Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Looking forward to the Kovalev/Ward fight. Kovalev a big puncher but a more skilful boxer than you think. Ward for me is the better boxer wins on points but going up a weight against a dangerous fighter makes it a very interesting fight.
  • Lomachenko V Walters is the one for me .
    McBobbin said:

Is cleveley's belt wort anything at all? Why do the WBA super champion as well? Very odd. I had cleverly behind as well. The other guy landed the more meaningful shots.

Kovalev vs ward will be a cracker.

I wish I could get excited about Ward V Kovalev but Ward is not that exciting to watch.
  • Kovalev v Ward will be great. Ward is probably number 2 on the pound for pound ranking and personally don't think is as boring as people make out.

WBA have a super champion. I wouldn't say Nathan "I'm note sure he will want a rematch" Claverley's belt means nothing but he's certainly not a proper world champion, no doubt he will disagree....
  • Wards a bad man but sometimes I struggle to keep my eyes open watching hin
  • Relikh was superb tonight.

Judges scoring it 116-112 is an absolute joke. Lucky escape for burns there.

I had it as a draw. Never a 116/112 fight
  • I also scored it a draw. Maybe just one more round to burns.
    That relikh is only going to get better. Loved him saying I came here to fight not play hide and seek.
  • 2 judges had it 8 rounds to 4, 1 judge had it 10-2 to Burns. Joke scoring. I had it a draw too. One of those where if it had gone either way by a round you couldn't argue. Few close rounds but never that wide.
  • 2 judges had it 8 rounds to 4, 1 judge had it 10-2 to Burns. Joke scoring. I had it a draw too. One of those where if it had gone either way by a round you couldn't argue. Few close rounds but never that wide.

I left after round seven. By then I thought Burns had lost every round but drew 5 and perhaps 7. 10-2 is a joke.
  • Wards a bad man but sometimes I struggle to keep my eyes open watching hin

Totally agree , technically fantastic but not enjoyable to watch.
  • Couple of good fights over two channels tonight.
    Bellew up now, Flores not looked bothered all week, fancy Tony to win inside 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Coolhand luke stepped up a level with that stoppage of Derry Matthews
  • Lovely body shots, Derry had to go at him after and then got hit again.
    Impressive from Campbell, I'd like to see the Mendy rematch.
  • It was a different luke there tonight
  • Needs the Mendy rematch.
  • Tony needs to up his game here letting flores put his foot in
  • Bellew proved tonight he is a knob. Won because of a low shot, then got mouthy after the knock out. Needs to learn a little respect.
  • It was a low blow but won because flores is all talk,

4 knock downs only one low blow

• Bellew spent most of the 2nd round talking to Haye.
    WWE style promo there. Bellew done the same to Clev before they made the rematch.
    Haye (unless he gets real old, real quick) would play with him, especially at heavyweight.
  • Yep, now showing what a class knob he is. Scouse mouth - tosser!
  • David haye needs to told he is a robbing pussy I will be ringside when it happens
  • Sponsored links:

• I haven't got much time for Haye either. But Haye will kill Bellew. Flores was nothing much and did give Bellew a couple of difficult moments. Flores was naïve after the low blow. Out of Haye and Bellew, it's Bellew I'd like to see oh his arse.
  • Haye is a spent act, I had so much respect t and time for him until the little toe time

Haye has been far too inactive to even consider getting I the ring with Bellew,

Tony has very little boxing craft but he is a fighter and haye has not trained hard nor fought hard since klitchko

Bellew would ko haye in a heartbeat
  • Should've been WWE Royal Rumble style, Haye should've whacked him in his suit there and then.
  • Don't see it like every national fight the big gob getsed spanked, Bellew needs Haye, H aye don't need a Bellew, Bellew spouts shit for months then gets put on his pants then goes back to. chisora levels, #europeanatbest

• Haye is a spent act, I had so much respect t and time for him until the little toe time

Haye has been far too inactive to even consider getting I the ring with Bellew,

Tony has very little boxing craft but he is a fighter and haye has not trained hard nor fought hard since klitchko

Bellew would ko haye in a heartbeat

I can't agree with that NLA - at heavyweight (at say 15-7) - Haye would knock Bellew out.

Bellew is too easy to hit and a full force left hook or right cross from Haye would send him to sleep.

I would pay to see it though - albeit two twats in the ring at the same time.
  • Haye hasn't trained properly in ages he fell out of live wirh the game and is only back for money the fight won't happen at all Imo

The haye 4-5 yrs ago destroyed Bellew this haye is not the same he would get hit harder than he has in years and he would go down

Bellew would win on pure aggressive behaviour haye won't take the fight
  • Haye hasn't trained properly in ages he fell out of live wirh the game and is only back for money the fight won't happen at all Imo

The haye 4-5 yrs ago destroyed Bellew this haye is not the same he would get hit harder than he has in years and he would go down

Bellew would win on pure aggressive behaviour haye won't take the fight

I agree that the fight is very unlikely to happen.
  • Haye ain't world level matevWBO at very best
  • edited October 2016
    At cruiserweight Bellew is mate the last fight he beat the man who had been taking out all comers and was a devastating puncher

Flores had never been stopped and was deemed dangerous personally I never liked him but he was highly rated

Haye used to be world class he ain't no more it's all based on yrs gone by, he won't fight Bellew he wont fight let's go champ, he wants a cheeky nick of a belt due to Tyson having to let them go.

• What an absolute twat Bellew is!