Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Perfect pop corn thread

Scousers

UKIP

The Police

RIP to the 96

Yeah sorry, I agonised about posting it but couldn't see it anywhere else and feel it has relevant football fan interest.

Note that I have chosen not to comment though.

Scousers

UKIP

The Police

RIP to the 96

Yeah sorry, I agonised about posting it but couldn't see it anywhere else and feel it has relevant football fan interest.

Note that I have chosen not to comment though.
    Definitely of interest and I hadn't seen it so thanks but still gonna generate so "interesting" comments : - )
  • I'd be very unsurprised if it turns out that something he has said turns out to be deficient in its truthfulness.
  • The story is either an exposé of a lying fantasist or fake news to prop up Labour support in the heartlands. Most people's minds will have been made up before they finish reading the headline.
  • Paul 'Walter' Nuttall
  • Why would anyone feel the need to lie about that...
  • colthe3rd said:

Why would anyone feel the need to lie about that...

The answer is in his job title.
    And in his name, if you look hard enough
  • Sponsored links:

• either way he's in trouble.

lying doesn't reflect well on him for obvious reasons, but if he's telling the truth then why didn't he come forward and help police inquiries?
  • Alternative facts.
  • Of course The Guardian has no reason to be sensationalist about this.
  • Politician in telling lies shocker.
  • Yes, and so was Nigel Farage...
  • His latest claim is ....

• Bit of an odd one this.

Newspapers reported last year that he was a Hillsborough survivor and there was no controversy. Now it's big news? Smells like a dirty smear campaign to me, but others have pointed out small inconsistencies in his behaviour. But it's a really odd one if it's a lie. It's easier to call him a liar based on the allegation he never came forward to the police (have all those fans who attended the game come forward? Unlikely) or that he never talks about it (Murray never talks about Dunblane but that doesn't mean he wasn't there. Very common for people present at disasters to not talk about their experiences) than it is for him to prove he was there.

Not saying I believe him but it seems that the most vocal accusers are doing it purely for political reasons and assuming he is guilty just because he is UKIP.
  • Sponsored links:

Scousers

UKIP

The Police

RIP to the 96

No mention of the Sun though.
  • a bit like when England won the world cup .. hundreds of thousands of wannabes were at both Wembley and Hillsborough, not ..
    as for Nuttcake, would be so unlike a politician to tell porkies
  • It is so simple. He is a leading member of UKIP. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:
  • I wonder how Diane Abbot is recovering from the old migrain that she caught the over day.

See Corbyn seems to be able to find a seat on the train now he made his point
  • I understand he scored a hat trick for Tranmere Rovers in their European Champions League final against Barcelona, so it is a bit ironic that now he wants to dismantle Europe.
  • It is so simple. He is a leading member of Labour. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

It is so simple. He is a leading member of The Liberal Democrats. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

It is so simple. He is a leading member of The Conservatives. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

It is so simple. He is a leading member of The Green Party. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

It is so simple. He is a leading member of SNP. If he says anything, the opposite is the truth. :wink:

And so on...
  • I .

See Corbyn seems to be able to find a seat on the train now he made his point

seth plum said:

I understand he scored a hat trick for Tranmere Rovers in their European Champions League final against Barcelona, so it is a bit ironic that now he wants to dismantle Europe.

Blimey, newfound respect for him. Whatever you think about his political stance, that is impressive
  • Fiiish said:

Bit of an odd one this.

Newspapers reported last year that he was a Hillsborough survivor and there was no controversy. Now it's big news? Smells like a dirty smear campaign to me, but others have pointed out small inconsistencies in his behaviour. But it's a really odd one if it's a lie. It's easier to call him a liar based on the allegation he never came forward to the police (have all those fans who attended the game come forward? Unlikely) or that he never talks about it (Murray never talks about Dunblane but that doesn't mean he wasn't there. Very common for people present at disasters to not talk about their experiences) than it is for him to prove he was there.

Not saying I believe him but it seems that the most vocal accusers are doing it purely for political reasons and assuming he is guilty just because he is UKIP.

He's fighting a high-profile by-election in which his honesty has already been questioned over giving a false (in terms of electoral law) address. It's hardly surprising if he's under much more scrutiny than previously as a consequence - it's what happens in elections.
    I understand why the smears are happening now, I'm simply of the opinion that no one thought he was lying until they realised he might win the by-election.
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Bit of an odd one this.

He's fighting a high-profile by-election in which his honesty has already been questioned over giving a false (in terms of electoral law) address. It's hardly surprising if he's under much more scrutiny than previously as a consequence - it's what happens in elections.
    I understand why the smears are happening now, I'm simply of the opinion that no one thought he was lying until they realised he might win the by-election.
    Having seen him on TV he seemed full of bullshit - about as credible as Farage saying he's not part of the elite.