Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Munich shooting

Reports of shooting at a shopping centre,media report multiple deaths.

Comments

• Hmm, I wonder if Merkel is having second thoughts on her decision ?
  • edited July 2016
    Having no sea border, did she have much choice though? I doubt she made the decision all on her own either way.
  • Thoughts with the families and those injured. What the fuck is happening with our world?

RIP
  • I fear it is only a matter of time before some people start taking the bait that is being dangled in front of them on a more and more regular basis...
  • Second shooting at metro station in Munich gunman/men still on loose.
  • edited July 2016
    Looking like a right wing nut job apparently
  • Looking like a right wing nut job apparently

Or a terrorist?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    WSS said:

Or a terrorist?
    Could be both. Isn't today the 5th anniversary of the murders in Norway by that fanatical terrorist
  • That was my point
  • Absolutely awful - RIP to lives lost in this atrocity. Every time something like this happens I think the way to deal with it is to carry on as normal, but I must admit that living in a major city I am starting to become more cautious in public places, and I hate that it is coming to that.
  • WSS said:

Or a terrorist?
    Well that goes without saying doesn't it. Majority people would have assumed that it would be is affiliated and I was mentioning it was allegedly a right wing related attack (on the anniversary of the Breivik attack) not IS
  • edited July 2016

He's killed unarmed innocent people, it matters not a jot what inspired him. IMO

Not what a lot of people will say or have said about other recent mass killings although I agree. It's the killing that is the crime.

RIP to the victims
  • Shockin scenes on ITV News, looked like a fella standing outside a fast food restaurant, firing at people as they run off.

When will this end? One attack a week?

On a personal level, this is releally starting to affect me now. So fuckin angry

I have good friends in Munich right now and i am in Germany for some festival work over the next week's,

Fucking scum cnut who has done this rot in hell bstd
  • Up to 3 coordinated shooters apparently.

Disagree that it doesn't matter what has inspired the perpetrators, we need to understand more in order to prevent this sort of thing from happening (if that is at all possible) and please note I am keeping an entirely open mind over what could have been the inspiration for this.
  • No one knows anything yet, other than there's multiple people dead,

Three separate people shooting people going about their daily shit,

It's a fkd up world,
  • Very sad. Going to be a long summer
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

Surprising and concerning if true cos from memory they are usually lone nut jobs, rather than in a 'team'.

Probably not though...
  • Maybe something to do with the weather as our mayor stated recently
  • He certainly doesnt look like a stereotypical isis terrorist

Surprising and concerning if true cos from memory they are usually lone nut jobs, rather than in a 'team'.
    I'm leaning towards the right-wing nutter theory, not only because it's anniversary - but there's also an exchange filmed prior to the shootings where he proclaimed he was a local german who was born in the country - and had to get a gun because "nobody else is doing anything". (according to the german translation via Twitter)

It is very surprising though, as coordinated attacks aren't really the pattern you'd expect - and it does suggest that more radical right-wing groups are not only forming, but getting organised enough to conduct attacks in unison.

Ideology and motive aside, it's terrorism - and an abhorrent waste of life. My thoughts are with those affected, words can't quite describe how fucked up the situation is at the moment. Having family visiting Belgium this weekend is quite worrying, as the latest IS propaganda has focused around The US, France, Germany and Belgium.
  • LuckyReds said:

I'm leaning towards the right-wing nutter theory, not only because it's anniversary - but there's also an exchange filmed prior to the shootings where he proclaimed he was a local german who was born in the country - and had to get a gun because "nobody else is doing anything". (according to the german translation via Twitter)

It is very surprising though, as coordinated attacks aren't really the pattern you'd expect - and it does suggest that more radical right-wing groups are not only forming, but getting organised enough to conduct attacks in unison.

Ideology and motive aside, it's terrorism - and an abhorrent waste of life. My thoughts are with those affected, words can't quite describe how fucked up the situation is at the moment. Having family visiting Belgium this weekend is quite worrying, as the latest IS propaganda has focused around The US, France, Germany and Belgium.
    Great, so we are now going to have two sides indirectly fighting each other by killing as many innocent people as possible...

I have to say, the whole "I am a local German" thing is pretty damning.
  • Sounding more like a lone (and likely right wing) terrorist.
  • Moi?? The last news I saw was hinting that it was looking more likely that it was a lone gunmen, as oppose to the earlier reported 3, which would support the more recent suggestions that it is a right wing, rather than Islamist attack as I (and others no doubt) had originally assumed.

If there has been further news since then that supports the 3 gunmen scenario again then fair enough.
  • Latest BBC reports are 3 shooters. Video footage of two different ones shown.