Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson saying the right things

Players coming back early for pre season. He's agreed a budget and he will have sole control of the players signed within the budget.

It sound good verbally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsS6fy3lPCs&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• Although I'm not one of these people who seem to have an almost unexplainable hate for Robinson, I'm sure we have heard all this chuff about a better pre season before from previous managers.

Broken record, and I cannot be bothered to go into detail, but nothing is going to improve as long as we have RD and KM running the club.

When? The only manager under RD who actually had the luxury of planning a pre-season was Luzon. All other magers either left at the end of the previous season or never made it that far.

Slade pretty much said pre-season planning was non existent before he arrived and that he had to play catch-up throughout the summer.

• edited April 2017
    There is a world of difference between the club "saying" they are planning for next season and putting an effective project in place to identify and recruit the players who will be capable of a promotion push.
    The lot we have at present are a million miles away from the quality and mentality required.
    KR can bleat all he likes about his training plans pre Portmarnock.......that alone won't change things dramatically.
    Without RD having a major change in personality and approach.........none of what Robinson "plans" will matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well statistically if you say a lot of things then by sheer law of averages they're going to be right occasionally (Please note that this statistical law does not apply to Katie Hopkins or David Wolfe).
  • Cynical - but sadly true, @LenGlover
  • vff said:

With Robinson interviews, for every good thing, there are a whole number of contradictions, half truths & statements that completely ignore reality of life under Duchatelet. Ok if a person knows nothing about goings on but for Charlton supporters knowing even just a little about the situation, Robinson's blather ends up undermining the positive parts of his narrative to make a big ball of cheesy unpalatable mush.

Bulls*** in other words.
  • The time of year when an ever decreasing number of fans believe things may turn a corner for the better under the current ownership, I am ashamed to say in my desire to be optimistic I fell for it a lot longer then I should have.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2017
    Badger said:

He's agreed a budget, let's hope it's top six so we can get promoted.

The budget may be helpful but the as the recent losses show, if it is spent badly with a focus on whether a player can be sold on to make a profit later, with rubbish scouting & unhelpful interference from the owner then the outcome is not going to be successful.

No Charlton manager (under Duchatelet) is going to escape the control of Drieson the amateur or Duchatelet's meddling terrible strategy. Add in Meire's negotiating ability of a spoilt 9 year old. Things ain't going to improve. Robinson may get to a pick a couple of players but with the team dismantled again it is unlikely that he will get sufficient control or squad depth.

As many posters have observed, on this & other CL threads, the only thing that will really give Charlton a chance to be successful next season is a new owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

It's season ticket renewal time.

Of course they will wheel out the latest managerial puppet to say what they think fans want to hear. They try it every year.

Nothing will change sadly in reality.

Sadly, this is the actual truth, despite it being 1st April!
  • Karl was this budget agreed before the 13.5M loss was anounced? Might need to rethink as we are told this will not be allowed to happen again.
  • Yes. The club will have been aware for almost a year what the losses were going to look like.
    The more important element is how much of the subsequent significant player sales will be reinvested in the club.
    By my reckoning, if Roly is staying then very little. If he's throwing in the towel, none at all.
  • Although I'm not one of these people who seem to have an almost unexplainable hate for Robinson, I'm sure we have heard all this chuff about a better pre season before from previous managers.

It's not often we have a manager in place to plan pre-season!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Although I'm not one of these people who seem to have an almost unexplainable hate for Robinson, I'm sure we have heard all this chuff about a better pre season before from previous managers.

It's not often we have a manager in place to plan pre-season!
    Results go badly we might not.

• When he says he's agreed a budget, i assume that what he actually means is that RD has told him what the budget is and tough shit if he doesn't like it.

It won't be very much though, something along the lines of 100k plus whatever we can get for Konsa.
  • He said all that stuff, just in a different order, after his trip to Paris, didn't he?
  • edited April 2017

The man is just performing for the PR department and it's humiliating and tragic.

Reminds me of the petitions I sign on Facebook , campaigning against performing animals in circuses.

KR is the regime's performing seal & as such, I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

:wink:
  • Bla bla bla Robinson