Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Options
    He might need some help. It was supposed to be a big marquee signing.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Jay Emmanuel Thomas linked with us elsewhere.

Fits the striker / winger player that KR said he wanted and played for him at MK Dons.

I think it's unlikely now we have the Arsenal guy bearing in mind he'd have to end his loan to the Gills to come here. Maybe it was dependent on us loaning Gillingham a CB.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Jay Emmanuel Thomas linked with us elsewhere.

Fits the striker / winger player that KR said he wanted and played for him at MK Dons.

I think it's unlikely now we have the Arsenal guy bearing in mind he'd have to end his loan to the Gills to come here. Maybe it was dependent on us loaning Gillingham a CB.

Jay Emmanuel Thomas is our new Hayden Mullins.
  • Options
    Nothing more :).
  • Options
    Charlton twitter says we're all done.
  • Options

supaclive said:

We're SO crap at this transfer window deadline. Same mistakes, year on year. £11m in the bank. 6 points off the playoffs with a game in hand. Leave it until next year and we'll be fighting relegation.

Alternatively, hopefully Duchatelet is keeping the dough to p*** off very soon.
    don't know why this keeps being suggested - this is exactly the same as any other transfer window under duchatelet
    But not whilst in the 3rd division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why couldn't they have posted that 2 hours ago?

;o)

• Options
    He sounds proper wound up

Calm down calm down
  • Options
    Little dig at mk dons sbout being jealous of club with history or something along those lines?

Also think a message to Roland and km that they need to act quicker and plan
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Scoham said:
    Certain clubs need to look at how they conduct themselves... Hate to say this but many at Charlton need to look at themselves for this Statement!!!

He's also going on again about other clubs wanting more money because we're Charlton Athletic, they want more money because they know we've got money for Lookman - Its no different to Scunthorpe wanting £8m for one of their players simply because its a Chinese club that made the bid and we all know how loaded they all are!!!
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Certain clubs need to look at how they conduct themselves... Hate to say this but many at Charlton need to look at themselves for this Statement!!!
    He is only being honest and stating how he feels.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Scoham said:
    Yeah but we cant slate other clubs when our own Owners are taking the absolute piss out of us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we still send loanees back or are we still paying six plus Rojo Ba Sarr Ceballos and the rest?
  • Options
    I can't say I enjoyed watching that interview.
    However if there is no more business to be done at least tex is staying which is a plus.
    The two elements of the video which I thought were not in harmony with each other were that for the rest of this season we go for it, yet the summer recruitment effort starts tomorrow.
    I hope the recruitment effort that starts tomorrow has two layers, if we go up, or if we stay in this poxy league.
    Tomorrow is about counting the bodies, sorting out the fitness, sorting out the play.
    And then winning nineteen successive matches.

N N N N Nineteen nineteen
    N N N N Nineteen nineteen.
  • Options

redbuttle said:

Scoham said:
    Yeah but we cant slate other clubs when our own Owners are taking the absolute piss out of us
    I'm as against the owner as anyone but that's not really remotely related. If the money for a signing is there and clubs up the price as soon as we enter the picture it has absolutely nothing to do with Roland.
  • Options
    If MK Dons are asking silly money for a player so what?
    I don't blame them, we got shedloads in for Fox and Lookman.
    We have chosen not to pay it.
    So now we have to win with what we've got.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Well it "absolves Charlton of any blame for once". He said.

"We were willing to spend money but didn't because of other clubs bumping prices." He said.

Tbh I think the main dig was at MKD re Reeves.

Personally, I don't blame MKD. If our ex manager tried to take our players I would and have been pissed off.

Lennie Lawrence for one, when he went to Midds.
  • Options
    We're a joke