Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Incident in Nice

1235»

Comments

• Just sad. What a f****ng mess we've got ourselves into.

Even before the blood in the streets has dried and it's our fault, might've known
    I meant humanity.
    Ants are always fighting each other and they get by
  • madadd said:

As a species and for all of our modern technology, learning and supposed humanity, we really are sorry specimens. When is all the bloodshed in this world going to stop and different cultures can learn to live alongside each other in relative peace, my thoughts are with the poor victims families and loved ones tonight...needless loss, another sad day :(

madadd said:

As a species and for all of our modern technology, learning and supposed humanity, we really are sorry specimens. When is all the bloodshed in this world going to stop and different cultures can learn to live alongside each other in relative peace, my thoughts are with the poor victims families and loved ones tonight...needless loss, another sad day :(

We are sorry specimens? I find that statement insulting.

Are you deliberately choosing to not acknowledge the particular culture/religion responsible for this attack?

in answer to your question yes I probably am choosing to ignore culture and religion when I say I would've hoped as a species we had by now evolved to live in peace with one another, I'm taking a broader humanitarian view and I am saddened and sickened by what this human has done to other humans and my observation was in sympathy for those who have lost their lives and their living relatives having to deal with their sudden loss and I make no apologies for this

• madadd said:

madadd said:

madadd said:

Are you deliberately choosing to not acknowledge the particular culture/religion responsible for this attack?

in answer to your question yes I probably am choosing to ignore culture and religion when I say I would've hoped as a species we had by now evolved to live in peace with one another, I'm taking a broader humanitarian view and I am saddened and sickened by what this human has done to other humans and my observation was in sympathy for those who have lost their lives and their living relatives having to deal with their sudden loss and I make no apologies for this

As a species I think mankind has evolved tremendously over the last few hundred years and on the whole we try and live peacefully with each other. Unfortunately there is one culture/religion that refuses to evolve and visits it's sickening primitive violence on innocent victims around the world every week.
  • madadd said:

madadd said:

madadd said:

As a species I think mankind has evolved tremendously over the last few hundred years and on the whole we try and live peacefully with each other. Unfortunately there is one culture/religion that refuses to evolve and visits it's sickening primitive violence on innocent victims around the world every week.
    I can see both sides really. I agree with the last comment above, but as to how we as humans are generally in relation to what we're up to on earth, I also still agree with Bill Hicks:

'I'm tired of this back-slappin' isn't humanity neat bullshit. We're a virus with shoes.'
  • Sorry to see this atrocity being used to make the usual points. For fuck's sake close it, it is an insult to the dead and those mourning them.
  • Here we go again. RIP to those murdered.

Three people have been killed in a knife attack in the French city of Nice, police say.

Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi said everything pointed to a "terrorist attack at the heart of the Notre-Dame basilica".

• I suspect this is one for the politics boards these days.

RIP.
  • Would like to stay out of this, so please start another thread so I ain't getting notified everytime someone post on here. Cheers
  • I'm disgusted at our spineless Government not showing support for the admirable stance of Macron in this respect.  Civilisation vs Barbarians round 567,7274...

RIP the innocent victims.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would like to stay out of this, so please start another thread so I ain't getting notified everytime someone post on here. Cheers
    I'll look into it.
  • Addickted said:
    Would like to stay out of this, so please start another thread so I ain't getting notified everytime someone post on here. Cheers
    I'll look into it.
    Cheers mate, means a lot
  • Thread closed on Rob's request. Probably best to start another on politics section, if anyone is that keen: https://forum.charltonlife.com/group/10-house-of-commoners

RIP
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!