Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW POLL - Did you attend Saturday or not?

edited September 2017 in General Charlton
So with the interesting debate after the weekend in terms of attendances, be interested to see even the roughest of snapshots of how much our fan base is currently active on any given Saturday.

So did you attend Saturday? Loads of variables in play in why it might have been a rare attendance as you live aboroaf, or a rare absence because you were working or on holiday. Just simply, were you at The Valley on Saturday?

NEW POLL - Did you attend Saturday or not? 446 votes

Yes - Attended
37% 169 votes
No - Wasn't there
62% 277 votes

Comments

• Yes - 47%
    No - 52%

I assume the other 1% didn't know where they were on Saturday.

That'll be the deserter @cabbles stag do apparently, zero commitment from a moderator is wholly unacceptable, AFKA's kids had to suffer for gods sake........ :wink:
  • I wasn't there but I have an ST so would have been included as part of the 9900 or so.
  • edited September 2017
    HandG said:

I wasn't there but I have an ST so would have been included as part of the 9900 or so.

then vote no then mate (and anyone similar)
  • Had friends over from Eastbourne, if they hadn't been there would have probably persuaded my son to go but he is not very interested at the moment.

Would rather do something else and watch the goals on TV :-1:
  • If the early poll indicates something it suggests attendances could possibly double in the right circumstances.
  • seth plum said:

If the early poll indicates something it suggests attendances could possibly double in the right circumstances.

Not really Seth as you have to factor in those based overseas etc. However I was anticipating attending to be something between only 10-30% so quite surprised at the moment
  • Be interesting to find out those who happily watched the game through iFollow and were in the UK at the time.

Guess there will be some people who'll take advantage of this now and wont be interested in returning to the Valley because watching online is a lot cheaper than attending in person... Will certainly be interesting come the December / January games when you have the choice of watching from the warm comfort of your home or risk your balls freezing and falling off in the stands
  • I was there

And I didn't call anyone a cu*t :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

I was there

And I didn't call anyone a cu*t :wink:

funny enough, I was on 'swear watch' on Saturday. Sat in a near empty block in the East and other than one effing from someone about a dozen words behind, didn't really hear a single profanity.

• Would rather do something else and watch the goals on TV :-1:

Would rather do anything else at the moment and don't even bother to watch the goals on the TV!

• Would rather do something else and watch the goals on TV :-1:

Would rather do anything else at the moment and don't even bother to watch the goals on the TV!

same here although having a TV would help ;-)
  • No I wasn't there as I had work commitments, but my attendance was probably accounted for as I have a season ticket
  • I wasn't there & won't be until a change of ownership. Haven't been since Burnley won the Championship & tbh I don't miss going. Always have other things to do but do watch the goals & despite not missing it I will be back once doucebag & his pet dog have gone.
  • Gave it a lot of thought, but it was one of my rare opportunities to go as I was in the country, but having been to Bristol Rovers and Southend, the atmosphere was subdued as was the attendance even though we won! Then after losing to Wigan and Gillingham I decided to not go and spent time with my family instead. I was more than willing to give it ago this season as and when I could, but the place doesnt seem the same and its sad to see the ground so empty, Im not sure it will recover quickly even if RD sells up...I fear long term damage my have been done. I respect those that still go and I will go again sometime this season, but as i said the old place just doesnt seem the same. I was there when attendances would be 4-5k back in the late 60's, but the atmosphere genertaed then seemed so much better. Strange I know!!
  • Live overseas nowadays, but will be back for Pboro game.
  • I was there. Have my S/T. Would love a change of ownership as long as they care... RD won't stop me going - but must admit am getting a bit fed up with the lack of bite up front... play some lovely stuff at times but without goals it doesn't matter too much... just frustrating at times.
  • Gave it a lot of thought, but it was one of my rare opportunities to go as I was in the country, but having been to Bristol Rovers and Southend, the atmosphere was subdued as was the attendance even though we won! Then after losing to Wigan and Gillingham I decided to not go and spent time with my family instead. I was more than willing to give it ago this season as and when I could, but the place doesnt seem the same and its sad to see the ground so empty, Im not sure it will recover quickly even if RD sells up...I fear long term damage my have been done. I respect those that still go and I will go again sometime this season, but as i said the old place just doesnt seem the same. I was there when attendances would be 4-5k back in the late 60's, but the atmosphere genertaed then seemed so much better. Strange I know!!

Not being funny, but while the crowds have been poor, to me the atmosphere has been pretty good this season. I've been to away matches when the home supporters have hardly sung at all, which isn't the case at The Valley.

• Sponsored links:

• Just a thought, but a better poll might be to separate out those on holiday or living abroad, as the interesting stat is those who could have gone to the game but chose not to....

Not being funny, but while the crowds have been poor, to me the atmosphere has been pretty good this season. I've been to away matches when the home supporters have hardly sung at all, which isn't the case at The Valley.

I agree, its true considering how poor the crowds are the atmosphere is not that bad. Hardly a cauldron of noise obviously, but still a good effort
  • Chose to travel for horse racing in Ireland for the weekend, that was more appealing but will still be at the valley as often as possible without putting cash Rollys way if I can help it.
  • I wasn't there but as a season ticket holder count as being there!

In terms of the poll I said 'no' but perhaps should have said 'yes'
  • I'm a season ticket who was on holiday as was my son, so whilst being counted we were not present.
  • edited September 2017
    I had the hump for decades about the way Jimmy Seed was treated when he was sacked, until I realised the owners are not the club. Don't let the regime spoil your enjoyment of football. If they want rid of older 'traditional' supporters, then you're helping them by not coming.
    It's bloody sad though, if that's how you feel as, paradoxically, I do get the boycott argument.....
  • JamesSeed said:

I had the hump for decades about the way Jimmy Seed was treated when he was sacked, until I realised the owners are not the club. Don't let the regime spoil your enjoyment of football. If they want rid of older 'traditional' supporters, then you're helping them by not coming.
    It's bloody sad though, if that's how you feel as, paradoxically, I do get the boycott argument.....

I get the boycott argument, but attendances will never fall enough to force any owner we have to sell. There's enough fans out there who have the opposite view that you stick by your team no matter what (which I can understand as well).
  • Had friends over from Eastbourne, if they hadn't been there would have probably persuaded my son to go but he is not very interested at the moment.

Would rather do something else and watch the goals on TV :-1:

Goals on TV, that can make for a quiet time if your waiting for us to score.
  • Not while Roland and the puppet are there