Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Page (ed. New contract to 2020)

Comments

• So far: seems like he knows how to defend, can't pass to save his life
  • Although there was one defensive lapse yesterday where he fell over, didn't get the free-kick and had to be bailed out by Rudd

That aside, defended well and got down the wing nicely a few times. But that passing oh man

• edited February 2017
    Leuth said:

Although there was one defensive lapse yesterday where he fell over, didn't get the free-kick and had to be bailed out by Rudd

That aside, defended well and got down the wing nicely a few times. But that passing oh man

Your mate Fox didn't exactly excel himself yesterday I understand and Page cost Jack Sh*t. Just saying like :wink: .
  • Lewis Page, will be fine..I don't think he has had much league experience, and to be thrown into a struggling team, at 20yrs of age?...
  • Charlton Athletic FC Retweeted

10h
    Lewis Page‏ @LewisPage3
    Operation done✅ road to recovery, now time to do everything right ready for next season!
  • Feel bad for him, but not the team, Chicksen is way better and is probably our fittest player, the amount of times he runs forward on the overlap, or is there covering when the opposition breaks
  • Chicksen will leave in the summer and we'll be stuck with Page as our first choice left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Chicksen will leave in the summer and we'll be stuck with Page as our first choice left back.

I'm slightly surprised Chicksen hasn't been offered a contract extension already, unless he's told the club he doesn't want one
  • Bit harsh to call Page rubbish already but Chicksen is definitely the better left back and probably an upgrade on Fox - I say that as someone who thinks Fox is alright.
  • se9addick said:

Chicksen will leave in the summer and we'll be stuck with Page as our first choice left back.

Page has been touched by our medical team. He will never be seen again.
  • se9addick said:

I'm slightly surprised Chicksen hasn't been offered a contract extension already, unless he's told the club he doesn't want one
    It's odd - I would have thought that if he'd rejected an offer it would have been leaked through the normal sources by now. Possibly they are just not interested in having two senior pro's in that position so Page gets the gig because he has a contract for another couple of years (despite being vastly inferior to Chicksen).
  • Bit harsh to call Page rubbish already but Chicksen is definitely the better left back and probably an upgrade on Fox - I say that as someone who thinks Fox is alright.

Both are flawed, but seem more suited to the modern full back role than Fox

Hopefully Page can improve as he's only 20, the same age as Aaron Barnes
  • se9addick said:

No one has been offered a Contract in the First Team though

Jackson and Crofts are two others out of Contract in the summer but there has been nothing thus far with them either
  • Talal said:

se9addick said:

Page has been touched by our medical team. He will never be seen again.
    The repair was probably done with duct tape.
  • se9addick said:

Jackson and Crofts are two others out of Contract in the summer but there has been nothing thus far with them either
    hopefully because da cloob don't see it as their problem anymore
  • se9addick said:

hopefully because da cloob don't see it as their problem anymore
    Hopefully it gets sorted soon else we'll have new owners coming in having to sort Season-Tickets / Contracts and even Friendlies ahead of the new season - At the moment its potentially happening so late we're going to have to write off next season.

If they are selling then RD and KM are treating the situation like a difficult tenant being evicted by a landlord and doing their utmost to mess up the property before they leave so that the Landlord is then forced to clear up an even bigger mess!!
  • se9addick said:

Good sign or bad sign ? Big Chris Powell style re-structure of squad financed by releasing players who aren't suitable or just a "no new contracts" rule where we make do with whatever is left over ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw our future left back on Monday afternoon. Although he played left midfield,he is everything you need from a modern day full back. Strong in the tackle, good passer and excellent going forward. His delivery from corners is excellent. Step forward Alfie Doughty. Another player that Duchatelet can sell in the near future.
  • No players being offered new contracts.
    No news on season tickets.
    Could it just be happening?
  • No players being offered new contracts.
    No news on season tickets.
    Could it just be happening?

Dont forget, squirrel face has been busy on a Hen weekend. She needs to get the important stuff out of the way before worrying about doing her job. I'm sure Season tickets and player contracts will be looked at at some point.
  • That makes the need for another LB even more urgent...
  • edited June 2017
    makes letting Wiggins go even more sillier

don't worry, we'll have Da Silva back next season - KR told us so.
  • Roger Johnson is available.
  • Ketts was talking about Declan John at Cardiff.
  • Dodgy hamstrings at his young age, does not bode well for the rest of his footballing career.