Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We can prove the attendances are lies

...well i can't as I am not going☺ but it would just need a little coordination and some high res images. With the amount we get in the valley, it won't take long to count the bums on seats in the home areas.

Split the stands up between upper and lower covered end, same for west and the whole of the east. Email them to boycotters like me to count and we can fight these lies with facts.

Put the true figure out on Charlton Live each week then social media?

Comments

• Or you could just ask under a freedom of information request. I presume the OB know exactly how many are in the ground.

Easier than counting faces in the crowd.
  • ...well i can't as I am not going☺ but it would just need a little coordination and some high res images. With the amount we get in the valley, it won't take long to count the bums on seats in the home areas.

Split the stands up between upper and lower covered end, same for west and the whole of the east. Email them to boycotters like me to count and we can fight these lies with facts.

So, why do you care?
  • Certainly less than 9,000 today but travelling into work this week the trains have been half empty and even Bromley High Street was nowhere as busy as usual this morning. Obviously thousands are on holiday (going myself tomorrow) so that I think is the main reason for such a low attendance.
  • They were all stuck on the M20
  • addick05 said:

Certainly less than 9,000 today but travelling into work this week the trains have been half empty and even Bromley High Street was nowhere as busy as usual this morning. Obviously thousands are on holiday (going myself tomorrow) so that I think is the main reason for such a low attendance.

Not sure the summer holidays are the reason.

What do the 5000 missing season ticket holders think?
  • ...well i can't as I am not going☺ but it would just need a little coordination and some high res images. With the amount we get in the valley, it won't take long to count the bums on seats in the home areas.

So, why do you care?
    So why do you care if he cares? :wink:
  • Off_it said:

Or you could just ask under a freedom of information request. I presume the OB know exactly how many are in the ground.

What's so interesting about gate figures?. If people don't want to go then fine, all have a choice.
    But I really don't understand the obsession with attendance figures.
  • Just add the attendance figures to the pile of lies they've already told us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

Or you could just ask under a freedom of information request. I presume the OB know exactly how many are in the ground.

What's so interesting about gate figures?. If people don't want to go then fine, all have a choice.
    You tell me. Why do they announce them then if it doesn't matter?

But if they're going to announce them then at least do it properly.
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

You tell me. Why do they announce them then if it doesn't matter?

But if they're going to announce them then at least do it properly.
    I am certain all clubs publish sold tickets, including issued complimentaries.

The 9100 advertised for the Shrewsbury game surely was 2500 more than in the ground.
  • Off_it said:

Because it's a nailed on indication of how relegation has impacted on the club, if nothing else. That aside, it's all spin and conjecture from both sides.
  • The ground doesn't look a lot emptier than it did last season - looked a third full most of the time.
  • The ground doesn't look a lot emptier than it did last season - looked a third full most of the time.

But last season they could legitimately claim the season ticket holders who has given up. Most protesters are likely to disagree with the announced attendance based on comments on here.

It would be nice if we could shame them into giving out correct attendances. Inflated claims reduce the pressure on KM and might raise the asking price from Roland. Although not necessarily the selling price.
  • Looking from east stand over to the west where my season tickets were, the lower west towards the away end is very down on what it was.

Last season just to the left of gate 2 where we were sat, there were about 6 people next to our seats compared to a still poor 50 people in 100 seats last year.

There was no one closer to the away end really whereas there was last year.

Lower north looked pretty busy, upper north a lot less so, to be expected given the season ticket prices.

• FFS support the team and F--k the regime .Just come down to the Valley and support the team.COYR
  • edited August 2016
    Ive thought of a great way to prove the attendances are lies.

Take a photo.

Investigation over.
  • The attendances have always been 'lies' - they're based on ticket sales, not the amount of people in the ground. Most recent seasons you can take 1500 of the headline figure for those not turning up - perhaps a few more in the last 18 months or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• not sales asit includes comps.
    the person who thinks the ground is as full as last year must be blind. the north upper is almost empty, the east looks deserted and hardly anuyone around us in west upper.
    24,000 home seats - I can't see more than 6,000 maybe 7,000. If someone said 1 in 3 seats used I would be amazed
  • I'll be there no matter what...I support the team not the regime...crowd today about right from whst I saw
  • I would guess around 8000 there today based on my photos of the stands which I am not either clever or diligent enough to upload.

Overall the ground was around a third full at best.
  • redman said:

not sales asit includes comps.
    the person who thinks the ground is as full as last year must be blind. the north upper is almost empty, the east looks deserted and hardly anuyone around us in west upper.
    24,000 home seats - I can't see more than 6,000 maybe 7,000. If someone said 1 in 3 seats used I would be amazed

You're right, it does include comps.
  • It does seem important to keep track of the lies we are being told.
  • rikofold said:

The attendances have always been 'lies' - they're based on ticket sales, not the amount of people in the ground. Most recent seasons you can take 1500 of the headline figure for those not turning up - perhaps a few more in the last 18 months or so.

Rarely been an issue in the past and I don't have a problem with counting legitimate tickets sold or supplied.

We are clearly in different territory currently though and the deliberate falsification of the figures should be exposed in my opinion as it further diminishes KMs public credibility.
  • Can not wait for Tuesdays attendances to be given.

Tuesday will of course be very low, but I think the Crawley game will get very close to the 817 at Sainsburys.
  • edited August 2016

Can not wait for Tuesdays attendances to be given.

Tuesday will of course be very low, but I think the Crawley game will get very close to the 817 at Sainsburys.
    Expect about 7000 as KM decides that season tickets should be counted for all matches, including home and away.

Was at that game 817.................Think this Tuesday will beat that gate as all time low.