Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Did you buy a Protest Shirt this season?

Then if so, give yourself a massive pat on the back for more ways than one.

By selling so many shirts, we managed as part of the project to generate some decent sums in order to help (alongside the Protest Fund) a couple of excellent local charities.

One of those was the Charlton Park Riding School for the Disabled, who benefited from a £3,500 donation.

On Saturday, a few of us had the pleasure of attending a meet and greet to see how that money had been put to use. A whole new forecourt area had been laid. Previously, the area had ankle-deep holes that were dangerous, especially for kids with mobility issues, and filled up when it rained. They are immensely pleased with the paving that is safer and more pleasing to the eye. It looked fantastic.

A few pics below, with @TEL (who drove the project) and @AddicksAddict with John Furlonger from the Charlton Park RDA

Once again, thanks again to everyone whose purchases made these donations possible, and a special thanks to @TEL and the dozen or so posters on here who formed the 'Covered End Choir' and who successfully managed to bring this idea to fruition.

Comments

• How do I get one now?
  • Absolutely brilliant ! Well done, guys & everyone that bought a shirt.
  • I bought one. Good see the money went to a great cause. Well done all involved.
  • Great stuff. Really pleased it went to a really good, local charity. I'll get mine on for my return on Sunday. Well done @TEL and all who helped and bought the shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wore mine today for my run long the North bank. Great to see how some of the money was spent. Credit to Tel and others who helped make it happen.
  • Wonderful idea, great to see the results.

And the black and white shirt will be proudly worn once more when we play Swindon on Sunday. Hope to se many, many others do the same.
  • dizzee said:

How do I get one now?

Contact charltonnick - if there are any left, he'll have them.
  • I'm going to wear my black and white shirt over my Roland Out hoodie over my CARD hoodie if it's cold.

I'll put my charlton waterproof on underneath if it's raining.
  • dizzee said:

How do I get one now?

Thanks!
  • dizzee said:

dizzee said:

How do I get one now?

Thanks!
    From memory in men's we have some XL and XS left plus a few assorted ladies.

Thanks to all on behalf of all the Covered End Choir team.
  • Buying the shirt was the easy bit so a massive thank you to all involved in the project and so good to see the positive results for the riding school.

Looking forward to wearing my shirt on Sunday, sat in the east opposite KM, home made banner aloft!
  • Great to see the spin off from all the effort put in by so many.

well done to those organizers.
  • Do you think there'll be any appetite for an 'away' version of the shirt. It could be White n Black ...
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going to wear my black and white shirt over my Roland Out hoodie over my CARD hoodie if it's cold.

I'll put my charlton waterproof on underneath if it's raining.

With all that on you had better buy the seat next to you. Hope the west lower is not already sold out.
  • I don't always agree with everything done and said by CARD, but things like this show a level of class amongst its organizing committee that the current owners of our club can only dream of.

Good work.
  • Top effort Tel and all who put their time into this.
  • We do still have a very limited number of protest shirts left , Mens XL & XS and a couple of Ladies sizes , visit covererdendchoir.co.uk to order. We also have Roland out hoodies in all sizes.
  • Yep

Top effort to all involved.
  • Is there going to be a 'new' shirt for 2017/2018 season ?
  • is @AddicksAddict the one with the green bowl ??
  • Is there going to be a 'new' shirt for 2017/2018 season ?

No plans Pres
  • is @AddicksAddict the one with the green bowl ??

That's me before they got at me with the clippers.
  • Not worn mine since 4th March in Belgium. Time for an airing on Sunday.