Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ricky Holmes

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
Just been told it's done and dusted to Sheff Utd. Very good source.

Comments

• Oh great
  • Doesn't surprise me.
  • Wouldn't surprise me either. The fun begins. Again.
  • Didn't he come to us because he wanted to move south?
  • If he goes and Konsa goes I fear for us next year...
  • Sponsored links:

• Its like at the end of each season KAtrien offers a few of our Younger/More talented players to the team top of the league. Last season Pope and JBG, this season Holmes.
  • Don't blame him if he has gone as he is one of the best players in this league.
  • Same old sell best players replace with inferior ones.
  • Same old sell best players replace with inferior ones.

Holmes has been one of the few astute signings. The problem is that the odds of replacing Holmes with someone nearly as good or with potential are low.
  • edited April 2017
    Makes sense. He only joined us on a promise of championship football and working for Chris Wilder. I have no sources but said this to vociferous anti protesters during the game when they were saying "got to hang on to him next season".
  • Holmes and Konsa going has been expected since February.
  • if true he's back with a manager who knows him well and got the best out of him @ Northampton .. be VERY sorry to see him go, about the only exciting player we had this season ..
    IF he goes, he will be SORELY missed .. let's hope that Marshall of Bradford (discussed elsewhere) will come in as a replacement (wishful thinking) .. much will depend on how Bradford go in the play offs
  • Keeping him would be an obvious sign of ambition. He's easily one of the best players in this division, therefore we will subject of bids.

We shall see but I don't expect to keep him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

My friend spoke to him after the game and asked if he was staying and his quote was " I have another year on my contract so I hope so "

Will soon change his mind when offered a longer contract on more money to play for a better team in a higher division for a manager he knows well.
  • Swisdom said:

My friend spoke to him after the game and asked if he was staying and his quote was " I have another year on my contract so I hope so "

Will soon change his mind when offered a longer contract on more money to play for a better team in a higher division for a manager he knows well.
    Oop north though.

Think he's settled down here and we are likely to offer a new contract

• edited April 2017
    Swisdom said:

I spoke to Ezri earlier this week and he said he's signed a new contract and expects to be here for two or three more years

Holmes and Konsa going has been expected since February.

I really do hope so but I'm not gonna put any money on it. Expecting him to go, will be pleasantly surprised if he's still here in August.
  • The way we sell on the few players who have been decent really sums up perfectly for me just how inept the people running our club are. Clueless.
  • Holmes is 29, which arguably gives him one or two years being able to play like he does now ... he surely would jump at the chance to play higher especially at a club so well supported but also managed by his old mate!
  • edited April 2017
    I hope he stays. I understand he turned them down in the summer to come here for family / domestic reasons.

IF he did leave what about asking for Samir Carruthers in part exchange. He only seems to be a sub for Sheffield United and is not a regular.
  • Didn't he come to us because he wanted to move south?

Now he knows it's not all its made out to be!
  • edited April 2017
    Load of bollocks. He's been jokingly linked with them all season by fans then all of a sudden he's as good as signed? Never been linked by anyone with remote credibility.