Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

F1 title decider- who do you want to win?

With the final (edited, thanks Sam)Grand Prix about to get underway, who do you want to win the championship?

Lewis or Nico?

I want Nico to win

Comments

• Its the final GP, and I want Nico to win it as it's super boring when the same driver wins over and over (Schumi, Vettel and now potentially with Hamilton)
  • Lewis of course.....Union Jack flying, national anthem playing.......why would anyone want anything else?
  • Wierd to not want a Brit to win? ( unless u are not a Brit)
  • Lewis is by far the superior driver and he's British.

Hopefully someone goes into the back of Rosberg on the first corner and Hamilton cruises to the title.
  • I'm not that bothered. Hamilton has 3 already, so on that basis I ought to be favouring Rosberg, except for the feeling that he has been lucky this season and isn't as good a driver as many of the others on the grid
  • Want Hamilton to win but highly likely we'll see a procession where Hamilton races well clear and Rosberg just cruises round in 2nd to win the title.
  • Lewis, he's British FFS.

Lewis of course.....Union Jack flying, national anthem playing.......why would anyone want anything else?

Being British doesn't automatically mean he's my favourite though. In fact it's such blinkered views and narrow mindedness that leads me to root for the 'other side' in many situations.

My favourite drivers since I started watching in 95? Schumacher, Montoya, Raikonnen, Barrichello Alonso, Vettel, Verstappen.

No doubt some peoples lists read Brundle, Herbert, Hill, Coulthard, Button, Hamilton.

Yawn
  • edited November 2016
    Nice to know I have blinkered narrow minded views.....I'll endeavour to remember that in future......just to please you Sam.
    I support my local team mate!
  • Nice to know I have blinkered narrow minded views.....I'll endeavour to remember that in future......just to please you Sam.
    I support my local team mate!

So it isn't narrowminded to not understand why people wouldn't want Hamilton to win?

He's not the most likeable chap at the best of times, and it will be good for the sport to have a new World Champion
  • Sponsored links:

• I think your last sentence really shows where you're coming from.
  • I also don't automatically support the British individual/team in a sporting event. How many here would want Palace to beat a foreign club if Palace were ever in say the Europa League?
  • edited November 2016
    That's because they are local rivals cb and them winning would adversely effect us....so maybe not the best example, don't you think.
  • That's because they are local rivals cp and them winning would adversely effect us....so maybe not the best example, don't you think.

Brits not wanting Andy murray to win because they think he's a miserable Scottish bastard is probably a better example.
  • are F1 drivers representing their nation or their teams?
  • Verstappen is going to be one hell of a driver in the future - World Champ for a long time methinks. There should be some monumental battles between him and VanDoorne.
  • Hamilton is clearly the better driver. If he wins today he will have won more GO's this season than Rosberg, and has jsut been incredibly unlucky with reliability.
  • I support the local lad....Lewisham Ilton.
    LOL!
  • Hamilton is clearly the better driver. If he wins today he will have won more GO's this season than Rosberg, and has jsut been incredibly unlucky with reliability.

Unlucky with reliability or did Rosberg look after his car better?

That is a serious question by the way
  • Yes, my example was an extreme one and therefore weak, nevertheless I do in a few cases prioritise factors such as personality, entertainment value and who deserves to win, over nationality (if the British individual/team is unlikeable).

Actually, I shouldn't be on this thread, as I don't like F1 and I don't care who wins but I was curious to see who you lot are rooting for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Those helmet blokes who change a tyre in two seconds then have a fist bump, is is that their actual job? Do they work full time for the team doing other engineer stuff / riggers etc, or do they simply do that? Will they have other normal jobs and just do this as a hobby / bit of pocket money (like a Sunday league ref)?

What sort of money do they get?
  • BR3red said:

Wierd to not want a Brit to win? ( unless u are not a Brit)

I'm not a Brit, but I would prefer Hamilton to win this. Far better driver than Nico, who can consider himself fortunate to be in this car. Max will be Hamilton's main contender for best driver for a while to come now.
  • Those helmet blokes who change a tyre in two seconds then have a fist bump, is is that their actual job? Do they work full time for the team doing other engineer stuff / riggers etc, or do they simply do that? Will they have other normal jobs and just do this as a hobby / bit of pocket money (like a Sunday league ref)?

Kwik fit off season,true story

It's just a hobby, the Redbull guys are all milk men
  • Small change I think!
  • Get in Nico!
  • Good, Hamilton showing his class on the radio there during the race, exactly the reason why he isn't universally liked.
  • WSSWSS
    edited November 2016
    I liked his tactics to be honest.

I think that the "team" aspect is overplayed in F1, the focus should be on the individual driver. I think most drivers only care about themselves as well.

All of the most successful drivers (or successful people in any walk of life for that matter) are not universally liked - Schumacher was a nasty piece of work on the track for example. That edge makes them multiple champions.

Unlucky with reliability or did Rosberg look after his car better?

That is a serious question by the way
    They just said that BOTH of them have had 4 failures this season.