:

• Truck driver shot dead by police. Accomplice "on the loose"
  • Could just be a rogue nut job, absolutely tragic. Just accidentally watched a video on Twitter of the aftermath and it was horrific
  • Sadly I don't see how the authorities can stop an attack like this. RIP to all the victims.
  • Think I might have seen the same video AFKA. I saw it before I even knew what was going on, truly horrific.
  • Just watching it on the news, that country keeps taking a kicking and it needs to stop.
  • Now up to 60 dead, horrible.
  • Sickening video.

RIP all.
  • Awful, absolutely awful.

RIP to those that lost their lives.
  • Horrific news tonight , yet again.

Thoughts are with the poor families involved at a time of celebration.
  • Could just be a rogue nut job, absolutely tragic. Just accidentally watched a video on Twitter of the aftermath and it was horrific

Yeah I saw that before I realised how bad it could be. Those poor, poor people.
  • Sponsored links:

• That video is fucked. It should be taken down. Even worse, CBS and FOX News representatives are on the Twitter message trail asking for permission to use it in their forthcoming broadcasts.

Reports now saying 60 dead, hostages taken in a hotel and a large fire broken out at the Eifel Tower.
  • There's no fame involved there mate. It's just sick.
  • edited July 2016
    Sky now reporting possibly 60 killed! France is really suffering lately. All it does is turn hate into more hate. Madness
  • Upated news on Sky now saying 73 fatalities.
  • Over 70 fatalities.

So sad

RIP
  • That video is fucked. It should be taken down. Even worse, CBS and FOX News representatives are on the Twitter message trail asking for permission to use it in their forthcoming broadcasts.

Reports now saying 60 dead, hostages taken in a hotel and a large fire broken out at the Eifel Tower.

The Eiffel Tower fire, happily, looks like it's completely unrelated. Fireworks in a truck caught light. Fire now out.

Although the pictures looked very scary.
  • I guess the "toll" is going to change all night, but it's now 73.

RIP
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!